What's new

Mirage, F-7PG and other combat aircrafts

f-7pg_pakistan_air_force_high_mark_2010_009.jpg

i say retire these planes, save the money spent on their maintenance, pump that money into jf-17 program or some R&D related to long range SAMs and radars. these planes make up about 70% of our combat aircraft and must be eating up a lot of money, so we will quite have a good amount(but not v.much though).

i think pakistan should give those f-7s and mirage to pakistan NAVY to operate and buildup it air fleet ... that would really help navy to defend against enemies as pak navy is very weak

i say retire these planes, save the money spent on their maintenance, pump that money into jf-17 program or some R&D related to long range SAMs and radars. these planes make up about 70% of our combat aircraft and must be eating up a lot of money, so we will quite have a good amount(but not v.much though).

Dear Sir, you dont know even the ABC of Air force operational and organizational needs. Can you please elaborate on Cost/benefit part of your post? Regards.

Dear Sir, you dont know even the ABC of Air force operational and organizational needs. Can you please elaborate on Cost/benefit part of your post? Regards.

these aircrafts are decades old, and are totally useless in modern warfare...so no benefit, only maintenance costs

i think pakistan should give those f-7s and mirage to pakistan NAVY to operate and buildup it air fleet ... that would really help navy to defend against enemies as pak navy is very weak

For me this is the post of the day.

Still trying to understand what the poster wants.

Mirage IIIs & Vs will go once all F-7Ps are phased out in 2015. They are costly to maintain and spares are difficult to get. No ex-PAF Mirages will be transferred to PN. Currently, PAF has 54 JF-17 Block 1s. Two squadrons are active while the third will be raised soon. These three squadrons will replace all retired A-5Cs on one-for-one basis.

Mirage III ROSE and V ROSE will stay in PAF at least for this decade. Mectron MAR-1 air-to-surface anti-radiation missiles have been integrated to the III/V ROSE fighters.

As PAF lacks resources, F-7PG will remain in service till 2020. And It should be upgraded further with better avionics & weapons. Can't F-7PGs be integrated with any BVR missiles? It is rumoured that Bangladesh's F-7BG/BG1s can fire BVR's.

@Aeronaut @fatman17 @Armstrong @Imran Khan @F.O.X @BDforever

Last edited by a moderator:
With the limited budget navy has this shall ensure that whatever procurement plans navy has shall go down the drain.

yeah but navy need funds , our navy is very weak right now we cant even defend our coast lines with indian navy blocked in case of limited war , navy needs 2-3 items before 2015 . such as 2 type 45A chinese destroyers on lease + at least 3 qing or yaun class subs with nuclear tipped CM and 1-2 frigates ... our six old ex uk frigates will be retiring soon , with 6 of them out from service we need to fill this gap ...

We saw 14 airframes lost between 2007 to july 2013.
Before 2008 no f7 was lost to crash.
and before 2011 no mirage 5 was lost.
What is the reason of such sudden increase in losses?

I think retiring a squadron of oldest mirages to boost up jf-17 induction will be a really good idea.

Paf x-air marshal rao qamar said that maintaining these mirages is very costly as no one manufacturing the spares. The ones we get have unknown flight hours on them. it is a flight safety issue. Then why we have not retired them? He said that 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom