What's new

Mira-Bhayandar elections: Jain monk urged devotees to vote for BJP to create vegetarian society

The bottom line is that when it came down to the wire, Mamta chose Muslims over Hindus on the day when Muslims had Muharram. It is unthinkable that Hindus could be denied the right to worship in their own country on any given day. But i should say it 'was' unthinkable.

Fortunately, this will lead to major vote collection by BJP. We will evict the anti-Hindu politicians from this country. Mamta is a prime example of a traitor.
Indeed the bottom line is Didi chose Hindus over Indian muslims by restricting muslims for one day while allowing 4 days of festivities for Hindus. In the recent past, it has become unthinkable for muslims to even follow their religion and are denied their right to worship in their own country restricting it to just one day.:(

Indeed the bottom line is Didi chose Hindus over Indian muslims by restricting muslims for one day while allowing 4 days of festivities for Hindus. In the recent past, it has become unthinkable for muslims to even follow their religion and are denied their right to worship in their own country restricting it to just one day.:(
Friend, you can repeat what I say, that does not make it true. Muslims have no restriction on any day, they can celebrate any day they want, every day they want, but Mamta has placed restriction on Hindus. They are not allowed to worship on one day.

The difference is evident to us. Verbal gymnastics of any kind will not change what is clear as day. The response to Mamta is also in the coming. The more she oppresses Hindus, the more they will rise. Its the reason BJP has made its first entry in Bengal and Kerala.

LOL, kaching, the secular Juhadi, predictably strikes.

psst, vote share of BJP in recent WB local elections touched 30%

Come 2019, you will loose WB as well. We will make sure of this. ;)

Mira-Bhayandar elections: Jain monk urged devotees to vote for BJP to create vegetarian society
A Jain monk asked his followers to vote for BJP in Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation elections in order to help create a vegetarian society.
1503321719_naypadmasagarji-maharaj.jpg

Naypadmasagarji MaharajYouTube

A Jain monk, who was purportedly BJP's mascot in the Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation elections, in which the saffron party won 61 seats, had asked his followers to vote for BJP in order to help create a vegetarian society.

Jain monk Tarun Sagar urges devotees to spend his birthday in cemetery

Naypadmasagarji Maharaj has reportedly swung around 30,000 votes in favour of the BJP by urging his followers through a video message to vote for the party. In the video which was posted a few days ago, he had said, "the only party that will uphold vegetarianism" in Mira-Bhayandar and the entire country.

However, this is not the first time that Maharaj has made the headlines for propagating vegetarianism.

During the BMC elections in February, Maharaj, who has a massive number of followers from all over the world, had dubbed the elections as a contest between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. He had announced that the candidates who promised to shut meat shops in the city during paryusha – an eight-day fast by Jains – will get the community's votes.

However, back then he had not openly supported any party.

No meat sale during paryusha

According to a Times of India report, Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, BJP's in-charge for the polls Shaina Nana Chudasama and other senior BJP leaders had met Maharaj a few days before the polls. The Jain Monk has claimed that Fadnavis had promised that no slaughter house will be functioning throughout the eight days of paryushan.

"A few of us, including the CM, met with Naypadmasagarji. We are a diverse society, and Jains expect cooperation during Paryushan. I don't think he is asking for too much," Shaina was quoted as saying by the TOI.

Maharaj told the Mumbai Mirror on Sunday that he was "certain" that most of the 30,000 Jain voters had voted for the BJP in the Mira-Bhayandar elections.

Here's why Maharaj supports BJP

1503321719_prime-minister-narendra-modi.jpg

Prime Minister Narendra Modi deliversPress Information Bureau

According to Maharaj, he was impressed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "vegetarian way of life", which is why he supported BJP.

"I'm not against any political party or religion. Look at PM Modi... he remains a steadfast vegetarian even when he travels abroad. CM Fadnavis met me a few days ago and promised that he will respect our demands. The talk between Fadnavis and me were very positive and that's the reason I have appealed my followers to vote for BJP," the monk said.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/mira-bhaya...ees-vote-bjp-create-vegetarian-society-739237
Vegetarianism is good for the society. For the environment. For the animals and plants.

Though I doubt BJP wants anything to do with it. Except may if more people want it - they will push for it. Purely for votes.

Aaw so when "Shahi" Imam makes appeals for muslims to vote for a particular party, he becomes communal but hey it is halaal for Jain monks or Hindu swamys.
Some ignorant Hindus may be hurt. The Shahi Imam did what a Muslim should do. Nothing more. Nothing less. A male patriarchal head of an Islamic society will obviously ask his supporters to vote for the most Islamic party in the elections.

Shahi imam lives on Government Funds.
ROFL. Aukaat 101.

I am just saying he should only do what he is supposed to and stay away from political activities
Nah mate. He has the right to ask like minded men to follow suit.

Oh 4 days of idol immersion given but you can't bear a day of Muharram. Looks like Durga worshippers are getting appeased here...
Not really. Muslims are allowed to behave as they please for all the days. There is no ban on their mode of worship. Only the Hindus are banned for 1 day. But never mind. The Hindus in WB are taking notice.

In any case. Muharram is not a Muslim festival. It is a Shia festival.

Last edited:
A Jain monk asked his followers to vote for BJP in Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation elections in order to help create a vegetarian society.
1503321719_naypadmasagarji-maharaj.jpg

Naypadmasagarji MaharajYouTube

A Jain monk, who was purportedly BJP's mascot in the Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation elections, in which the saffron party won 61 seats, had asked his followers to vote for BJP in order to help create a vegetarian society.

Jain monk Tarun Sagar urges devotees to spend his birthday in cemetery

Naypadmasagarji Maharaj has reportedly swung around 30,000 votes in favour of the BJP by urging his followers through a video message to vote for the party. In the video which was posted a few days ago, he had said, "the only party that will uphold vegetarianism" in Mira-Bhayandar and the entire country.

However, this is not the first time that Maharaj has made the headlines for propagating vegetarianism.

During the BMC elections in February, Maharaj, who has a massive number of followers from all over the world, had dubbed the elections as a contest between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. He had announced that the candidates who promised to shut meat shops in the city during paryusha – an eight-day fast by Jains – will get the community's votes.

However, back then he had not openly supported any party.

No meat sale during paryusha

According to a Times of India report, Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, BJP's in-charge for the polls Shaina Nana Chudasama and other senior BJP leaders had met Maharaj a few days before the polls. The Jain Monk has claimed that Fadnavis had promised that no slaughter house will be functioning throughout the eight days of paryushan.

"A few of us, including the CM, met with Naypadmasagarji. We are a diverse society, and Jains expect cooperation during Paryushan. I don't think he is asking for too much," Shaina was quoted as saying by the TOI.

Maharaj told the Mumbai Mirror on Sunday that he was "certain" that most of the 30,000 Jain voters had voted for the BJP in the Mira-Bhayandar elections.

Here's why Maharaj supports BJP

1503321719_prime-minister-narendra-modi.jpg

Prime Minister Narendra Modi deliversPress Information Bureau

According to Maharaj, he was impressed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "vegetarian way of life", which is why he supported BJP.

"I'm not against any political party or religion. Look at PM Modi... he remains a steadfast vegetarian even when he travels abroad. CM Fadnavis met me a few days ago and promised that he will respect our demands. The talk between Fadnavis and me were very positive and that's the reason I have appealed my followers to vote for BJP," the monk said.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/mira-bhaya...ees-vote-bjp-create-vegetarian-society-739237

Exactly. Hindu monks must get politically active like Mullahs. See, how mullahs got active to keep muslim women enslaved after the Sharia Judgement. So what is wrong if we unite and vote to upheld our ethos such as non violence.

I do have problem with both.

But your hypocrisy is what amazes.

Was it not your lot who shouts at the top their voices when a "Shahi" Imam makes similar appeals.

Or is it more like "Tum karo toh chamatkar, hum kare toh balaatkar"

What Imams appeal? DO they appeal for Women right, Non violence or anything good? If it does than we will support them. But what they do? They issue fatwas which has no place in civil society.

Nothing wrong.
It's the monk prerogative to judge what is just for his community.
I am with this monk, i want a vegetarian society.
Don't eat non-vegetarian food yourself, wtf is a 'vegetarian society'? you are exhibiting fascist tendencies.
On topic - One of the biggest reasons I hate the current govt. is because of it's totalitarian tendencies. Will tolerate scamgress govt. but not a fasicst govt. dictating what i should eat. Personal liberty is paramount.

Exactly. Hindu monks must get politically active like Mullahs. See, how mullahs got active to keep muslim women enslaved after the Sharia Judgement. So what is wrong if we unite and vote to upheld our ethos such as non violence.

What Imams appeal? DO they appeal for Women right, Non violence or anything good? If it does than we will support them. But what they do? They issue fatwas which has no place in civil society.
Dude religion is a poison. What do you want to achieve by alienating muslims in India? All religions should be banned.
Non-violence? really?

This veggie fart don't know that majority of Indians loves to eat meat
chu log hain jo doosro ko dictate karte hain apne lifestyle choices and they don't lack brain-dead followers in India

chu log hain jo doosro ko dictate karte hain apne lifestyle choices and they don't lack brain-dead followers in India

They are brain dead because of eating too much Gobar hence such stupid veggie farts about what to eat and what not.

They are brain dead because of eating too much Gobar hence such stupid veggie farts about what to eat and what not.
Dekhen khaana jo bhi khayein log, it shouldn't matter unless they use the wrong orifice to fart.
I am all for vegetariansim as a personal choice. It is ecological and all, but veggie food to me tastes like ghaas, I wouldn't want to waste my money on ghass as a food choice. Prepared to kill to defend my personal liberty.

It divides people. So much of what is wrong today in the world can be attributed to religion. It hampers development. It is a neurological illness.
Why? WHat problem do you have with non violence?
no problem with the concept, just that
a. I don't think any religion has been non-violent
b. It's not a practical concept

Dekhen khaana jo bhi khayein log, it shouldn't matter unless they use the wrong orifice to fart.
I am all for vegetariansim as a personal choice. It is ecological and all, but veggie food to me tastes like ghaas, I wouldn't want to waste my money on ghass as a food choice. Prepared to kill to defend my personal liberty.

Well said, why don't you go to US, UK, Australia, Europe, Canada & even India, Take a Labrador puppy, cut it's head, distribute the meat and parade the head in the street, you know, like how the Congress people did in Kerala and see what happens.
I bet you would wish you have killed a cow instead of a dog.

Don't eat non-vegetarian food yourself, wtf is a 'vegetarian society'? you are exhibiting fascist tendencies.
On topic - One of the biggest reasons I hate the current govt. is because of it's totalitarian tendencies. Will tolerate scamgress govt. but not a fasicst govt. dictating what i should eat. Personal liberty is paramount.
Perhaps for you.
Not for those in the villages and the poor for whom a government honestly delivering a stable and growing economy and welfare funds which actually reach them.

Personal liberty laissez faire is a luxury for those whose belly is full and roofs are not thatched. Who were supposed to get rations but somebody siphoned them off.

And the value of your vote is the same as the one that poor people have. One of the reasons why BJP is continuing to win. And will win again in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom