What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

That's a very recent fashion, see old pictures from 1940s, chador-kameez was very normal dress in your part of the world. :smart:

It is not a recent fashion, the punjabi mulims who were living in cities were wearing Shalwar kameez since centuries . The Lacha kurta was the dress of mainly punjabi muslim villagers as far as I am told by elders in our area. Shalwar kameez is NOT new in punjab , it just got more common in the past 50 years because of massive urbanization of pakistani punjab.

the fagooty tang pajama that Indians wear is stuff of jokes and laughs in Pakistan

That pyjama is looser than the jeans you wear, anyway what about that elephant foot sized shalwar you wear in Pakistan. :laugh:

And from those nimaz,rozah,hajj and etc,Ghaffar Khan learnt to follow Gandhi Sahab as his leader,and in turn you are learning from Ghaffarist to stay away from Islamist(what is that?).

Association with gandhi was due to similar non-violence approach, i dont think gandhi was an evil man. If you can convince me that he was evil and bad man, then you welcome to do so

what you actually want to say by this mindless comment. :wacko: Do you want to deny Chador-kameez is not the original dress of Pakistani until obsession to copycat lucknowi Urdu and Nawabi culture came. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
what is chador kameez dumb **** twat?? its shalwar kameez that people of sothern punjab wears ... u are really high on cocoaina bro get a life and do something positive like helping ur mom in cooking instead of uttering BS on defence forum

what is chador kameez dumb **** twat?? its shalwar kameez that people of sothern punjab wears ... u are really high on cocoaina bro get a life and do something positive like helping ur mom in cooking instead of uttering BS on defence forum

I am talking about this kind of dress very common in Pakistan in 1940-50s. You can google and see old pictures of Pakistan from the same period. :smart:

pug-13.jpg

Such looks are very common in pakistani parts of punjab south of jammu. Ironically Jammu is more closer to Sialkot/Gujranwala than Lahore. I have watched Doordarshan Jammu from my childhood because the signals were quite strong in Gujranwala, Sialkot, Gujrat region. I have often said that from my point of view pakistani punjabis from these parts of punjab (Sialkot,Narowal, Gujranwala, Gujrat ) are more similar in looks to people of Jammu region than they are to indian sikh punjabis from Jalandhar or Ludhiana. There are even cultural symbols common too, the legend of non-muslim prince from Sialkot Puran Bhagat (2nd century A.D.) is quite famous in these regions as well as in Jammu , but not in rest of the punjab. A linguistic shift of "s" to "h" is also common both to punjabi (Gujranwala, Sialkot, Gujrat) and Dogri in Jammu. We tend to say Ahi instead of Asi, han instead of san, hi instead of si, ahan instead of asan, tuhan instead of tusan, tuhi instead of tusi for common punjabi words.

Qissa Puran bhagat sung by Alam lohar of Gujrat,

Bro i have heard qissa of Puran Bhaghat, quite famous in our area. But never knew it was only famous in our region of Punjab.

But your people wear dhoti, like hindus.

Like you also Sindhi Afghani :rolleyes:

Bro i have heard qissa of Puran Bhaghat, quite famous in our area. But never knew it was only famous in our region of Punjab.

Like you also Sindhi Afghani :rolleyes:

I say that origin of Qissa puran bhagat was in Sialkot. He was son of a king from Sialkot in 2nd century. Sialkot was the capital of northern punjab before Lahore.

It is not a recent fashion, the punjabi mulims who were living in cities were wearing Shalwar kameez since centuries . The Lacha kurta was the dress of mainly punjabi muslim villagers as far as I am told by elders in our area. Shalwar kameez is NOT new in punjab , it just got more common in the past 50 years because of massive urbanization of pakistani punjab.

I know people wore Shalwar-Kameez in Punjab during those days but chador-kameez was very normal in rural Pakistan.

Last edited:
I was talking about your dress and culture. Infact, many Pakistani try to pretend as some Mughalzada before outsiders while back in Pakistan you roam in chador-kameez and turban. :omghaha::omghaha:

and thats what I was saying to show real indian dresses, what you see out in the street.
and that is no shirt and dhoti while eating from a dump. dude dont go there you will be burned.

like we see some of afghani wearing dhotis whose origin are from sindh
Sindhis wear dhoti? I dont think so. Dhoti in pakistan is characteristic of punjabis. Dhoti looks weird on men but i must say lehanga of women is quite sinful dress

I say that origin of Qissa puran bhagat was in Sialkot. He was son of a king from Sialkot in 2nd century. Sialkot was the capital of northern punjab before Lahore.

Sakala(Sialkot) was the capital of Madra kingdom. Greeks called Sakala as Sagala.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom