What's new

Military's role in the identity of Pakistan

Well as far as industry is concerned, different types of industries have clustered in different cities. Like textiles in Faisalabad. Electric appliances in Gujranwala, Sports industry in Sialkot. Services in Lahore and Agro industry in regions of Multan.

oh now that you mention Multan, i have read that....... If it ever were to happen an Islam extremism to seize power, it would have to happen in Punjab (which is not at all likely to succeed) ..and if that were to happen in Punjab, it would have to start in Multan, a place where groups as LeT and JeM have some kind of support? since Punjab is the province more "anti-india" dating back since partition and the killings during it...

*this is why i am here asking... how much of that is true????

If you are going to write about the Chaudhry's in Punjab, then I advise to also include the role "Bradaris" play in almost all aspects of life. It is impossible to win elections in most rural areas without the support of any local bridari. Bridari can be best described as caste or "Tribe". It might be worth including, especially its importance in elections., family life etc. Of course this is less rigid as you move to urban areas.

oh now that you mention Multan, i have read that....... If it ever were to happen an Islam extremism to seize power, it would have to happen in Punjab (which is not at all likely to succeed) ..and if that were to happen in Punjab, it would have to start in Multan, a place where groups as LeT and JeM have some kind of support? since Punjab is the province more "anti-india" dating back since partition and the killings during it...

Muslim Extermists have't any chance of ever grabbing power in Pakistan because the People of Pakistan aren't extermist nor do they support Islamist Parties as evidenced by their terrible electoral performance in every single election; these TTP are such a nuisance not because they're likely to take-over Pakistan but because they're very....very difficult to find and kill in a Nation that is fast approaching the 200 million mark, has an extremely porous border with Afghanistan and because the TTP, allegedly, has foreign backers !

The day they fight an open-pitched battle is the day they'd be eliminated by our security forces with the utmost of ease !

Not Multan, but perhaps Jhang city is the most infested with those LeT/Jem cockroaches. And they have steadily been building a network of hundreds of extremist madrassahs, I'm pretty sure they have support in Southern Punjab., mainly due to poverty as its mostly ignored in terms of development etc.

Not Multan, but perhaps Jhang city is the most infested with those LeT/Jem cockroaches. And they have steadily been building a network of hundreds of extremist madrassahs, I'm pretty sure they have support in Southern Punjab., mainly due to poverty as its mostly ignored in terms of development etc.
Jhang city is peaceful city dude i dont know why are u anti jhang or punjab because lashkar e jhangvi is using jhangvi does not mean that people of jhang are extremists ...

If you are going to write about the Chaudhry's in Punjab, then I advise to also include the role "Bradaris" play in almost all aspects of life. It is impossible to win elections in most rural areas without the support of any local bridari. Bridari can be best described as caste or "Tribe". It might be worth including, especially its importance in elections., family life etc. Of course this is less rigid as you move to urban areas.

thank you... i had read about the importance of kinship ...and specially in rural areas! but
i never read or heard about Bradaris, so thanks for telling me...
i am making lists of things to research!
if you happen to remember now or later about some other names or things to include here! please do let me know!!

muchas gracias!

@Armstrong

what exactly is a "sneaky URL" because i wasnt allowed to post :(

Last edited:

That's exactly what i read
that due poverty in southern Punjab, there were more madrasas and then more prone to support those kind of groups

Jhang city is peaceful city dude i dont know why are u anti jhang or punjab because lashkar e jhangvi is using jhangvi does not mean that people of jhang are extremists ...

I get your point... not to generalize, specially the population...
but what is the fact exactly? do these groups get more support from southern than northern Punjab?

That's exactly what i read
that due poverty in southern Punjab, there were more madrasas and then more prone to support those kind of groups

I get your point... not to generalize, specially the population...
but what is the fact exactly? do these groups get more support from southern than northern Punjab?
these groups are now in waziristan and secondly some of our hostile neighbours are using the name of these groups to conduct terrorist operations in Pakistan i am from southern punjab people are more friendly and caring then any other part of the country and being anti indian then it is natural because most of them are the ones who lost their love ones during partition and the are obviously anti indian ... even i am a hardcore anti indian coz these fuckstards killed my grand grand father and m grand grand mother :/

Last edited:
:unsure: i thought every opinion has its value....
:( no one else is commenting :cray:

Sorry to say dear you are doing research, but fail to incorporate the classification of participants of your research, In the opening statement of this thread you say that your research is about 'Military's role in the identity of Pakistan', but u r welcoming comments from a Baharti, do you realized how biased these could be, it could lead you towards the blunder rather than judgmental error in your research. Hope you would not mind, its my first post in your thread but its a sort of :mad: ......

If you could ask some specific questions it would be easy for participants to reply .....

Sorry to say dear you are doing research, but fail to incorporate the classification of participants of your research, In the opening statement of this thread you say that your research is about 'Military's role in the identity of Pakistan', but u r welcoming comments from a Baharti, do you realized how biased these could be, it could lead you towards the blunder rather than judgmental error in your research. Hope you would not mind, its my first post in your thread but its a sort of :mad: ......

If you could ask some specific questions it would be easy for participants to reply .....

What is a Baharti? an Indian?

Well, yea i gues... the problem is that i dont really have specific questions.... but i guess you're right when you bold my topic...
it means i should focus more of Punjab's participation in Armed forces rather than explaining socio-cultural Punjab (¿?)

thanks for telling!

The thread seems to be classify Punjabi's as extremists.

oh oh... that was not my intention...

I have understood that yes, there is punjabi "dominance" but it's not coming because "desire of power" or something like this, but because more than 50% of total population of Pakistan is punjabi... so obviously they get more seats in Assembly, more resources...etc

oh oh... that was not my intention...

I have understood that yes, there is punjabi "dominance" but it's not coming because "desire of power" or something like this, but because there more than 50% of population is punjabi... so obviously they get more seats in Assembly, more resources...etc

Well it sure looks that way.

If you want to really "study" Pakistan, then only ask Pakistani's, not any one else.

these groups are now in waziristan and secondly some of our hostile neighbours are using the name of these groups to conduct terrorist operations in Pakistan i am from southern punjab people are more friendly and caring then any other part of the country and being anti indian then it is natural because most of them are the ones who lost their love ones during partition and the are obviously anti indian ... even i am a hardcore anti indian coz these fuckstards killed my grand grand father and m grand grand mother :/

Hostile neighbors conduct terrorist operations in Pakistan and then put the blame on those groups? or like they support those groups to desestabilice

Back
Top Bottom