What's new

Military Aviation Modelling : JF-17

broncho and trumpeter have produced jft models-- trumpeter build quality is better -- people buy both and swap the things which they find better in the other model -- certain decals and details can be bought separately

Pakistan Air Force JF-17 Thunder (Plastic model) Trumpeter 1/72

Here is one link I found, but parts are plastic and quality doesn't look too good, or is every model like this made of plastic? I wouldn't be getting those panel screw details with this though IMO, or are those painted on ourselves?

How is this company Trumpeter anyways? @Safriz...

I see their model planes and other military midels in hobby shops.
for the price they are good.
a jf-17 1/72 scale model costs only 6 quid ....so that's excellent price.
you can get models in metal or better plastic but you pay more for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen people buying these models and then they paint them in their army or airforce colours.....in detail.
that way more value is added to the model and it fan be either kept or sold for profit.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, really nice model.

I see their model planes and other military midels in hobby shops.
for the price they are good.
a jf-17 1/72 scale model costs only 6 quid ....so that's excellent price.
you can get models in metal or better plastic but you pay more for that.

This is around a 100 dirhams, so seems good. But I was kind of looking for more detail with all those rivets sort of visible and it should be od metal. Prep painted would have been better but we'll see about that later...

What do you reckon is the price of a 1/72 JFT metal model...not too top notch but decent. You think it would come around 300 dirhams which is around 75 dollars I guess.?

There is a shop in stoke on Trent ..they are the main dealers of this company making JF 17 scale models.
I will try and find out what variants they got.

There is a shop in stoke on Trent ..they are the main dealers of this company making JF 17 scale models.
I will try and find out what variants they got.

Please do, metal and plastic.

A quick search reveals that trumpeter is the leader in this stuff. So I guess these pre moulds would be good.

As for the painting, I am guessing two options are there, one is to use simple stickers, they won't give serial number though would they? (Unless supplied with model), other option is to spray paint with a stensil or get a paint shop to do it.

buy an easy model first, learn how to glue different parts while keeping balance/centre of gravity / clean edges / no glue residues on the model---- then learn different grades of paint, and delivery systems, then learn how to glue decals at the end---- it will take you several kits.. youtube videos can help

tam87012.jpg

buy an easy model first, learn how to glue different parts while keeping balance/centre of gravity / clean edges / no glue residues on the model---- then learn different grades of paint, and delivery systems, then learn how to glue decals at the end---- it will take you several kits.. youtube videos can help

GLue?

Aren't they screw or fix in models?

I am looking for a basic type model, but bauhaut hi low quality na ho na.

You think the one I mentioned in a link is okay? What about the company? 100 dirhams seems pretty reasonable.

Can any one plz tell me that from where can i buy the models of jft and f-16 blk 52 in lahore...
I want to buy aircraft models as I have fallen in love with models... Plz guide me about prices too....
Thanx in advance....

After some searching on the net, I have come across two companies which have been frequently mentioned, Hasigawa and Trumpeter.

Trumpeter seems a bit less detailed than Hasigawa and a bit more cheap as well, so I think they would be better suited for a intermediate like me.

What do you guys suggest, order online or go and search in the market? I dn't think there are many hobby shops in UAE.

Secondly, decals seem to be no problem as they are available with the kit, but the body paint seems to a area of concern.
@ANTIBODY, @Safriz, what do you guys suggest? Buy it online from Trumpeter?

Finally bought a model. Trumpeter 1/72. 1/42 was unavailable...so got the 1/72, didn't think that it would be this small.

Progress is good though, got the plane completed. Only the lights, missiles and smaller details left.

Missiles seem very pesky to make, very small and fiddly. I think I am gonna pass them, got the fuel tanks and the wingtip PL-5 made though.

Cockpit was also very small, had some trouble with that, kind of screwed up the cockpit stickers and markings.

The paint is left also. I am wondering whether to leave it like this (the plane is grey) and use the supplied stickers or give it to some paint shop for the paint.

All in all, I am sort of satisfied. The final finish is very decent, considering this is my first time, I'll give it a 7.5. No overflowing glue and all, at least on the whole:D.

I haven't used all of the supplied parts, like those little antennas etc.

Now I have used some glue on the MLG and left the plane upside down to wait for the glue to dry. The right MLG is giving me some trouble since it is not standing up right and is becoming slanted. So working on it.

As I said, I am going to paint the lights red and green and fix it, then going to paint the tyres black, then the smaller antennas etc.
@ANTIBODY.

the first planes are difficult in terms of finishing and balance

if you are planning to make several models, make them all on same scale

BTW, I have got swollen fingers now after using scissors the whole day.

What do you folks use to cut the pieces and fine tune the joints?

I have a file for smoothing the surface, but a scissor does a good job as well.

I have got a second model of a helicopter.

Back
Top Bottom