What's new

Military Analysis: Face Bangladesh Army At Your Own Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to start off with the writer does not clearly explain why it's "defender's paradise". However, the fact of the matter it is that it is true. Bengal as a land is indeed a paradise for defenders. It is kind of like a tropical version of the infamous Russian winter, but all year around and I'll explain why.

To start off with, Bangladesh's military is not as formidable as India or Pakistan's, but its progressing, not to mention the fact that Bangladesh was not military focused like its neighbours. However, like the other post-British militaries in the subcontinent, the army is based on a strict form of discipline that a lot of other armies lack.

But, our might does not lie in our military, but rather in our geography, as well as population. Being such a low lying nation with numerous rivers and canals means its harder for invading troops to deal with. Many types of heavier military vehicles such as a variety of tanks cannot navigate the terrain of Bangladesh, all year round. Especially during the monsoons, it would be quite hard to do so.

Also, our massive population, so densely packed and quite homogeneous, can serve as a deterrent to invaders. An invading army, soon as it lands, will face thousands and thousands of Bengali patriots every inch of the land they cross. They would not just have to fight the conventional military but the people as well. Also, the Bengalis, as a nation, are a quite proud and rebellious group even gaining the name "Bulgakpur" or "the land of the rebels" from groups such as Mughals, so even if the nation is succumbed which is quite unlikely in itself, will face rebellions, protests and general non-cooperation every second, minute and hour. Thus, an invading force can't really hold off the land quite so well.

Consequently, however, as a friendly nation of friendly people, the majority of us don't have any enemies, nor do a lot of people hate us. We are surrounded by India for most of our borders, and India-Bangladesh are de-facto key allies. I guess you could call Myanmar a hostile nation, but then again, what threat do they pose to us? They have hundreds of rebels groups in their nation, and their own territory they can't control, a smaller economy than us, as well as a much smaller population :lol:

You keep returning like a bad rash. Your a pathetic troll.
But, you are keeping yourself busy by answering his troll posts one after another. This is what he desires people to do. Better not to answering him at all.

But, you are keeping yourself busy by answering his troll posts one after another. This is what he desires people to do. Better not to answering him at all.

He usually pisses me off with his posts but I don't reply. I felt the need to say something today.

1) India should not mess with a small BD. If BD plays neutral in a possible India-Pak war, then India can move away all its troops from the eastern front to the west to mobilize against Pakistan. India may win in that scenario.

2) If the tiny BD looks the other way and allows Indian troops and logistics to amass and pass through Siliguri corridor, India may successfully counter a Chinese offensive. A non-neutral and non-complying BD will cause India to lose such a war with the result of annexation of Arunachal by China. Other regions of NE may find it easier to break the Indian shackles at ease.

So, I expect India to pour on more and more sweetener in BD coffee cup and talk amicably with us. This is what is happening throughout the period after 1975. India lives in an infirm and precarious geography. It is a giant with its clay feet permanently in tangle with BD mercy.

Last edited:
BD can actually order warships to Indian manufacturers. And can purchase Radars, LCA, Helis, etc., a lot range of weapons from India. If BD wants to spend money on weapons then they should buy it from India. India needs export orders.

i think the article is over rated

we will be better and prepared after 2021 not now what we have

So here we go another supa pawa, supa pawa kangladesh, :rofl:, bc internet mil gya to kuch bhi post karo ge??, bangladesh army is not even a real army, just a rag tag security force, bc 600 tanks se ama ka ghar defend karo ge, 170 obselete aircraft se kabotar ka bara defend karo ge, pdf mods take note, threads like these are seriously undermining the seriousness of this forum.
BD army do not need judgement from u bloodsucker.Don't underestimate BD army, we all know what is the ability of our arm forces. i think u forgot the past........

BD army do not need judgement from u bloodsucker.Don't underestimate BD army, we all know what is the ability of our arm forces. i think u forgot the past........

Forget about their past and look at their current situation.Indian soldiers killed by rebels,border guards starved and what not.

If you believe in the success of Indian blockade of our ports, then do it before it is already 2021. By that time, BN will be inducting another five submarines.

You mean these things?

upload_2017-1-29_12-31-0.png

Our Submarine Museum looks more modern than that!

Vizag-Beach-Road-001-e1429681190396.jpg

And good luck hiding these rust buckets from this bad boy.

2172241.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom