What's new

Mike Tyson, Amir Khan likely to attend Islamabad event: PBF

This comment is a bit unfair.

Yes, he was jailed for rape but you have to really know his life story to find out what happened with him in the life before that event took place. He had very disturbed and difficult childhood and upbringing. He had no one in his life that could comfort him or he could trust. He finally developed a father son like relationship with his boxing mentor but the guy died. Mike Tyson was very very mentally upset after his death and lost a fight (probably in Japan) which was unthinkable at that time. This was the background when the rape happened.

Before anyone starts jumping up and down, I am not justifying rape.

He could have been the biggest star after Ali but did not have a stable character or life.

He categorically denied the rape charges, right from the begining. I believe him. All the Jury saw was an angry, strong Black man and probably decided that he was guilty before the trial even started. Besides, it was in prison that Mike Tyson became a Muslim and changed the way he conducted himself immensely.

cute_baby_face1.jpg

ako ako :rofl:
Awwwww What a cute baby :smitten:

This comment is a bit unfair.

Yes, he was jailed for rape but you have to really know his life story to find out what happened with him in the life before that event took place. He had very disturbed and difficult childhood and upbringing. He had no one in his life that could comfort him or he could trust. He finally developed a father son like relationship with his boxing mentor but the guy died. Mike Tyson was very very mentally upset after his death and lost a fight (probably in Japan) which was unthinkable at that time. This was the background when the rape happened.

Before anyone starts jumping up and down, I am not justifying rape.

He could have been the biggest star after Ali but did not have a stable character or life.

he lost to james buster douglas if my memory serves me right. i saw all of his championship fights. the moment he entered that ring i told my friend this is not mike tyson that we know. it was a bad night for him, i liked his fight very much

i heard james was muslim but not confirmed, friend told me he did sajda when he won in a fight and prayed ( dua ) like us

during that same period there were rape charges against a fellow from kennedy family ( his name maybe william ) nothing happened to him while this guys was charged and sentenced.

btw, mohammad ali was in sarek games in pakistan 1989 or 88 help in the year it was ppp govt.

TARIQ

He categorically denied the rape charges, right from the begining. I believe him. All the Jury saw was an angry, strong Black man and probably decided that he was guilty before the trial even started. Besides, it was in prison that Mike Tyson became a Muslim and changed the way he conducted himself immensely.

Black Boxers have always been targetted by white people , white people could not bare to be beaten by a Black hence black boxers have always been framed in one way or another.

Very famous black boxer was Jack Johnson who beat James J Jefferies 'The Great White Hope' :

Jack Johnson vs James J. Jeffries (1909) - YouTube

johnson_jeffries_boxing_fullsize.jpg

Not only did he punch down many whites but also did a lot a white women .. he was even sent to jail for being with a white woman

Jack-Johnson-with-Wife-Ir-001.jpg

International Boxers ‘at home’ in Pakistan

51DhuuBGy4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pugilists from different countries are enjoying the joint training camp set up by the Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF) at the Pakistan Sports Complex for the preparation of the second Benazir Bhutto Boxing Championship starting from December 20-30.

Talking to APP on Thursday, boxers and officials from Kenya, Nepal and Sri Lanka expressed delight at being a part of the joint training camp as some of them have visited Pakistan for the first time.

“Being in Pakistan is a great honour for me. I am confident of our chances in the event and we are working hard to get gold medals,” Kenyan coach Patrick Maiwa, who has been here with ten boxers and four officials said.

Maiwa said that he and his team were enjoying every bit of their stay in Pakistan but said the weather was a bit cold.

“Pakistani people are very friendly and loving. I am feeling like I am at home,” he said.

Nepal’s manager, Kiran Sarista, said that he is completely satisfied with the arrangements.

“Our seven boxers are participating in the championship and have come to Islamabad for the first time. My family was concerned about me when I was coming to Pakistan but after coming here I felt much secured,” he said. Sarista also said that his team is aiming for two to three gold medals.

Abdul Aziz, captain of the Kenyan team said that the training camp was proving to be a learing experience for him.

“The joint training camp has proved really fruitful for me as I have learned a lot.”

He added that the whole team was enjoying Pakistani food as well.

Pakistan’s star boxer Mohammad Wasim agreed with Aziz and said he was focusing on the event in order to do well.

“In the camp we come to know strengths and weaknesses of other boxers and I am focusing hard to end up at a decent place in the event,” he said.

International boxers ‘at home’ in Pakistan | Sport | DAWN.COM

Amir Khan arrives for Benazir International Boxing | Sport | DAWN.COM

KARACHI: World-famous boxer Amir Khan arrived in Islamabad on Monday on the invitation of the Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF) to attend the Benazir International Boxing Championship.

Speaking to the media at the airport, Khan said he was glad to see Pakistan boxing progressing.

“Pakistan has a lot of talent and it can get better if proper attention is given to the sport in the country,” he said.

Khan also said he will be visiting his ancestral village in Rawalpindi with his family.

The Benazir International Boxing Championship is taking place in Islamabad from December 22-29 with 16 teams participating.

Amir-Khan.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom