What's new

MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot ejects safely

SR-91

Reaction score
Country
India
Jaipur: A MiG-21 aircraft belonging to the Indian Air Force today crashed in Rajasthan's Barmer district, with the pilot ejecting safely.

The plane crashed near Sodiyar village at 9 AM and the pilot ejected safely, Defence spokesperson S D Goswami told PTI.

He said the aircraft took off from the Uttarlai Airbase in the western sector and was on a routine sortie.

It crashed 40 km off Barmer, he said.

A rescue mission was immediately launched from Jodhpur airbase, he said.

A Court of Inquiry has been ordered by the Air Force to ascertain the cause of the crash.

Thank God,Pilot ejected safely.
IAF please stop putting our fine pilots in harms way.We are not at war,stop the madness,stop flying MIG 21's.

MiG-21 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot ejects safely | NDTV.com

very good, let MiG21 retire this way.. :P

A$$hole MoFo IAF and Politicians, they are happy with MiG21 Accident but unwilling to induct LCA...

I will put entire MiG21 in Def-Min rear..

very good, let MiG21 retire this way.. :P

A$$hole MoFo IAF and Politicians, they are happy with MiG21 Accident but unwilling to induct LCA...

I will put entire MiG21 in Def-Min rear..

Is LCA ready? Does it have FOC ?

migs are getting too older thats y crash rate increases....iaf shud crap these out...

Good news is that pilot is safe........Mig-21s are being replaced guys...hold on it will take some time(4-5 years) before they replace all of it as they were great in numbers.

Serious question.

Why is India's aircraft loss rate seemingly higher than any other air force especially with its Mig-21s?

Serious question.

Why is India's aircraft loss rate seemingly higher than any other air force especially with its Mig-21s?

because our Mig-21s have become obsolate and 50 year old aircrafts

because our Mig-21s have become obsolate and 50 year old aircrafts

Indeed, however, India seems to be losing them at a much faster rate than air forces that still operate them.Other air forces only lose about one a year in the air. Is it just my perception or is there a problem in maintenance or logistics within the IAF.

lol funny pilots are always safe though good news

Question is . Will LCA provide 10% commission, Will LCA provide prostitutes to high level dalals.. If yes then it is ready, else F22 will also not ready..

IAF will reject F22 stating , Its not good plane unless the manufacturar provide kick-back..

rightly said they need prostitutes which get millions from our hard work money and i am still bachelor.

Back
Top Bottom