What's new

MFN-status to India not on table | Pakistan FM

bitte truth

A muslim being minority can never ever be a true patriotic.exceptional cases does exist.but majority matters.

Muslims in india are enough weaker now and outnumbered.but still there are people like akbar owaisi with thousand of supporters

let them reach atleast 30% of your population.than i will ask you guys tell us about the secular indian muslim

so that means indian army/police will have to kill them :sick:
btw,thanks for clearing my doubt..
now i know why muslims have high fertility rates.. (i what you say is true,i doubt education will help)..
and also the reason why,minority treatment in every muslim country is first class..and they are given special rights..

Can't the pipeline be re-routed to China instead of India?

We are currently the largest energy consumer in the world, far surpassing India.

We already do have a pipeline to Turkmenistan through Central Asia, but having 2 pipelines will be useful in improving the stability of supply, and is certainly better than having India benefiting from such a pipeline.

India was supposed to be cut off from Central Asia after Pakistan reclaimed GB, which was one of the biggest strategic blows to India.

TAPI will be counter-productive to that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bitte truth

A muslim being minority can never ever be a true patriotic.exceptional cases does exist.but majority matters.

Muslims in india are enough weaker now and outnumbered.but still there are people like akbar owaisi with thousand of supporters

let them reach atleast 30% of your population.than i will ask you guys tell us about the secular indian muslim

and also that islamophobia is justified... :tup:

yaar,i think he is right about the G-B part..

You already are getting a pipe from C.Asia. You will get two pipes from us, both gas and oil from Iran and Middle east.

I will be DEEPLY pisssed off if either of them end up in India. Starving India of energy security has to be the cornerstone of our India containment strategy.

Prepare to be pissed off. ;)

Getting too big for one's boots has not been something that has worked for you in the past as well.

Buyer is stronger than the supplier. Turkmenistan didn't agree to deal on a condition of extending the pipe to India.

You are neither the buyer nor the supplier, just a middleman.

You will get your dollars on the table after the act is done. That is about your role in the whole affair. ;)

Seriously mods here think that they can deny India of ' Energy security ' :lol:

More than "mods", "here" is the key here. ;)

People mistake their flights of fantasy and hatred (and sometimes inadequacies) for "strategy". This malice goes up to the very top in the country, not just small fries.

A direct pipeline from Iran would be the dream.

India has no land link to Central Asia, so their only options are Chabahar port and TAPI. China is currently trying to wrest influence of Chabahar from India, and considering our cash reserves, we can out-bid India easily. Plus we buy considerably more oil from Iran, so India is in real danger of losing Chabahar port to our influence.

Central Asia is not only one of the most resource-rich regions in the world, it has also been called the "geostrategic pivot of history". Any aspiring great power needs to have influence there.

If we can lock India off from Central Asia then it will put a huge road-block in front of their regional aspirations.

Or TAPI if completed, could be used as a choke-point where Pakistan could squeeze India.

You can be squeezed in many places, the pirate ridden Mallacca straits being the easiest of them.

Geography has checkmated you, nothing you can do about it.

Though I personally prefer co-operation, I know you have heard those stories from childhood about there being far more people than land etc. and that forms a core part of the psychology of many of you people.

I find the idea of Pakistan trying to contain India a little far fetched, but its a forum and its ok to share ones beliefs and aspirations I guess. In real terms though, it looks like the traditional bitterness and cussedness than any kind of viable strategy, almost a fear that a cooperation with India threatens the raison d'etre of pakistan's existence.

This weird complex has made pakistan vulnerable in its dealings with other stronger nations like america and saudi in the past, and who knows who else in future :)

I find the idea of Pakistan trying to contain India a little far fetched, but its a forum and its ok to share ones beliefs and aspirations I guess. In real terms though, it looks like the traditional bitterness and cussedness than any kind of viable strategy, almost a fear that a cooperation with India threatens the raison d'etre of pakistan's existence.

This weird complex has made pakistan vulnerable in its dealings with other stronger nations like america and saudi in the past, and who knows who else in future :)

That is the understatement of the century!

It has made Pakistan a client state of these countries (and now of China as well).

Pakistan has had to sell itself cheap because of these "aspirations" (actually it is nothing but phobia).

That is the understatement of the century!

It has made Pakistan a client state of these countries (and now of China as well).

Pakistan has had to sell itself cheap because of these "aspirations" (actually it is nothing but phobia).

As early as in the 50s CIA planes were taking off from Peshawar, and as early as the 60s Pakistanis were hosting Indian north east rebel-bahinis and chinese agents meets in East Pakistan.

The rest as they say, is history.

As early as in the 50s CIA planes were taking off from Peshawar, and as early as the 60s Pakistanis were hosting Indian north east rebel-bahinis and chinese agents meets in East Pakistan.

The rest as they say, is history.

The first PM of Pakistan spent 3 months in USA after being sworn in!

This is what Mr. Jinnah thought of this:

What plans did he have for the industrial development of the country? Did he hope to enlist technical or financial assistance from America?

"America needs Pakistan more than Pakistan needs America," was Jinnah's reply. "Pakistan is the pivot of the world, as we are placed" -- he revolved his long forefinger in bony circles -- "the frontier on which the future position of the world revolves." He leaned toward me, dropping his voice to a confidential note. "Russia," confided Mr. Jinnah, "is not so very far away."

This had a familiar ring. In Jinnah's mind this brave new nation had no other claim on American friendship than this - that across a wild tumble of roadless mountain ranges lay the land of the BoIsheviks. I wondered whether the Quaid-i-Azam considered his new state only as an armored buffer between opposing major powers. He was stressing America's military interest in other parts of the world. "America is now awakened," he said with a satisfied smile. Since the United States was now bolstering up Greece and Turkey, she should be much more interested in pouring money and arms into Pakistan. "If Russia walks in here," he concluded, "the whole world is menaced."

In the weeks to come I was to hear the Quaid-i-Azam's thesis echoed by government officials throughout Pakistan. "Surely America will build up our army," they would say to me. "Surely America will give us loans to keep Russia from walking in." But when I asked whether there were any signs of Russian infiltration, they would reply almost sadly, as though sorry not to be able to make more of the argument. "No, Russia has shown no signs of being interested in Pakistan."

This hope of tapping the U. S. Treasury was voiced so persistently that one wondered whether the purpose was to bolster the world against Bolshevism or to bolster Pakistan's own uncertain position as a new political entity. Actually, I think, it was more nearly related to the even more significant bankruptcy of ideas in the new Muslim state -- a nation drawing its spurious warmth from the embers of an antique religious fanaticism, fanned into a new blaze.

Jinnah's most frequently used technique in the struggle for his new nation had been the playing of opponent against opponent. Evidently this technique was now to be extended into foreign policy. ....

IREF

Evidently, nothing has changed after all these decades. ;)

A direct pipeline from Iran would be the dream.

and considering our cash reserves, we can out-bid India easily. Plus we buy considerably

If the cash reserves are the only sole criteria of controlling stakes then since last many decades up till today US would have taken all these sorts of ports you are bragging about

the hatred for India Fromm you is understandable but not your ignorance about how the diplomatic n strategic relations between countries works ( In this case Iran - India), If your cash reserves were so tempting for Iran then why they didn't they alloted you chabahar port before India, clear height of day dreaming n fantasy of Arabian tales :P

[Bregs];4717195 said:
If the cash reserves are the only sole criteria of controlling stakes then since last many decades up till today US would have taken all these sorts of ports you are bragging about

the hatred for India Fromm you is understandable but not your ignorance about how the diplomatic n strategic relations between countries works ( In this case Iran - India), If your cash reserves were so tempting for Iran then why they didn't they alloted you chabahar port before India, clear height of day dreaming n fantasy of Arabian tales :P

I have a much simpler explanation for this but let's not get there for now. ;)

[Bregs];4717195 said:

is that you in your avatar?? :P

[Bregs];4717195 said:

You are addressing a troll!

is that you in your avatar?? :P

It seems to me.... that's R D Burman.... :D

Pakistan doesn't need TAPI to begin with, we can easily fulfill our demands through IP. However, it will be viable as we may just hook it up to China, along the way.

If China is the final destination, then there need not be a P in TAPI.. The it would be a TATC or TUTC

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom