What's new

MFN status for India on the cards: Pakistan daily

How does this benefit Pakistan? or India?

I think it is a win-win for both?
yes ... but its 60-40:P
So from now on India will be the most favoured nation for Pakistan!! What an irony!! :P
Whats the irony here??? India was always "MFN" for Pakistan.:devil:
I see so many Pakistanis here actively participating and posting threads on Indian politics...that just proves me right.:-)

@Armstrong Am I wrong???

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

not able to post full source due to pdf restrictions..:hitwall:

Last edited:
yes ... but its 60-40:P

Whats the irony here??? India was always "MFN" for Pakistan.:devil:
I see so many Pakistanis here actively participating and posting threads on Indian politics...that just proves me right.:-)

@Armstrong Am I wrong???

Without the Non-Tarrif barriers going down from your end the MFN is little more than a 3 letter term ! :)

You could've given it to us in '47 & it still wouldn't make any difference ! :unsure:

Remove the Barriers or else the very purpose of 'Free Trade' as enunciated by the MFN Status is invalidated ! :(

if granted MFN status it shall lead to more and more trade,more people to people contact and business people on either side will exert their influence with the politicians to normalize govt to govt relations . No wonder that the pak army,ISI and hafees said are dead against MFN status to India

Hoohooohooo ! :coffee:
You know what 'free trade' is & why the MFN was conceived to beginwith !
True I dont understand much just a lil bit about MFN.
But from what I know somewhere in 2004 SAARC members Pak and India had signed the SAFTA at Islamabad to scale down tariffs in 2 phases.And this would be implemented within dec 2015.
And then there are issues like quality Control measures in Pakistan not too stringent which effects NTB.
I dont know too much about the trades but for sure your textile industry is far superior than ours.And this should be an upbeat news for them.Even here I have seen ppl searching for Pakistani material during DSF.
But bad news for your chemical industry as your anti-dumping laws was quite weak. Lol.
Thats all I know and understand about this subject...I was trolling here (I havent even spared your Admin....so what are you lil cockroach??)

Btw I havent read that news on any newspaper here...god knows why they skipped such an important news??:)

Now go on give me some gyaan I am all ears.:D

And take a look at this...those topics will tell you that both the countries are equally gulity in taking knee jerk reactions in suspending trade and putting tough retaliatory measures....you can not just point a finger at India.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Expected development

However, there will be a political tamasha about this issue in Pakistan, be sure about this.

True I dont understand much just a lil bit about MFN.
But from what I know somewhere in 2004 SAARC members Pak and India had signed the SAFTA at Islamabad to scale down tariffs in 2 phases.And this would be implemented within dec 2015.
And then there are issues like quality Control measures in Pakistan not too stringent which effects NTB.
I dont know too much about the trades but for sure your textile industry is far superior than ours.And this should be an upbeat news for them.Even here I have seen ppl searching for Pakistani material during DSF.
But bad news for your chemical industry as your anti-dumping laws was quite weak. Lol.
Thats all I know and understand about this subject...I was trolling here (I havent even spared your Admin....so what are you lil cockroach??)

Btw I havent read that news on any newspaper here...god knows why they skipped such an important news??:)

Now go on give me some gyaan I am all ears.:D

And take a look at this...those topics will tell you that both the countries are equally gulity in taking knee jerk reactions in suspending trade and putting tough retaliatory measures....you can not just point a finger at India.
View attachment 14565

Ma'am - that sounds too formal ! :unsure:

Mohtarma - that sounds even more formal ! :undecided:

Huzoor - thats about right ! :agree:

So, huzoor no one in Pakistan is fearful of trading with India because whatever the Chinese haven't managed to run out of business due to them being the Cost Leader of the world or the rest of the world hasn't due to higher quality & branding, our looming power crises has !

Which means the Industries that remain are competitive enough to compete anyone....literally anyone out there & that, in a way, comes from the horse's mouth (I never could understand this proverb) because the 2-3 Textile Industries I audited here in Lahore were rearing to have a go at the Indian Market !

What all of them including almost anyone who has ever traded with India, including a relative of mine, were unanimous in their demand that trade should be on the basis of 'fair-play' which means protectionistic measures in the form of non-tariff barriers should be done away with because otherwise they - the Indian Businessmen - are going to have open access to the Pakistani Market for ours is by far the freest in the region & considerably free when compared with the rest of the world (there was even a Report published by some International Organization, circulating in the news, to that effect, recently) whilst for us - the Pakistani Businessmen - the access wouldn't be there because we'd again be bogged down by these non-tariff barriers; therefore our reluctance to grant India the MFN status is because of that !

If there is some movement there....there would be some movement here ! :)

As for the Chemical Industry - I dunno I don't know anyone working there but I've heard talk of opportunities of cheaper Chemicals being imported from India by people working in other industries - So that would be good for the both of us ! :agree:

And you called me a Lil Cockroach again ! :mad:

Ma'am - that sounds too formal ! :unsure:

Mohtarma - that sounds even more formal ! :undecided:

Huzoor - thats about right ! :agree:
Huzoor is for a man.
You Amerikaan!!!

Armstrong said:
So, huzoor no one in Pakistan is fearful of trading with India because whatever the Chinese haven't managed to run out of business due to them being the Cost Leader of the world or the rest of the world hasn't due to higher quality & branding, our looming power crises has !

Which means the Industries that remain are competitive enough to compete anyone....literally anyone out there & that, in a way, comes from the horse's mouth (I never could understand this proverb) because the 2-3 Textile Industries I audited here in Lahore were rearing to have a go at the Indian Market !

What all of them including almost anyone who has ever traded with India, including a relative of mine, were unanimous in their demand that trade should be on the basis of 'fair-play' which means protectionistic measures in the form of non-tariff barriers should be done away with because otherwise they - the Indian Businessmen - are going to have open access to the Pakistani Market for ours is by far the freest in the region & considerably free when compared with the rest of the world (there was even a Report published by some International Organization, circulating in the news, to that effect, recently) whilst for us - the Pakistani Businessmen - the access wouldn't be there because we'd again be bogged down by these non-tariff barriers; therefore our reluctance to grant India the MFN status is because of that !

If there is some movement there....there would be some movement here ! :)

As for the Chemical Industry - I dunno I don't know anyone working there but I've heard talk of opportunities of cheaper Chemicals being imported from India by people working in other industries - So that would be good for the both of us ! :agree:
Hmmmm....
How can you forget the long positive list of Indian goods that Pakistan was holding on to for sooo long???hmm??
And because of that list previously you could import just 2000items.But now it'll be tripled almost 6800.Do you see the difference??
This is a significant change whereby 85 percent of tradable goods can be procured from India compared to 25 percent previously.
And I think you should be more vigilant in the chemical imports, low prices can guarantee a dubious product.Didn't I tell you that your anti dumping laws are weak?? :)
You know what?Pakistan has not taken advantage of its strategic location between two most populous and high performance economies ...China and India.
You were right that with the signing of the Free Trade agreement with China, Pakistani markets and producers have already adjusted to relatively cheaper imports from China. They do no longer consider the threat of Indian products flooding Pakistani markets and displacing domestic industries. Thats a good sign.
Another sector with ominous prospects is agriculture. Your agriculture sector would be concerned about many kinds of hidden and implicit subsidies granted by several StateGovernments in India.And we still have a "super basmati" case..challenged by Pakistani exporters ...which remains unsettled. :)

Armstrong said:
And you called me a Lil Cockroach again ! :mad:
Errr I am so used to it now....its like your pet name now :D

Lets examine Most Friendly status notion

a) Pakistanis not allowed to visit multiple cities unless visa is obtained , you are restricted to city
b) Visa is needed and many are denied
c) Cricketers are harassed by fat chicks who say they married him on phone
d) IPL denial to Pakistani cricketers , ambassadors of good will
e) Denial of entry to Hockey team in tournament , again ambassadors of sport
f) No export of Locomotives when Pakistan needed to buy some
g) Attack on Srilankan Team most likely by Indian commandos

So there is no reason for MFN status

Most Friendly Nation , in items listed above their is lack of the Friendly part

Back
Top Bottom