What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

image.jpg
image.jpg

Orange line Metro Route

Do you expect to be taken seriously? Just read your earlier post, then read the above post of yours and then think about various logical inconsistencies.

I can not dignify your post with a response other than this. You have been here a while. Might as well act like it.
Maybe pointing out whats on your mind would be helpful than talking like this^^

Atleast they should fund the 23Billion PKR Metro bus system for peshawar from the federal budget.

With this much money,They can fund the metro bus in almost 5-6 cities.Once the metro bus was introduced into the top 10 major cities of Pakistan.They should have moved to Metro train but starting from karachi,since in karachi it is needed the most.

You mean Metro Train.

Yes Metro Train

faggots destroying and developing lahore.. instead they should build new cities, lakin nahi... akal tou in butto ko cho ker nahi guzri...

also federal fatty guy is neglecting Karachi, as if its not under his governance..
if he had thought of these projects before expansion of Lahore, I might have approed..

build new cities??? those who are already living in lahore what about them???

Ager metro train banani hi thii (which i think is a good decision) to metro buss per paisa kiun barbaad huwa?
Metro bus and paisa 'barbad'? Says who? Certainly not the ones using it. Perhaps you think that train will replace bus? That would not happen for a long time yet. Check your facts.

Maybe pointing out whats on your mind would be helpful than talking like this^^
I've already done that. I merely wish you would check your posts for factual correctness and logical consistency.

Last edited:
I've already done that. I merely wish you would check your posts for factual correctness and logical consistency.
And I seriously hope being a TT did not make you above pointing out what your brain registered from what I wrote!

And I seriously hope being a TT did not make you above pointing out what your brain registered from what I wrote!
1. My friend you quoted rafael's post, which suggested that metro bus was a waste of money when metro train was to be introduced - suggesting that train would replace bus. This seemingly faulty assumption was supported by an emotional and derogatory comment from you, suggesting that you agreed with his faulty assumption.

2. Upon my questioning your post, you continued with a modified line, again saying that you thought the planning was a mess. This suggested confusion on your part. The change in line of reasoning also showed a logical inconsistency which was further reinforced by the rest of your post.

3. You will prbably claim that you were misunderstood. You really need to reread your post (#20) that started this exchange.

4. My post has nothing to do with TT or anything like that.

Last edited:
1. My friend you quoted rafael's post, which suggested that metro bus was a waste of money when metro train was to be introduced - suggesting that train would replace bus. This seemingly faulty assumption was supported by an emotional and derogatory comment from you, suggesting that you agreed with his faulty assumption.

2. Upon my questioning your post, you continued with a modified line, again saying that you thought the planning was a mess. This suggested confusion on your part. The change in line of reasoning also showed a logical inconsistency which was further reinforced by the rest of your post.

3. You will prbably claim that you were misunderstood. You really need to reread your post (#20) that started this exchange.

4. My post has nothing to do with TT or anything like that.

Thank you for pointing out what was on your mind...I am sorry you were not able to get understand my posts.

habit of pathetic planning....happens to brainless people who are not visionary
Is not at all derogatory...If you are in politics you need to know your consequences are going to yield some expression be it hate or like...you cant always expect people to continuously nod with you......If you read my posts they are consistently pointing at 1 thing...Lack of being able to plan for the future...

I quoted him coz I do agree that metro bus was a waste especially since it is not at all a visionary plan....A visionary plan includes, further development (expand to other cities, or expand the road networks, introduce more buses/ increase the service) and maintenance not keep heaping new projects and letting the old die! A visionary person does take new projects but with the facts in mind in case of finance, how the old projects might need financing too unless he is thinking of shutting them down by taking up such a big loan which might lead to either to the closing of 1 project (which may not be profiting like you see most of our public assets getting privatized! It is almost as thought the country is paying to build something and then been sold off to a second party while the public pays loans and gets the dent in their image of accumulating loans!

If you dont see the larger picture you for sure are not visionary!

Moreover, you stooped to the same thing you called derogatory! So how can you be taken seriously?

Thank you for pointing out what was on your mind...I am sorry you were not able to get understand my posts.

Is not at all derogatory...If you are in politics you need to know your consequences are going to yield some expression be it hate or like...you cant always expect people to continuously nod with you......If you read my posts they are consistently pointing at 1 thing...Lack of being able to plan for the future...

I quoted him coz I do agree that metro bus was a waste especially since it is not at all a visionary plan....A visionary plan includes, further development (expand to other cities, or expand the road networks, introduce more buses/ increase the service) and maintenance not keep heaping new projects and letting the old die! A visionary person does take new projects but with the facts in mind in case of finance, how the old projects might need financing too unless he is thinking of shutting them down by taking up such a big loan which might lead to either to the closing of 1 project (which may not be profiting like you see most of our public assets getting privatized! It is almost as thought the country is paying to build something and then been sold off to a second party while the public pays loans and gets the dent in their image of accumulating loans!

If you dont see the larger picture you for sure are not visionary!

Moreover, you stooped to the same thing you called derogatory! So how can you be taken seriously?

Look at the map of metro system and tell me again that you think that it is a thoughtless plan.

Your political ideas are getting ahead of you. You fail to see the obvious. The Metro system seems designed for a switch-over to all train operation. This is not only the case in Lahore but also in Rwp-Isb too. How is that bad planning?

I will agree with you that the priorities are misplaced. But I will disagree when someone alleges that Metro system is a waste of money. It clearly is not so. The beneficiaries are Urban poor and middle class. These people were totally ignored by the last government. Do you remember PPP' price hike of wheat in 2008/9? Do you know what it did to urban poor?

Your cynicism is incredibly myopic.

Ager metro train banani hi thii (which i think is a good decision) to metro buss per paisa kiun barbaad huwa?
Because Metro's are exponentially more expensive than BRT's.

So it makes sense from a Pakistani financial POV to have a city transport system that mixes the two judiciously. The heavy density areas would get Metro whereas BRT would run on relatively lesser busy areas.

Countries as diverse as China, India, European countries do the same.
Shahbaz is building everything in his royal capital. This is like the medieval ages where one capital city would be developed and the rest were left over to the vultures.
Metro in Lahore will automatically be a catalyst for faster growth in Lahore - which in turn will help catalyze growth in rural areas.

Last edited:
Good for lahore, but what about karachi looks like no one cares for us :sad:

After 18th amendment provincial assemblies have all the power to take any decisions, if they want they can start ten projects for Metro trains tomorrow. The only cause to complain can be if Federation refuses to give guarantee (like it did in case of Punjab) which has not happened yet.

Those living in Khi/ Peshawar should ask this question from elected representatives.

After 18th amendment provincial assemblies have all the power to take any decisions, if they want they can start ten projects for Metro trains tomorrow. The only cause to complain can be if Federation refuses to give guarantee (like it did in case of Punjab) which has not happened yet.

Those living in Khi/ Peshawar should ask this question from elected representatives.

Not to mention that this isn't even a Project of the Federal Government but a bilateral arrangement between Chinese Investors and the Government of Punjab where the money is being spent by the Chinese to build a Commercial Project in Lahore nor is this taking anything from the Budget of the Punjab Government or utilizing funds for the Rural Punjab !

What was the CM supposed to do anyhow ? Tell the Investors that because people will make a political issue of this please don't invest in a commercial project in Lahore that not only creates jobs but also helps the city without us providing investment for it from our funds ?

Back
Top Bottom