What's new

Metro rail to ease plight of Dhaka commuters

Take my words this is not happening anytime soon. Maybe the cons starts in 2030 after all the issues have been sorted out. Bd is a mess and no one can even think of any kind of cons in their cities right now. Instead of modernizing these idiots are ordering used cars and buses from India and other countries like Japan. The dont know the meaning of development yet.

And all thos people in this thread who are comparing Indian with bd. Give me a break. India today has 10 with active metros and expansion, 10 more ready to go for cons with a couple of years and atleast 20 in planning and approval phase. Dont compare yourself with poor bd. They are 50 yrs behind.

Take my words this is not happening anytime soon. Maybe the cons starts in 2030 after all the issues have been sorted out. Bd is a mess and no one can even think of any kind of cons in their cities right now. Instead of modernizing these idiots are ordering used cars and buses from India and other countries like Japan. The dont know the meaning of development yet.

And all thos people in this thread who are comparing Indian with bd. Give me a break. India today has 10 with active metros and expansion, 10 more ready to go for cons with a couple of years and atleast 20 in planning and approval phase. Dont compare yourself with poor bd. They are 50 yrs behind.

But, under your loved British masters you have already started 100 years before we started. So, it is India which remains 50 years behind us. Think of a marathon course.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

1. India has more people than some whole continents, whereas Bangladesh is a small compact area (overly Dhaka-centric unfortunately).

2. Even if you do have 10 cities with metros in a land of 1 billion + there are still hundreds of millions of others with transportation issues.

3. Anyway this is a good development and aside from the petty party politics by some, Dhaka will finally get a metro, and then hopefully Chittagong, maybe after that Sylhet, then Khulna etc.

4. We need to make sure Bangladesh does not remain as "Dhaka-desh" with everything in Dhaka, but move things to Chittagong, Khulna etc.

Instead of making the train station, we could use that money to expand roads, traffic will lessen. I really like the idea of a metro and it would be great to have one, but if it takes that long to build it, I'd say better invest on decentralization and traffic will automatically decrease. The traffic situation right now is unbearable and we need some short term solutions before the metro gets there

Instead of making the train station, we could use that money to expand roads, traffic will lessen. I really like the idea of a metro and it would be great to have one, but if it takes that long to build it, I'd say better invest on decentralization and traffic will automatically decrease. The traffic situation right now is unbearable and we need some short term solutions before the metro gets there

worth the wait. Btw what we need is good management. Need to stop having bus counters in the middle of the street. No parking in the sides of the road. And no taking passengers int he middle of the road by local buses. Also restrict rickshaws in jampacked roads. The traffic jam will automatially lessen by 50% then

But, under your loved British masters you have already started 100 years before we started. So, it is India which remains 50 years behind us. Think of a marathon course.

even if you compare Bangladesh with West Bengal and Dhaka with Calcutta you will realize why Bangladeshis are pole vaulting and slumming in India. Calcutta got metro decades ago while Dhaka remained a backward city cum village of S Asia

even if you compare Bangladesh with West Bengal and Dhaka with Calcutta you will realize why Bangladeshis are pole vaulting and slumming in India. Calcutta got metro decades ago while Dhaka remained a backward city cum village of S Asia

Thanks for the "love".

:lol:

Dhaka:

80049459.jpg

7087639939_09be65beb6_b.jpg

20120616_019.jpg

20120614_022.jpg

crystalpalace.jpg

6857818611_67ae98cb7f_b.jpg

Read some of Amarta Sen's work in comparison between the two countries.

Bangladeshis here are bringing up their local politics and indians are entering through that loophole to destroy this thread. So, I ask why the bangladeshis should bring up their personal political orientation in an international forum? Please, do not give into this ghetto mentality.

Bangladeshis here are bringing up their local politics and indians are entering through that loophole to destroy this thread. So, I ask why the bangladeshis should bring up their personal political orientation in an international forum? Please, do not give into this ghetto mentality.

x 2.

Well said.

About 15 - 20 Indian cities will have metros by the time the time Dhaka or Karachi gets its metro .
Speaks a lot about infrastructural development in Pakistan and Bangladesh :woot:
Ofcourse Metro isnt everything however in our cities which are so damn dense its a must .
Karachi chose Circular Railways over metro and lahore chose metro bus which is much cheaper thn metro and gets the job done by providing cheap transport service :P not bad considering we are in a war and our economical position.

Thanks for the "love".

Dhaka:

what do you want to prove with these pics?? Dhaka looks like a developed town with few glass claded buildings but infrastructure is not enough to be called as capital city.

edit : Not Needed..thread is about BD

Read some of Amarta Sen's work in comparison between the two countries.

GDP of Bangladesh 110 bn USD
GDP of Calcutta 104 bn USD :lol:

This is the city where so many pole vaulters slum together. Why don't you develop the infrastructure and economy of your poor city so that we have less illegals in our cities??

Iam not Greek post 36:

while Dhaka remained a backward city cum village of S Asia

Post 32:

Dhaka looks like a developed town with few glass claded buildings but...

So in a few hours Dhaka transformed from being a village to a town.

Wow that's some rate of progress, probably the fastest rate of urban progress the world has ever seen.

Not being from Dhaka, I must go there and ask people from "amader rajdani" the secret of their success.

At this rate of progress Dhaka has gone from being a village to a town, so soon it will be a city, then a mega-city, then a giant conurbation, then a city-state like Hong Kong or Singapore, then it will become so modern that it will become a spaceship, if we go by the "Logic" we see above.

Iam not Greek post 36:

Post 32:

So in a few hours Dhaka transformed from being a village to a town.

Wow that's some rate of progress, probably the fastest rate of urban progress the world has ever seen.

Not being from Dhaka, I must go there and ask people from "amader rajdani" the secret of their success.

At this rate of progress Dhaka has gone from being a village to a town, so soon it will be a city, then a mega-city, then a giant conurbation, then a city-state like Hong Kong or Singapore, then it will become so modern that it will become a spaceship, if we go by the "Logic" we see above.

do you have comprehension problem?? I wrote City cum Village which clearly is not equal to village nor to city but somewhere in middle of both and that has to be town.

the pics shown by you are similar to pics of few cheap glass buildings scattered here and there in towns of India thats why the comparison.

do you have comprehension problem?? I wrote City cum Village which clearly is not equal to village nor to city but somewhere in middle of both and that has to be town.

the pics shown by you are similar to pics of few cheap glass buildings scattered here and there in towns of India thats why the comparison.

1. Bangladesh and Dhaka are developing at a fast pace. There are parts of Dhaka which are quite developed and parts which are slums as is the case in Brazil, a BRIC state.

2. I will not fight hate with hate and belittle India, you with your hateful attitude do that yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom