What's new

Metro rail stops at air force red signal

List of aircraft of the Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Compared to India and China, it is a small and limited air force. But it is at least something than nothing :D

@ So from the above data we have atlaest the following fighter aircrafts:

1. 1 x Squadron of Mig-29
2. 2 x Squadron of F-7
3. 1 x Squadron of A -6
4. 4 x Transport Aircraft C-130
5. 3 x Transport Aircraft AN-32

So basically we have 4 squadron. Donnot be de-moralise Zabanka. I have seen the 1965 Indo-Pak war in the Eastern Sector, Pakistan had only one squadron of Sabre Jet. With this Sabre Jet they played a havoc with the Indian fighter jet. Wait, we need more 4 squadron only. If we have a will and determination we can very well get it. Pakistani squadrons is stand by any time they can give us provided we desire. The phase out aircrafts of Pakistan aircraft may joined us. With this we can very well defend our air space. But we must have our pilot trained ready. In 1965 war many Indonesian, Iran and Jordanion aircrafts joint with Pakistan Airforce.

List of aircraft of the Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Compared to India and China, it is a small and limited air force. But it is at least something than nothing :D

It depends on your airspace, threat perception and of course budget. A smaller and modern force is always better than a sloppy, outdated large force. PLAAF, till a few years back used Mig 19s in large number and PLA didn't had Special Forces till 1988.They moved away from the communist ideology of the more the better and now they are a world class force. I'll be more comfortable with Singapore AF than North Korean AF.

2. 2 x Squadron of F-7
3. 1 x Squadron of A -6

So basically we have 4 squadron. Donnot be de-moralise Zabanka. I have seen the 1965 Indo-Pak war in the Eastern Sector, Pakistan had only one squadron of Sabre Jet. With this Sabre Jet they played a havoc with the Indian fighter jet. Wait, we need more 4 squadron only. If we have a will and determination we can very well get it. Pakistani squadrons is stand by any time they can give us provided we desire. The phase out aircrafts of Pakistan aircraft may joined us. With this we can very well defend our air space. But we must have our pilot trained ready. In 1965 war many Indonesian, Iran and Jordanion aircrafts joint with Pakistan Airforce.

That was during the Cold war.

The Cold War ended over 20 years ago.

And it's been forty years since we have been independent.

And if were paying a bit more attention to history, you'd realize that having just one squadron of F-86s wasn't enough to defend against an enemy state that surrounds us on all three corners, and with a mighty Bay of Bengal before us where the entire Indian coastline runs. They even had a ****in aircraft carrier for crying out loud!! Did we have anything to deter that? Did we?

In fact, the F-86 was one of the earliest operational jet powered aircraft on the US side during the Cold War. We were flying F-86s in a time when F-4 Phantoms were taking the skies. The F-14 Tomcat was very new, Iran bought them.

What are we supposed to fight with? Blind faith??? That's not what Islam teaches us. It takes more than thick skin and a strong will to fight against a vast enemy. You'd want the right equipment, along with reliable suppliers and a feasible path to self sufficiency. Practicality is the key word here.

In fact, you'd realize that the Eastern front was ignored on several aspects. What would you have us do? Living as second-class citizens?

I hope you understand the why's and how's of the 71' war. Mujib being an agent of India is another important factor, coupled with the erroneous decision making of Yaha Khan.

Now back to the present, the IAF outnumber and outgun us by ten-fold. You can't go toe-to-toe against the SU-30 with a F-7 :no: Unless of-course one can suddenly transform into Superman and wipe out an entire squadron of Flankers.

And no, 4 squadrons do not demoralize me at all. In fact, it tells me that isn't sufficient for keeping a secured airspace - every square inch. The same story for our navy.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

It depends on your airspace, threat perception and of course budget. A smaller and modern force is always better than a sloppy, outdated large force. PLAAF, till a few years back used Mig 19s in large number and PLA didn't had Special Forces till 1988.They moved away from the communist ideology of the more the better and now they are a world class force. I'll be more comfortable with Singapore AF than North Korean AF.

BAF still operates mostly 3rd generation fighters. The MiG-29 is the most modern in its inventory.

BAF still operates mostly 3rd generation fighters. The MiG-29 is the most modern in its inventory.

This is why I mentioned budget. I glad you do understand that wish to becoming a martyr and shouting religious chants will not bring down a sophisticated jet flying high or else Mullahs would have had brought down F-22s with Spitfires.

This is why I mentioned budget. I glad you do understand that wish to becoming a martyr and shouting religious chants will not bring down a sophisticated jet flying high or else Mullahs would have had brought down F-22s with Spitfires.
where did Mullahs/Religion come from suddenly??

@ Do you think that we all are Mullahs and supporter of Jammate Islami ? For last 40 years and more we are trying hard how to defend our country from the Indians. Yes, we have achieved trimendously in land forces but still weak in Airforce. Our Navy is not that weak. By the way who is shouting religious chants ?????

where did Mullahs/Religion come from suddenly??

Check zabanya's post which he quoted. He rightly mentions how islam doesnt ask someone to go fight without the right armour at his possesion.

@ Do you think that we all are Mullahs and supporter of Jammate Islami ? For last 40 years and more we are trying hard how to defend our country from the Indians. Yes, we have achieved trimendously in land forces but still weak in Airforce. Our Navy is not that weak. By the way who is shouting religious chants ?????
In your imagination!!!
get some life

@ By the way if nobody comes to rescue us even including jana(Pakistan) we will have "Lungi Phase". This "Lungi Phase " means once India overrun us with their all forces, our Armed Forces will not surrender like Iraq and Libya and we would merge with the common people including myself, farhaan, Al-Zakir, MBI Munshi and many more wearing "lungi". Than one by one we will kill Tiki Tam Tam, Abir any finally you, any doubt ??????

Nice name..Lungi Phase.

what follows the lungi phase ? Undie phase ?.. and then ?

...and what advantage would India ever get by ' over running' BD ? What is it that BD has to offer that India does not already have ?..population, problems,water.. what ..all these India has enough.

Lungi Phase .. Good one !

Again you jumped the gun without even realizing the topic is about training your pilots to fly their jets and not wishing to be martyrs. This is the difference between a professional soldier and a teenage boy who ties bomb to his chest. Not all of you but specifically you remind me of war mongering jamati.

And Oracle, what makes you think that India is going to want to attack BD. Please don't tell me that you had a dream in which Niazi or Bhutto you told you so. Again, how much of India's force is concentrated on your border.

2. 2 x Squadron of F-7
3. 1 x Squadron of A -6

off topic : How old are you???

How about making that stretch of the rail line underground, Or have Big barriers (brick wall or even zinc wall) around outside the track line to prevent passengers from looking into the air base. We are getting $1.8 biilion from japan, i dont think it will cost much to have a barrier for that part of the line

How about making that stretch of the rail line underground, Or have Big barriers (brick wall or even zinc wall) around outside the track line to prevent passengers from looking into the air base. We are getting $1.8 biilion from japan, i dont think it will cost much to have a barrier for that part of the line
What about large photos of Lux shundoris on huge boards bordering bAF base.:chilli:

2. 2 x Squadron of F-7
3. 1 x Squadron of A -6

we need 100 jf17, 50 j-10B, 30 cobra, 5 more c130, 20 chinook to face india. I want to donate all my lungis for this nobel cause
:kiss3::meeting:

Back
Top Bottom