What's new

Metro rail stops at air force red signal

Dear Rockyx,

@ You are threating us with Rockects and Missiles attack ? Look, the day you fire rocket on Eastern Bengal, next day you will find Patriot and Silk Warm missils are landed in Bangladesh. Till now we have not yet considered this threat. By the way where are those missile launching sites in the visinity of Bangladesh ????? Till now the missiles you have are not sufficient to handle Pakistan and China ????????

@ By the way for your information Chinese Silk Warm missiles are already deployed at the basin of Arakan. See, we have all ready 4 to 5 US transport aircraft C-130. Do you think that we have bought it from America no !!!! "Muftme, samjee ".

@ We got lot of armament from Pakistan earlier. We received many many armaments from Iraq after the Gulf War. We have now even self-propelled Medium Artillery Regiments. Many are stored in the depos. We also received many equipments from Saudi Arab. This Muslim Botherhood sometimes helps a lot. On the other hand you have to buy all these hard equipments through foreign exchange. You have lot of enemy in and around we just have to give a green signal and that's all. We donnot require so much of armament, just only the alignment and to give them a little bit of facility.

Till now the missiles you have are not sufficient to handle Pakistan and China ????????

Against Pakistan? Hard to say.

Against China? No match. Their missile programs are far more superior than that of India's. Hell, India don't even operate ICBMs yet.

We operate 4 C-130s to be exact :P

As far as C-130s go, the Americans are planning on a replacement :smokin:

8c5b1f0c-9f9a-497a-8144-803cd0e9a52d.Large.jpg

Fast STOL - Lockheed's Speed Agile

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-forum/129446-lockheeds-stealth-c-130-successor-revealed.html

But nothing's final. They are still deciding what to choose.

Metro rail takes new route
Govt sticks to move to route the rail thru' JS complex

Munima Sultana

The government has agreed to change the design of the metro rail, in the light of the objections raised by the armed forces, in a last ditch attempt to save the mass transport scheme - a move already supported by its Japanese lender.

Officials said the authorities have also agreed to a plan to route the metro rail through the National Parliament complex, despite protests that the move will undermine the aesthetic beauty of Louis Kahn's masterpiece.

The decision came at a high-level meeting, led by the finance minister Tuesday night.

The minister visited the parliament complex on Thursday and endorsed the new route plan for the US$1.8 billion Mass Rapid Transit.

"We have changed the design of the metro rail and the finance minister has given his seal of approval. We will now send the proposal to the Prime Minister's Office next week for final approval," said an official.

He said the project has been "rescued from all uncertainties" as the authorities have overhauled the design, ending a six-month long 'dispute' over its design, following the objections that came from the Army and the Air Force to the original route map.

Under the original route map, the Metro Rail would have its depot --- the starting point --- at Pallabi inside the Dhaka Cantonment and its elevated line would have touched the Old Airport, home to a key Air Force base.

But both the Bangladesh Army and the Air Force have strongly protested the alignments, saying it would adversely affect the security inside the Cantonment and smooth flight operations at the Old Airport.

Officials said the government has now agreed to shift the depot to Uttara :yahoo:on a piece of land owned by Rajuk, the city development authority, and the alignment will be moved far off the Old Airport, making sure flight operation is not hampered.

"We are shifting the depot from the cantonment due to security reasons.

Security is the topmost priority of the government," said a communication ministry official.

"The army and the air force are important institutions. They are entrusted with our security and sovereignty. We considered their request because the design would have harmed their operations," he added.

Metro rail takes new route

Since when did I say I want to fight your country? Where did you find any indication that I am some religious nutcase? Since when did India operate F-22s, or any news that they are going to? If that's so, then good for you! F-22s along with FGFAs! So cool! I feel so jealous! Oh poor me!

You are forgetting that your navy is going for 45 MiG-29Ks. That's gonna make 114 in total.

You got me all wrong. I never said that you were a religious nutjob nor did I insulted your nationality. Infact, you are one of the very few members who like discuss things than dreaming an invasion of India.

I forgot about Mig29Ks. Thank you.

BAF has airport there.. There are hangars... Helicopters in dhaka operate from this area..... This metro rail design will hamper their privacy for sure.. So 1st relocate their airport... I think objection made by BAF is valid here

dint they taken that into consideration before designing the metro map?

Back
Top Bottom