What's new

Meeting Pakistan's most feared militant

For those who are likely to still carry on with the "bomb them all to hell" mentality I would suggest they look at the history of the Palestinian guerilla war against its Zionist occupiers and the brutal butt kicking that the Americans got in Vietnam.....Pakistan is not even a shadow of either of these two so it is wishful thinking that our military will be able to do anything except humiliate itself and make the situation worse.

I admire the fact that you would like things to be done in the proper manner but I just can't see under what circumstances it could be possible.

The people that the Pakistan army faces is a well equiped guerilla army and the risk with your approach is more casualties. Going in up close and personal to conduct arrests may not be possible I refer you to Abdullah Mehsud who blew himself up with a grenade as he was being detained in a raid.

The difference between Pakistan and the US in vietnam is that this battle is being fought on home turf and that civilian casualties are not something Pakistan can afford at the risk of alienating the army from the public though it does unfortunately happen. It is a reality of combat.

The difference between Pakistan and the US in vietnam is that this battle is being fought on home turf and that civilian casualties are not something Pakistan can afford at the risk of alienating the army from the public though it does unfortunately happen. It is a reality of combat.

I think the mentality that collateral damage is an acceptable part of such an operation is unfortunately too prevalent and is unrealistically optimistic about the potential results of this terrible trade off between expediency and the lives of innocents.

This will create more enemies and the problem will still not get resolved. Besides, do you trust the media or the government to tell you the truth? The only way any government should move forward is in an open and transparent manner in which no fingers can be pointed. Otherwise the result will be an eruption of anti-state sentiment on the premise that our government has been bought by zionists and Americans to kill Muslims. Believe me when I tell you that even educated Muslims like myself have my doubts about who actually owns our government and behavior like this will push make so many enemies that this will spin out of control. Meanwhile the Americans and the Israelis will be laughing away at us because they didn't have to set one boot on the ground....we all just killed each other off.

Somebody said innocent civilians....what about the military personnels (to include Army, FC, para military what so ever) being killed.....!!!!???

What the government of Pakistan must do is apprehend those people whom it accuses and bring them to court where they would be tried and found guilty through a just process. That is what the government is supposed to be fighting to uphold, LAW & ORDER.

How exactly do you plan to arrest Mehsud? Walk into his house with a pair of handcuffs? :lol:

In the case of tribal areas I think arresting won't be the answer. Proper elimination of the targets is the only solution.

This is needed because legally tribal areas do not come under the jurisdiction of legal system working in Pakistan and therefore a long and fruitless legal battle might begin in the end helping the militants.

I've provided my response in the form of a new thread title 'Selling Civil War to Pakistan'.

Back
Top Bottom