What's new

Medical team leaves for Pakistan

TopCat

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
A 39-member Bangladesh medical team comprising doctors, nurses and pharmacists left for Karachi Monday afternoon to help the victims of Pakistan's worst floods in decades.

Earlier, the government decided to send relief and medical team as part of its US$ 2 million package.

Briefing the reporters at the VIP Lounge of Shahjalal International Airport prior to the medical team’s departure, Foreign Secretary Mijarul Quayes said the government would send 54 tons of medicines, 500,000 water purification tablets, 2,000 hygienic kits, and other medical accessories.

“Eleven tons of medicines have already been sent to Pakistan,” he said, adding that 10,000 blankets and 5,000 tents will also be sent for the flood victims.

Pakistan High Commissioner in Dhaka Ashraf Qureshi was also present at the airport to see off the Bangladesh medical team.

Talking to the media, High Commissioner Qureshi said: “We’re extremely grateful to Bangladesh government and its people for the generous support (for flood victims in Pakistan)… it’s like one brother is helping another brother.”

He said many non-government organisations are also very active in Pakistan to help the flood victims and to rehabilitate them. “BRAC is very active in Pakistan right now…Bangladesh chapter of Muslim Aid is also there… it’s a tremendous solidarity of Bangladeshi people

Medical team leaves for Pakistan

I did not know, BD already pledged $2mln in addition to BRAC and Muslim Aid. Why things are so secretive????

THANKS BD.....FRIENDS are always welcome to our country....

Because Bangladesh dont want to be a drama queen like some others....

Your post is good example that when someone really wants to help he'll help without photoshoot....

We have never learnt to be under limelight brother....what we do, we do with open heart....:tup:

I hope our small contribution will bring smile to our brothers there....

Cheers!!!

The Pakistani Student Association in my university had organized a three-day long collection of flood-relief goods....the amount was 1.5 lakhs pakistani rupee, along with cartoons of food, clothes, shelter items, blankets etc....

I was working with them and the response we got was great....!

Cheers!!!

I did not know, BD already pledged $2mln in addition to BRAC and Muslim Aid. Why things are so secretive????

May be you were busy more with your Indian friends :P on a serious note it had been reported and some BD members were saying it should have been more than 2m .

Thank you BDS

Nice initiative by BD.

The government is doing a good job there.:cheers:

May be you were busy more with your Indian friends :P on a serious note it had been reported and some BD members were saying it should have been more than 2m .

Thank you BDS

Ah come on, even New Zealand provided $2m initially....:P

Cheers!!!

Thank you BDS

It should had been more. But dont forget we sent you supply instead of money, and you wont be able to buy them now from open market with 10 mln...;)

It should had been more. But dont forget we sent you supply instead of money, and you wont be able to buy them now from open market with 10 mln...;)

Dear we have no issue with less or more because even ONE penny given sincerely counts and one trillion dollars given half-heartedly dont matter.

I was talking about your members who were saying you should have given more.

I am so happy and so relieved at the present gesture of BD govt, as it is in the news report, that I feel like crying. Today also I have read news that Sind has again received new flood water. It must be very hard for the people in the affected areas of Pakistan to tackle with flood.

BD is prone to flood, it is an every year affair. So, we are mentally and physically prepared for this. Most of the households in BD villages own wooden boats (is it motorized now-a-days?), and almost all of us can swim and water does not scare us at all. But, Pakistan is quite different. Flood is very seldom. So, it must be very hard for them.

More and more help and assistance must be sent to Pakistani brothers. BD population must see this flood as if it is in their own country, and come forward to extend help.

I am so happy and so relieved at the present gesture of BD govt, as it is in the news report, that I feel like crying. Today also I have read news that Sind has again received new flood water. It must be very hard for the people in the affected areas of Pakistan to tackle with flood.

And how do u feel when you see that their own people are killing their own people in this flood-time? It's only possible in PK and Afghan type country. Hopeless, endless tragedy.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/71456-blast-quetta.html

DataDarbar2_20100701.jpg

Family members of victims of the bomb attack (Sunni-Shia division)at Lahore’s Data Ganj shrine grieve over their loss.

BTW, http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/70795-worlds-bravest-nation-pakistan.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom