What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

I think he is asking for MODP year Books.Last book released was for year 2017-2018 in 2019.

Yeah it may end up reducing the kill probability but it will still mission kill the tank.Javelin uses a tandem heat warhead with a precursor charge and a main charge.T72B3 has a roof armor of about 45mm without ERA.The precursor warhead will most likely detonate after hitting the Slat armor which will also cause the main warhead to also detonate the shaped HE charge of the javelin will most likely penetrate the armor but the damage would be alot less then a direct hit and it would also depend on the angle at which the javelin hits the slat armor.I also think its more of a UCAV protection then to protect against top attack ATGMs.

MODP 2 year report its already there but not much going on.
http://www.modp.gov.pk/SiteImage/Publication/Two Years Performance Report-MoDP.pdf

Also for 2018-21 report
http://www.modp.gov.pk/SiteImage/Publication/Year Book 2018-21 Copy.pdf

Last edited:
Today machnised division needs support
we lack proper air defence umbrella for troops and tanks FM 90 is not alone enough we need koral type EW suits with them and pantsir is must to take on any cruise missiles and laser weapons to take on drones etc with soft kills

we lack proper air defence umbrella for troops and tanks FM 90 is not alone enough we need koral type EW suits with them and pantsir is must to take on any cruise missiles and laser weapons to take on drones etc with soft kills

Hahahahahahahahaahaha 😄

LY80, FM90 and HQ9P form the umbrella you are referring to. Not just the fm90

Bro
LY80, FM90 and HQ9P form the umbrella you are referring to. Not just the fm90
Bro these ly 80 and hq90 wont be moving with machnised dvision and crossing border if needed theses ly 80 and hq 9 will defend pak air space u cant use big ticket missile to shoot small drones which create havoc in armenia war you need ecnomoica weapon for soft kills and pantsir woth gatling gun is a cheap option

Ly 80 and hq 9 will se off IAF threat to our ports missile positions and strategic instilations

We cant pit to much burden on these high tickets sam

This is why israel invented scorpio air defenxe to keep ecnomically and kill enemy missiles with just push of electricity
Machnised division moving all the time so sam coverage may very dedicated air defence neded

Bro
Bro these ly 80 and hq90 wont be moving with machnised dvision and crossing border if needed theses ly 80 and hq 9 will defend pak air space u cant use big ticket missile to shoot small drones which create havoc in armenia war you need ecnomoica weapon for soft kills and pantsir woth gatling gun is a cheap option

Ly 80 and hq 9 will se off IAF threat to our ports missile positions and strategic instilations

We cant pit to much burden on these high tickets sam

This is why israel invented scorpio air defenxe to keep ecnomically and kill enemy missiles with just push of electricity
Machnised division moving all the time so sam coverage may very dedicated air defence neded
Pantsir is off the table, probably good thing as well seeing its performance against UCAVs (albeit the countries operating them arent exactly known for their military power)

FK 2000 seems like the alternative.

In 1971, the 6th armoured division was commanded by Major general Iskandar ul Karim a Bengali!
However Major General Bashir Ahmad was made the commander ARN to keep an eye on him.

In 1971, the 6th armoured division was commanded by Major general Iskandar ul Karim a Bengali!
However Major General Bashir Ahmad was made the commander ARN to keep an eye on him.
Whats the point of discussing this issue in this particular thread?

Whats the point of discussing this issue in this particular thread?
It is about 6th armd div. Moreover there isn't any related thread.
I was surprised that despite all the prejudices such an important formation was under command of a Bengali officer.
Also what was the any need of a separate commander ARN when I corps was there? Was it a lesson learnt from khem Kharan?
I suppose with raising of Gujranwala corps this post would've been abolished.

It is about 6th armd div. Moreover there isn't any related thread.
I was surprised that despite all the prejudices such an important formation was under command of a Bengali officer.
Also what was the any need of a separate commander ARN when I corps was there? Was it a lesson learnt from khem Kharan?
I suppose with raising of Gujranwala corps this post would've been abolished.
That officer was as much qualified for this post as any other officer.

At that time, ARN and ARS were adhoc formations not under command of any Corps. Therefore, one of the GOCs used to act as the overall commander as well (lesson NOT learnt from Khem Karan). It was very later, somewhere in the 80s, that 1 and 2 Corps were designated as proper Strike Corps and their ORBAT were updated correspondingly.

That officer was as much qualified for this post as any other officer
Of course but what I meant was that usually in those days Bengalis weren't given command of such formations.
Therefore, one of the GOCs used to act as the overall commander as well (lesson NOT learnt from Khem Karan).
But in this case the Commander ARN was not a GOC. That's why implied so.

Back
Top Bottom