What's new

Mechanised Divisions Pakistan Army

Then there are different phases of a battle, in the first phase the highest technically and electronic and most qualified weapons are used from both sides, that is the phase of artillery bombardments and air raids. In this chaotic situation, not much of the electricity and electrical equipment or Hightech equipment as it is now in the Orbat lists will be functional as it was planned. For example a Alkhalid Tank Unit, was attacked by Indian loitering munitions, 50% of the unit was destroyed and 20% of the tank unit is still in excellent condition as before while the rest 30% is still functional, means the optronics and thermal visions of the Tanks are destroyed through the shrapnel and impact of the loitering munitions but the weapons of the Tank and the crew survived, so the machine will be now good as the crew’s are trained, understand and learned their Tank-machines. So it will be with most of the equipment, the expensive equipment will only be functional and useful when your enemy has not a functional Army, for example US-Iraq wars. In Pakistan and Indian war scenarios both Army’s will face heavy resistance when they try to capture and hold territory.

The India’s can buy what ever they want, if India really want to capture and hold Pakistani territory, then it can only be done by conquering the deep Pakistani defence strongholds and defence lines. Coming back to loitering munitions. If it’s known by Pakistani ground formations that air cover will not be provided and there is a high danger of loosing men and material through Indian air operations, then it’s the responsibility of the Generals and field commanders to prepare fighting positions such as firing trenches and holes for Tanks and artillery guns, underground ammunition lines near the expected battle field, reserve communication lines which are independent from electronic, field hospitals build in tunnels, analysing and study the natural terrain which can be used as protection in future war. If the positions in peace time are prepared then they can be covered and camouflaged by planting trees and green plants, if it’s in the deserts then it’s sand. I doubt that the Pakistani military has implemented such strategy of defence lines as I described above, peace time Tank garages, Military bases and bushes on Tanks can’t probably protect men and material from Indian bombardments. The mission objective in the defensive strategy is to save equipment and survive men till the opportunity arrives to counter attacks.

So at the edge of the war or peak, it comes down to facts, motivation of the soldiers, functional of mechanical parts of the equipment, supplies of food and ammunition. This are some factors which will decide the victory or defeat. We have seen that perfectly in the Kargil war and the recent global civil wars. For a defensive war Pakistan is very well prepared. For large scale Offensives not !

For those who want my references and sources here they are:
5D12D751-D2F8-4DE1-B50F-B467DB0AA31E.jpeg
B0CF1E9E-7D22-469C-91A3-2E511A836DD6.jpeg
B7623B0B-CAB7-4C49-AB38-3459057762EB.jpeg

Last edited:
Then there are different phases of a battle, in the first the highest technically and electronic and most qualified weapons are used from both sides, that is the phase of artillery bombardments and air raids. In this chaotic situation, not much of the electricity and electrical equipment or Hightech equipment as it is now in the Orbat lists will be functional as it was planned. For example a Alkhalid Tank Unit, was attacked by Indian loitering munitions, 50% of the unit was destroyed and 20% of the tank unit is still in excellent condition as before while the rest 30% is still functional, means the optronics and thermal visions of the Tanks are destroyed through the shrapnel and impact of the loitering munitions but the weapons of the Tank and the crew survived, so the machine will be now good as the crew’s are trained, understand and learned their Tank-machines. So it will be with most of the equipment, the expensive equipment will only be functional and useful when your enemy has not a functional Army, for example US-Iraq wars. In Pakistan and Indian war scenarios both Army’s will face heavy resistance when they try to capture and hold territory.

The India’s can buy what ever they want, if India really want to capture and hold Pakistani territory, then it can only be done by conquering the deep Pakistani defence strongholds and defence lines. Coming back to loitering munitions. If it’s known by Pakistani ground formations that air cover will not be provided and there is a high danger of loosing men and material through Indian air operations, then it’s the responsibility of the Generals and field commanders to prepare fighting positions such as firing trenches and holes for Tanks and artillery guns, underground ammunition lines near the expected battle field, reserve communication lines which are independent from electronic, field hospitals build in tunnels, analysing and study the natural terrain which can be used as protection in future war. If the positions in peace time are prepared then they can be covered and camouflaged by planting trees and green plants, if it’s in the deserts then it’s sand. I doubt that the Pakistani military has implemented such strategy of defence lines as I described above, peace time Tank garages, Military bases and bushes on Tanks can’t probably protect men and material from Indian bombardments. The mission objective in the defensive strategy is to save equipment and survive men till the opportunity arrives to counter attacks.

So at the edge of the war or peak, it comes down to facts, motivation of the soldiers, functional of mechanical parts of the equipment, supplies of food and ammunition. This are some factors which will decide the victory or defeat. We have seen that perfectly in the Kargil war and the recent global civil wars. For a defensive war Pakistan is very well prepared. For large scale Offensives not !

For those who want my references and sources here they are:View attachment 804865View attachment 804867View attachment 804868
The issue with systems like Sula89 and ones now being looked at by India is exactly this, it doesn’t need to be deployed by the Air Force. But shoot and scoot 4x4 jeeps. A single jeep in case of the Chinese can launch 8-12 such birds (one scout, rest loitering munition) and get out of the area. Azeri and Iranian systems are truck-based.

Such systems can be used to interdict a large force with minimal footprint. Chinese deployed it, even before their LACMs to counter Indian armor and infantry advantage in Depsang planes. The system is intelligent enough to take out enemy hiding within mountains, simply eroding any territorial advantage Indians have had against the Chinese with a bigger deployment in place (during initial days of confrontation).

In all honesty, the pervasiveness of loitering ammo in today’s battlefields around the world can be regarded as the single most democratized access to mil tech since the good ol’ WW2 machine gun so it’s just surprising that Pak doesn’t seem to be thinking of it.

Last edited:
Question is also what’s the objec
The issue with systems like Sula89 and ones now being looked at by India is exactly this, it doesn’t need to be deployed by the Air Force. But shoot and scoot 4x4 jeeps. A single jeep in case of the Chinese can launch 8-12 such birds (one scout, rest loitering munition) and get out of the area. Azeri and Iranian systems are truck-based.

Such systems can be used to interdict a large force with minimal footprint. Chinese deployed it, even before their LACMs to counter Indian armor and infantry advantage in Depsang planes. The system is intelligent enough to take out enemy hiding within mountains, simply eroding any territorial advantage Indians have had against the Chinese with a bigger deployment in place (during initial days of confrontation).

In all honesty, the pervasiveness of loitering ammo in today’s battlefields around the world can be regarded as the single most democratized access to mil tech since the good ol’ WW2 machine gun so it’s just surprising that Pak doesn’t seem to be thinking of it.

You are right, but this single system and many more and other in the Indian inventory will not be a decision factor over a battle victory or defeat. But may be my thinking is to much infantry field minted related to my own backround and you might be absolutely right. No Offenes, just interest to know about the poster and for better understanding, What’s you real job in live ?

You are right, but this single system and many more and other in the Indian inventory will not be a decision factor over a battle victory or defeat. But may be my thinking is to much infantry field minted related to my own backround and you might be absolutely right. No Offenes, just interest to know about the poster and for better understanding, What’s you real job in live ?
My background is in avionics and systems development.

And I am sure you are right that this one type of system will not be a decisive factor on the battlefield. This was just a question regarding how something that's now pretty common to see on the battlefield, even with lesser armed forces, is still missing in Pak's side.

And I am sure you are right that this one type of system will not be a decisive factor on the battlefield. This was just a question regarding how something that's now pretty common to see on the battlefield, even with lesser armed forces, is still missing in Pak's side.
I wonder if it's because loitering munitions are so democratized that we're not hearing about it? It's possible that the armed forces are seeking it, but because it isn't a big-ticket, high-profile thing, the activity is just flying through cracks. They're definitely aware, e.g., PGZ literally handed a sample to a PAF CAS back in 2017.

1640989671394.png

Yes according to Sheikh Rasheed 25 J10Cs will fly together in the parade.

Shiekh Rasheed was also saying this years parade is going to be special due to a large number of VIPs arriving from Abroad for the parade and so he was saying about moving the parade onto a later date in March since 23rd march will be for celebration and there won't be that much security measures applicable for security.
Sheikh Rasheed was not saying to move the parade, he was asking the opposition to postpone their political agitation which they have announced to start on march 23rd, and that would not be good since many VIP's are coming etc. etc. However, someone on the forum has already pointed out that Imran Khan was not so considerate in 2014 and Chinese President visit had to be postponed due to his dharna.

No separate thread available so....

TOW 2 RF has been made available to all HAT units. TOW 2B RF is modified with a one-way, stealthy radio-frequency command link, which dispenses with the wire link and gives a range of 4.5km plus . The system is compatible with current launchers

TOW 2 RF has been made available to all HAT units. TOW 2B RF is modified with a one-way, stealthy radio-frequency command link, which dispenses with the wire link and gives a range of 4.5km plus . The system is compatible with current launchers
so it have dual guidance ??

I mean it have both Radio & wire guidance ...

RF version of TOW 2Aero.

@PanzerKiel this sentence is confusing me If you could give more detail If possible.

I might be wrong but TOW 2B is RF guided missile, so I am not getting the point about wire link.
TOW2 Aero has a range of 4.5 KM (greater than the 3.75km of previous version). The only difference between Aero and RF is that Aero is wire guided while RF has the same range but uses Rf.

Back
Top Bottom