What's new

MBT 99A going to Pakistan for testing!

I might be missing something really obvious here, but how about instead of buying 500-600 new tanks, keep the existing tanks you already have, and buy 200-250 attack helicopters.
will you papa arrange the money/? lol thats like 20 billion dollars....

200-250 attack helicopters.
:o::o::o:

start producing pakistani verson of hj-12 atgm. (more economical and effective against tank).............:butcher:
15760767501_c29322c651_b.jpg

will you papa arrange the money/? lol thats like 20 billion dollars....
200 WZ-10 would cost $3.5 billion, which can be spread over several years. (source:
WAFF | World's Armed Forces Forum)
500 MBT99A would cost $1.5 billion. (source: army-technology.com)
It will cost more than double, but I still think it is better value for money as a helicopter can patrol and carry out operations over deserts, swamps, hills and mountains. Tanks can't or have to be transported.

200 WZ-10 would cost $3.5 billion, which can be spread over several years. (source:.
WAFF | World's Armed Forces Forum)
3.5 billion? seriously your source is WAFF run by baboons?
500 MBT99A would cost $1.5 billion. (source: army-technology.com)
It will cost more than double, but I still think it is better value for money as a helicopter can patrol and carry out operations over deserts, swamps, hills and mountains. Tanks can't or have to be transported
If choppers play tank roles better then their wont be tanks in US Russian or even chinese military..

Seriously??
Says a citizen of a failed state, living off crumbs, handouts and cries foul over delayed IMF loans ..jeez dude .. get a life.
and this coming from a citizen of a nation where 55% of kids are molested (google for sources), dead bodies are turned into ashes and tossed into gutter called ganga....

We will see first matured design and serially produced Altay in 2017 bro. Altay will face some additional modifications on turret especially on front side. The current Altays lack Akkor active protection system radars + fire control radars. The side skirt armours on chassis will also be added until that time.

Besides, The Pakistani expert members underline that Altay is too heavy to be effectively operated in Pakistani geography. What Pakistan requires is a tank having a weight around 50-60 tonnes.
i don't think that weight and geographical factor is that much of an issue back in the 80s PA tested the abrams tank also and it was disqualified based on its targeting, the tracks can be modified according to the terrain. The weight of tanks is obviously going to increase with increase in armor and sensors, as tanks become more advance

best option for pakistan is to replace its current fleet of obsolete tanks with proven design like al-khalid and acquire more advanced gunship helicopters since every tank is vulnerable to air attacks

Altay will be the best Option for Pakistan. With Altay even your neighbours change you mind.

If you guys seen some Pictures of the Prototype Altay then it´s sure that you have changed your Opinion.

But if you can get both of them :)

Where this tank stand in world of top class tanks??

Altay will be the best Option for Pakistan. With Altay even your neighbours change you mind.

If you guys seen some Pictures of the Prototype Altay then it´s sure that you have changed your Opinion.

But if you can get both of them :)

Please post pics and complete analysis of Atlay compared with best tank of the world to put up your case and increase our knowledge.

I think PA did consider Altay or still considers it, as it is a great tank. However, it might be more expensive, plus Pakistan Army would want something it can build in Pakistan. Secondly, PA wants tanks for hot and dusty desert performance, so any tank would have to prove itself first.

Why not Russian Armata :P since we are the close ally of Russia nowadays

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom