What's new

MBT 2000 batch arrived at Bangladesh...

Thats an argument straight out of 70's war doctrine... Tanks now a days are not primarily designed to fight other tanks.
Anyway this discussion will lead nowhere so i am getting out ...
BTW your argument about Apache is very weak.. Learn a bit more about its capability..

In other words, you cannot argue against the points I have made.

If you study the geography of BD you will know that tanks like MBT-2000 can only be deployed in the NW of the country and they will be facing Indian T-90s/Arjuns. The rest of the country is totally unsuitable for tanks of this nature.

BD has got 44 now but there is no reason that this number would not almost certainly be increased into the hundreds later on if BD likes the tank. This could included upgraded variants with better armour, engine and electronics.

India will always have many more tanks/planes/ships but the days of it not having to take into account BD military capabilities will be soon gone.

But mate, do you seriously think that these 44 tanks change the power balance in South Asia? I agree BD is no more a pushover part.

But mate, do you seriously think that these 44 tanks change the power balance in South Asia? I agree BD is no more a pushover part.

Of course 44 tanks by themselves will not change anything.

What is the most significant point is that now BD has bought a tank that technologically is on a par with any Indian tank out there.

India started off with an order for 310 T-90 from Russia and it now has nearly 1000 of them.

If BD likes it after it has a chance to see how the tank performs then there is no reason why it would not order 2-300 more in a few years.

Given Bangladeshi terrain and surrounding areas larger number of tanks are not necessary. Rather Bangladesh should build formidable MBRL force including having A-100 MLRS.

Bangladesh should manufacture a facility like heavy industry taxila to manufacture tanks like this from scratch at home.

I Am sure China will help you guys in in establishing such a facility like in 1972 with there help heavy industry taxila was established

now hit is not only developing tanks but apC's
mrap,tanks components such as main gun,turret etc

Bangladesh should manufacture a facility like heavy industry taxila to manufacture tanks like this from scratch at home.

I Am sure China will help you guys in in establishing such a facility like in 1972 with there help heavy industry taxila was established

now hit is not only developing tanks but apC's
mrap,tanks components such as main gun,turret etc

Well that's the next stage, we already have a facility for repair/overhaul/modify of tanks and apcs. This where the t69 was upgraded to t69g and where trucks etc are assembled, I went there in 2011 for a visit, but my cousin forbid me to take pics. Well we already have an agreement with china to expand the facility.

44 is the start, to be paid over 6 years under soft loan. From what I hear, this is not where it finishes, the plan was to upgrade the t59s to t59g, but the cost of the extension upgrade with new turret, engine, transmission and NBC system was not worth it. This is why your seeing the purchase of the mbt2000, the t59s will now be replaced over the next 5-10 years on a 2 for 3 basis in batches.

Local assembly in BD, is not possible unless the order exceeds 300, and as far as I know we are not going to replace the t69g for a while, so the order will be for around 180-200.

So, did Bangladesh buy these 44 tanks for Indian threat? lool You'd be better off portraying Myanmar as your 'imaginary threat' than India. It would make more sense. :)

Do not worry about the 44 units of MBT-2000 tanks. BA also has another group of a total of 650 units of MBTs that can be mobilized in any border region in one hour notice. Burma is showing its teeth all the time, but most of our MBTs are suitable for our NW region. Other regions are not suitable and our NW is very near to China border.

Defensive in nature, BD's military preparation is not against any country. However, a military strategist knows a war may break out any time. So, in military exercises BA strategist imagine an enemy country, which are our two neighbouring countries. This is very natural because they are not politicians who believe in trading of sweet talks. Military is a hard group of people who prepare themselves for every eventuality.

Ladies and Gentlemen unveiling MBT-2000 on our Soil........ Muhahaha thanks to 2nd lieutenant zauad

66019_4916473599424_494472160_n.jpg

Saw at least half a dozen of them on rail cars while driving out of DOHS Baridhara :smokin:

It was too dark to take a picture :cry:

Saw at least half a dozen of them on rail cars while driving out of DOHS Baridhara :smokin:

It was too dark to take a picture :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom