What's new

Maya khan's apology on 17th january 2012 episode

Morning show host Maya Khan fired from Samaa TV
By Taha Siddiqui / Web Desk
Published: January 28, 2012

Maya Khan confirms that she has been fired from Samaa TV.

LAHORE: After an intense online campaign, television channel Samaa TV has fired morning show host Maya Khan and her team, and has said that her show will be taken off the air.

The decision comes after a controversial episode of the morning show, where Khan was seen conducting a ‘raid’ on a public park in Karachi and questioning couples about whether their parents were aware of their whereabouts and going as far as asking them about their marital status.

Maya Khan was at first reluctant talking about the decision, but later confirmed that her show had indeed been cancelled.

The morning show host blamed “a vicious media campaign by rival groups” for the outcome of the fiasco. She said that those campaigning against her had wanted her to be removed and this is exactly what had happened.

Khan stressed on the fact that no one had highlighted the “good things” she had done on her show.

Speaking to The Express Tribune, she confirmed the authenticity of the letter (below) by senior Samaa TV management and her termination from the channel.

Independent sources from Samaa have also confirmed that Maya Khan has been fired along with the production team of the show.

The letter, which was reportedly sent out by the management, states that Khan had refused to apologise ‘unconditionally’. It also adds that official termination notices will be sent to her on Monday morning.

The letter which says Maya Khan’s services from Samaa TV will be terminated has been circulating on social media websites and is reportedly signed by CEO Zafar Siddiqui.

Dear All

Your feedback is appreciated. As a responsible corporate citizen, Samaa TV did what was required under the circumstances. We do not and have not in the past or intend to in the future to take our viewership or reporting requirements without the seriousness that they deserve.

You would appreciate that as an organisation with a functioning management team, we had to conduct certain legal requirements over the past week and internal review processes (which are operational in nature) before procedding further.

As a result of which I can inform you:

We asked Maya to apologise unconditionally which she did not.
The CEO asked her to do that on Friday which she refused.

As a result of which the following will be put in place on Monday, Jan 30th.

Maya and her team will receive termination notices.
Her show is being stopped from Monday morning.

Our deeds and actions taken since this episode occured are there for the record and hope this will settle issues as far as the station is concerned.

A lot has been written about the race for ratings. Well, we do absolve such behaviour irrespective of ratings that the show was getting.

With best regards and thank you for your understanding.

Zafar Siddiqi

Chairman CNBC Arabiya

Chairman CNBC Africa

President CNBC Pakistan

http://tribune.com.pk/story/328465/morning-show-host-maya-khan-fired-from-samaa-tv/

wow wow wow its more then hit man we did it right :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :bounce:

Good point, but I would regard wars as part of history, not all of it, because lots of important events, inventions, discoveries and advancements were made during peacetime.

Civilizations are born in war and bred in peace which is sustained through more wars.

Hahah that fat kuthi has been fired :chilli: Hopefully her career has been ruined and she will enter prostitution to survive.

Hahah that fat kuthi has been fired :chilli: Hopefully her career has been ruined and she will enter prostitution to survive.

The couples near devil's point,Jinnah Park, PAF museum, Hill park and all the Shopping malls with food cafe's can relax.

I feel sorry for Maya Khan. I don't understand why every one was after her, in my opinion she did a rite job cuz those were family parks not dating parks & people can't go there cuz of stupid things going on, Pakistanis just love to copy western countries in dumb & failed style. And what a bunch of idiot youth who think they playing smart with their parents by telling them that they r leaving for college/universities (which is not true & instead they are going for date) IMO they are destroying their own future & driving Pakistan towards more top failure state.

Think again guys God give you zardari cuz you deserve zardari, you are hypocrite as him, you are corrupt as him, you are driving the country toward failure by your means he is doing that by his means etc. Why point fingers at Bilawal Bhutto if you guys see pictures of him drinking with girls, if this is your personnal life that is his personnal life.

I feel sorry for Maya Khan. I don't understand why every one was after her, in my opinion she did a rite job cuz those were family parks not dating parks & people can't go there cuz of stupid things going on, Pakistanis just love to copy western countries in dumb & failed style. And what a bunch of idiot youth who think they playing smart with their parents by telling them that they r leaving for college/universities (which is not true & instead they are going for date) IMO they are destroying their own future & driving Pakistan towards more top failure state.

Think again guys God give you zardari cuz you deserve zardari, you are hypocrite as him, you are corrupt as him, you are driving the country toward failure by your means he is doing that by his means etc. Why point fingers at Bilawal Bhutto if you guys see pictures of him drinking with girls, if this is your personnal life that is his personnal life.

Write to your congressman about how you feel.

You have no right of personnal attack, understand.

BTW i'm surprised why a Mod thanked your post when it comes under direct violation of Forum rules.

because you were committing exactly what you preach.. hypocrisy.
And there was no personal attack involved.. sarcasm was.

Back
Top Bottom