What's new

Maya khan's apology on 17th january 2012 episode

It's in his job description as a young adult male to fall for a girl. And mine to get him access to one in marriage. Why do you even suppose these are less than desirable objectives? You must be aware that back in the days when Muslims, perfectly moral people, had a civilization, dads often prowled the masjid after-salaat to look for a single boy for their daughter. Why the masjid, because a young man who's dutiful to God will be dutiful in his marital relationship. Now in our cultures a young person talking about getting married can be a topic almost impossible to broach with their parents. Either this changes, or we need to accept them getting together without a marriage.

I agree with the former.. but if society does not allow it.. should you not try your best to prevent it?

As for the latter..I disagree.. Many of whom that I saw frequenting mosques.. and being dutiful have turned out to be horrible husbands who ended up divorcing their wives.. or leaving her with the children and running out on her.

Don't you think that's very harsh and asymmetrical?

Almost all media anchors I've witnessed violate various principles of akhlaaq. Either punish them all or regulate them all.

The concept of free media then conflicts with the concept of the right to privacy.
We want privacy.. but we do want the media to tell us if Veena is sleeping with somebody new or not.

The concept of free media then conflicts with the concept of the right to privacy.
We want privacy.. but we do want the media to tell us if Veena is sleeping with somebody new or not.
No I don't want to know what someone is doing in their private lives. I just wish them well. The media builds up my expectational model of curiosity into peoples' lives by seeding this process. Earlier I just expected from TV just the khabarnama telling me somebody talked to somebody on 'baahami dilchaspi ke muamalaat' and the odd song!

As for the latter..I disagree.. Many of whom that I saw frequenting mosques.. and being dutiful have turned out to be horrible husbands who ended up divorcing their wives.. or leaving her with the children and running out on her.
There's people, and then there's people.

And frankly times have changed and reading something out of a book might not apply to the masjid-frequenters anymore.

Good to know you do visit sometimes:)

Morning show host Maya Khan fired from Samaa TV
By Taha Siddiqui / Web Desk
Published: January 28, 2012

Maya Khan confirms that she has been fired from Samaa TV.

LAHORE: After an intense online campaign, television channel Samaa TV has fired morning show host Maya Khan and her team, and has said that her show will be taken off the air.

The letter, which was reportedly sent out by the management, states that Khan had refused to apologise ‘unconditionally’. It also adds that official termination notices will be sent to her on Monday morning.

The letter which says Maya Khan’s services from Samaa TV will be terminated has been circulating on social media websites and is reportedly signed by CEO Zafar Siddiqui.

Dear All

Your feedback is appreciated. As a responsible corporate citizen, Samaa TV did what was required under the circumstances. We do not and have not in the past or intend to in the future to take our viewership or reporting requirements without the seriousness that they deserve.

You would appreciate that as an organisation with a functioning management team, we had to conduct certain legal requirements over the past week and internal review processes (which are operational in nature) before procedding further.

As a result of which I can inform you:

We asked Maya to apologise unconditionally which she did not.
The CEO asked her to do that on Friday which she refused.

As a result of which the following will be put in place on Monday, Jan 30th.

Maya and her team will receive termination notices.
Her show is being stopped from Monday morning.

Our deeds and actions taken since this episode occured are there for the record and hope this will settle issues as far as the station is concerned.

A lot has been written about the race for ratings. Well, we do absolve such behaviour irrespective of ratings that the show was getting.

With best regards and thank you for your understanding.

Zafar Siddiqi

Chairman CNBC Arabiya

Chairman CNBC Africa

President CNBC Pakistan

Morning show host Maya Khan fired from Samaa TV – The Express Tribune

Absolve ?? :what:

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history maybe the hijacking of morality by religion." - Arthur C. Clark

And;
"Religious doctrines and Political idealogies were created by a few cunning and crafty men to rule the lives of the remaining men"- Olive Oyl.

:D

And;
"Religious doctrines and Political idealogies were created by a few cunning and crafty men to rule the lives of the remaining men"- Olive Oyl.

:D

That discussion, interesting as it is, needs to be done very carefully in this environment. ;)

Back
Top Bottom