What's new

Maya khan's apology on 17th january 2012 episode

maya2.jpg

maya4.jpg

We will take it up elsewhere later I am sure but:

If all humans start out with equal good in them, then no matter what set of beliefs, we are all equal. Further, only God can judge who is increasing or decreasing in "morality", not ANY of us.

Thus we come back to the same issue of "moral policing by self styled thekedars" being the dominant the mechanism used by most major religions to control societies.

Hi Yes religious debate should be elsewhere.

I have an advise, read Quran Chapter Al-Furqan find a the Book Tahfim Ul Quran search Al-Furqan the detailed summary is there you will read in detail about the Criterion, The chapter has all the answers to your questions, for the millionth time I tell people research before they pose questions.

Hi Yes religious debate should be elsewhere.

I have an advise, read Quran Chapter Al-Furqan find a the Book Tahfim Ul Quran search Al-Furqan the detailed summary is there you will read in detail about the Criterion, The chapter has all the answers to your questions, for the millionth time I tell people research before they pose questions.

Yes, I agree this discussion can be taken up elsewhere.

(I have read and understand the Koran quite well BTW.)

(I have read and understand the Koran quite well BTW.)
That's a very big claim to understand it as well as you suggest you do. Since the leading scholars of all previous times shied away from such a statement, you must either be the biggest scholar of all, or very very arrogant. I'm leaning, despite my conscious effort to give people the benefit of the doubt, towards the second given a particular spelling you chose in that post.

We'll talk when you come down to the earth.

That's a very big claim to understand it as well as you suggest you do. Since the leading scholars of all previous times shied away from such a statement, you must either be the biggest scholar of all, or very very arrogant. I'm leaning, despite my conscious effort to give people the benefit of the doubt, towards the second given a particular spelling you chose in that post.

We'll talk when you come down to the earth.

Is this better?

"I have read and understand the Qur'aan quite well by the way."

You really need better English comprehension, no matter which planet you are from. :D

I do find your defense of the rationale for a moral brigade quite amusing, in fact, as it applies to the topic of the thread here.

^I fail to see the relation between my English comprehension and what I said. Strange you read things that aren't there.

Which brings me to the second point: I'm amazed somebody can even think I said anything in defense of the actions of Mrs. Khan (I'm taking that's what you meant by 'moral brigade').

^I fail to see the relation between my English comprehension and what I said. Strange you read things that aren't there.

Which brings me to the second point: I'm amazed somebody can even think I said anything in defense of the actions of Mrs. Khan (I'm taking that's what you meant by 'moral brigade').

Ah yes, you still are in geosynchronous orbit; we will talk when YOU come down to Earth! :lol:

Ms. Khan took her misguided cues from a society that already has a moral brigade gone berserk; may be you can see that connection from way up in the sky where you are! ;)

Maybe, but maybe for her show's ratings, maybe for its want for content.

Is it a society gone berserk? I do not know, I haven't been there for a few years.

Still, can you comprehend my understanding of morality and indeed my worldview from the conduct of the society I might be an example of? That's what it appears you're doing. That takes great leaps of faith, for 1. I'm an exception from the society and therefore a bad example, 2. that religious understanding is antithetical to that particular conduct.

My feet are planted on the earth, though they sometimes get afloat. There's no problem admitting your failings. Trying to control it. But are you too?

Is it a society gone berserk? .............................

Please learn to comprehend before discussing!

Read it again: "...a society that already has a moral brigade gone berserk".

Get it?

I did NOT say "society gone berserk"; I said "a society that already has a moral brigade gone berserk".

Can you understand the difference, before we go on any further?

Hint: A society gone berserk would mean the whole society, whereas a society that already has a moral brigade gone berserk would have a small component of it, i.e. the moral brigade, that has gone berserk.

Shall I explain it again?

i am sorry but she didnt looked apologetic to me at all, she had a smile on her face in case you people didn't noticed

Get it?

I did NOT say "society gone berserk"; I said "a society that already has a moral brigade gone berserk".

Hint: A society gone berserk would mean the whole society, whereas a society that already has a moral brigade gone berserk would have a small component of it, i.e. the moral brigade, that has gone berserk.

Why are foreigners so interested in our internal affairs, WE Pakistanis will sort out our problems or will not, it is not your concern, Mr Yank.

Why are foreigners so interested in our internal affairs, WE Pakistanis will sort out our problems or will not, it is not your concern, Mr Yank.

A nuclear armed country, with a failing economy and decaying governance, is a concern for ALL the world, specially with rising radicalism in the mix.

A nuclear armed country, with a failing economy and decaying governance, is a concern for ALL the world, specially with rising radicalism in the mix.

We will sink or swim due to our own efforts, Mr Yank - worry about your own failing economy and decaying governance.

Get it?

That's because the term "moral brigade" is out of my frame of reference, and and that forces me to omit it when reading.

But I'm sorry I misread.

Back
Top Bottom