What's new

Maya khan's apology on 17th january 2012 episode

waise yeh maya khan ka case hai kya ???? mein tv nahi dekhta is liye pooch raha hoon

Morality is not a quantity.. its programming.
Think of all of us as AI.. free learning programs with basic tenets bouncing around in different environments.
Not all programs are the same.. .. some may have greater intelligence...others greater physical health... But they all possess an equal amount of good.
Depending on their environments.. that good may be increased or diminished.. morality increased or decreased.
Now one would think that why did one deserve a good environment and the other a degenerate one?
I have some theories about this drawing upon my own interests in the world and linking them with what I read and understand of the Quran..but that is for another topic.

Now that's an AI guy talking!

When you say 'environment', am I right in understanding you're only talking of the human environment or society, and discounting the other environment from the dimensions of the unseen? If you took that into account, you'd have an overlap across what you call different environments.

Also, that learning-from-the environment paradigm seems to transfer the burden of sin to the environment and gives a good bill of health to the individual's sense of morality.

Which learning model does your individual-environment-relationship adapt? Reinforcement learning, classic, I take?

Our media literally has no code of conduct.

Shame on Samaa TV for broadcasting such stupid and cheap programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my eyes not just this show but as a whole Samaa TV cannot bear close scrutiny.I completely agree with you

429429_259782647423659_253548724713718_651733_1174346390_n.jpg

haha exactly!!!

................. But they all possess an equal amount of good.
.......... that good may be increased or diminished.. morality increased or decreased.
..................but that is for another topic.

We will take it up elsewhere later I am sure but:

If all humans start out with equal good in them, then no matter what set of beliefs, we are all equal. Further, only God can judge who is increasing or decreasing in "morality", not ANY of us.

Thus we come back to the same issue of "moral policing by self styled thekedars" being the dominant the mechanism used by most major religions to control societies.

We will take it up elsewhere later I am sure but:

If all humans start out with equal good in them, then no matter what set of beliefs, we are all equal. Further, only God can judge who is increasing or decreasing in "morality", not ANY of us.

Thus we come back to the same issue of "moral policing by self styled thekedars" being the dominant the mechanism used by most major religions to control societies.

Allow me to reply too.

People judge people irrespective of whether they're supposed to. You walk in and I have already formed an opinion about you. But this cannot be used as an excuse if a religion is not only organized (by people), but also Divinely-inspired.

Mine allows judgment of people by people. In what is called the judiciary. Only that, wAllahu a3lam. In that too, "I am permitted to judge by the zaahir(the outside)". The judgment of the heart is the sole dominion of its Creator. But if you ascribed ALL judgment to only Him (our model ascribes deferred judgment for many things, deferred to the yaum ul qiyaamah), you can't have a functioning society that regulates crime (what is crime is described by a very small set of axiomatic rules, again Divinely-inspired/programmed. The model needs input, after all, and we' re dealing with learning and forgetful independent agents).

What you call "moral policing by self styled thekedars" risks being one of those set of crimes.

Now the question is, in the event of a breakdown in the functioning of the state judicial apparatus, do your "self styled thekedars" inherit the authority of judgment? That's part of a larger problem - does the absence or dysfunction of any form of State apparatus, could individuals or groups from the society take upon themselves to fill the void? That is apparently an open problem and one of the key problems of the time. We no longer have the 3ulamaa of the necessary ability to answer these kind of questions, but I'm positive they're coming.

Sama will be better off in getting rid with such stupid and silly anchors , she should be fired as well as the director of this program n this is not creativity instead ignorance and stupidity

cm on- get over with this psychology classes- its boring-

Back
Top Bottom