What's new

Massive violence erupts in Egypt

Well,actually I would expect that,i would expect them to take it to the polls and not butcher them in the streets.From what i know the MB rejects new elections?

As far as I know the elections are not coming this year but only next year.

Even though it will. The MB leader is in jail, he will probably not get out.
And the mindset of the MB supporters is " why would I even bother to go to the ballot box if the outcome doesn't matter and they will do another coup again" .

BRpSGhqCcAAO2oX.jpg

sickular egyptian army at its best !!

Then why didn't they agree to have a referendum on presidential elections before the coup?

Or call for presidential elections on the 30th of June onwards?

Perhaps that would have been reasonable, but exactly when does a govt hold early elections? Is it when a few thousands protest against a government or when it's convinced that its policies are not supported by majority people?

Perhaps that would have been reasonable, but exactly when does a govt hold early elections? Is it when a few thousands protest against a government or when it's convinced that its policies are not supported by majority people?

Well more than that happened.

Government ministers were resigning left, right and center. Governers were resigning left, right and center. Presidential consultants were resigning left, right and center. You had probably the biggest protests in history on the streets and the military calling for you to either call for presidential elections or step aside. When doesnt really come into account, it was the only choice he had if he wanted to continue in his position.

Morsi's regime fell on the 30th of June and he could of potentially saved his party, himself and Egypt from a great deal of pain.

Well in all fairness it was quite a few more than a few thousands of protesters.

I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, but if you're seriously asking when early elections happen, think of it like how they have votes of confidence in parliamentary governments. If it's not clear who is in power, it's a tool to consolidate power for the government or to overthrow the government for the opposition. So if an election had been called, either Morsi comes out much stronger or there would be a new government similar to the current interim administration. It clears the uncertainty.

That's why I'm so suspicious of the coup. If they were so confident that Morsi was unpopular, why not hold elections? People say "Oh Morsi didn't accept that," But I think it's easier to force elections that to entirely force out a government... is that not true?

That's why I'm so suspicious of the coup. If they were so confident that Morsi was unpopular, why not hold elections? People say "Oh Morsi didn't accept that," But I think it's easier to force elections that to entirely force out a government... is that not true?

Morsi was one problem. Egypt needs a new constitution before elections as the previous was already illegitimate before being put to referendum and received only 65% of the yes vote out of 20% of the Egyptian electorate. Second problem is parliament, we need a legislator house and a revision house. Both were found illegitimate way before Morsi was ousted but Morsi managed to illegaly save the unelected revision house. Without a parliament and a respectable constitution (which needs to be put to referendum) with adequate checks and balances we would only be repeating the cycle.

6-9 months is the stated transition time.

Sisi, you are the son of a characterless mother. Egypt has changed today....for the worst.

@Yzd Khalifa

You are the last person i expected to defend the butchering of Egyptians by its Army. You have left me disappointed this time.

Yes the new junta is good for your 'interests' , does it also mean that if Sharif who's also good for your 'interests' starts butchering us tomorrow, you'll defend him too, just because he does your bidding?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never did my friend :no:

Please go through my posts again. As for Shiref, he's nothing more than a rat, he won't do such thing to Pakistan :agree:
Sisi, you are the son of a charachterless mother. Egypt has changed today....for the worst.

@Yzd Khalifa

You are the last person i expected to defend the butchering of Egyptians by its Army. You have left me disappointed this time.

Yes the new junta is good for your 'interests' , does it also mean that if Sharif who's also good for your 'interests' starts butchering us tomorrow, you'll defend him too, just because he does your bidding?

Pro-Morsi supporters allegedly kill 11 police officers in Kurdasa police station. Warning graphic.

Two military personnel allegedly assassinated by pro-Moris supporters in Alisma3iliya.

601431_419194948191738_1186086007_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom