What's new

Maryam Nawaz, Capt Safdar acquitted in Avenfield reference

Zahir hai when the NAB prosecutor does not know whether he is the prosecutor or the defendant to yehi hoga.

Anyways, the conviction verdict was a bit weak in itself.

This is what happens when you try and convict someone not because of the crimes they commit but because of political expediency. These sort of loopholes are deliberately left open so that the cases can be quashed or reopened at an opportune time.

The sad part is, after 6 years we still do not know who owns the apartments, or where the money came from, or when were they bought. Itni der to Al Capone ki investigation main nhn lagi thi.

N league says apartment was bought in 1992. Bara sharif bablu says he lives in a rented apartment and pays quarterly rent. Maryam says mere ya mere bhaion kay naam koi property nhn hai. Chota bablu then comes on and says Alhamdulillah meri hamsheera kay naam hain flats and we bought them in 2006.

Poora tabbar hi jhoota chor hai.

This country is a joke now. If you are a young student, study hard and GTFO, apply for scholarships, or take a loan even (reasonable one ofc). If you can't then hard luck.

As @SQ8 had done long ago, I have also given up all hope.

THey should apply for an extras role at Netflix

Yehi to hamaray justice system ka almiya hai. See my post above.

After 6 years we still don't know who owns the apartments, or when they were bought, or what is their status. It's still a blackhole.

NAB should just F off to be honest.

Each and every case is deliberately made with glaring loopholes so that baad main jab zaroorat paray, to court kay through case khatam karwa do aur doosray par laga do. And the cycle goes on.
بدمعاش اسٹیبلشمنٹ سب سوچ سمجھ کر کھیل کھیلتی ہے۔
Pakistani Estaishment is filthier than Judas Iscariot.
Judas sold Christ for thirty pieces of silver.
These generals have sold whole of Pakistan, sacrifice of our Quaid e Azam and millions of shuhada to save their putrid control of the country.
IK won't accept. New Pakistan won't accept it.

The real problem here is the NAB law itself. It was gifted to the nation by a dictator, to be used as a kludge for prosecuting political opponents as and when necessary, justice be damned, by the military overlords. It keeps the people divided (like here on PDF right now) and the politicians fighting each other. Useful for the Generals but horrible for the nation, like most dictator gifts.

Agree agree.

Having personally seen the results of NAB incompetence to a near and dear, I have no doubt in my mind that NAB needs to be abolished. If not abolished, then completely overhauled. The prosecution is incompetent, the lawyer working at 50,000 is nalayeq, and the IO only interested in getting a plea bargain and showing a recovery. This was not even a political case.

What?! I though you were arguing that there is always hope in another thread up until a few days ago.

I can't think of a better example, so here it is.

When you turn on the geyser in Pakistan, you keep the pilot on when you don't need the heat. So while the pilot is on, the water isn't getting heated.

Mera bhi bas pilot hi on hai...pani nhn garam ho raha :P[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

BTW anyone who has read the verdict, was the acquittal because of the new changes in the NAB law or because of loopholes in the original conviction?

Oh the irony.

I repeat, let's not forget, no one from this chor tabbar has EVEN NOW explained where the flats came from, who bought them, when were they bought. Still no answer.

Hisaab abhi tak nhn dia.

Chota Sharif bablu said they took a mortgage to buy it. To phir dikhao na mortgage documents...

BTW anyone who has read the verdict, was the acquittal because of the new changes in the NAB law or because of loopholes in the original conviction?

Oh the irony.

I repeat, let's not forget, no one from this chor tabbar has EVEN NOW explained where the flats came from, who bought them, when were they bought. Still no answer.

Hisaab abhi tak nhn dia.

Chota Sharif bablu said they took a mortgage to buy it. To phir dikhao na mortgage documents...

I have not read the verdict in detail as of now, so I cannot answer that question.

@Jango The problem here is the NAB law. It is a travesty of justice that requires the accused to prove their innocence, whereas the proper way is for the prosecutor to prove that the accused is guilty (i.e. that the funds used were illegal in this case).

I would disagree here.

Even in the UK Unexplained Wealth Order, the onus is on the accused to prove how he paid the money for his asset.

The prosecutor has to prove that these guys do not have enough means to buy XYZ property. The accused says I do, and he then provides a money trail.

Forget everything else, the Sharif gang has to date not provided a single document except that Qatari letter (which goes against their own statements), which show how they bought the flats. If they had provided that trail and documentation, I would have agreed with you keh yeah, the accused have shown everything they could, ab prosecutor apna kaam karay.

The expert admitted in the court that he used the Calabri Font in 2005 way before the agreement typed, thousands others also downloaded the font.
Lol only corporate research and universities were using it ..those "thousands" had a role on it and it was not released for public or part of any product by then.
Maryam should have produced that software used to type the document but she failed to do so.do the excuse doesn't even apply.
Besides there are so many loopholes within this judgement as well that once nab is revamped.. this case will be reopened .

Last edited:
Dumbo Patwari idiots trying to portray Mariam drama queen as innocent, when in reality NAB powers have been stripped therefore Mariam was bound to be free.

Dumbo Patwari's can make a fool of others but not me.

Pakistani awaam deserves these crooks. For decades people have been worshipping these thieves who have made their home in the UK but go to Pakistan to rule over jahils.
To those who think Allah has helped them should think long and hard about whether they are actually following Islam at all. You are supporting people who have lied and cheated and changed the NAB laws to clear their cases.

The Sharif's used to sell gutter caps and got a contract for tube wells that made them rich. They were actually Mazdoor.
actually I have a video of their humble beginning it began with selling ice then metql kabar. then full own kabaria's to lohar.

1664480522159.png

Accountability process is being used as a political weapon in Pakistan. Real cases of corruption are made on the corrupt and fake cases are made on those who are not corrupt, so that all look equally corrupt. And when the time comes, NRO should be given in political bargaining with the corrupt.
This is what has been happening for 75 years

Even in the UK Unexplained Wealth Order, the onus is on the accused to prove how he paid the money for his asset.

The prosecutor has to prove that these guys do not have enough means to buy XYZ property. The accused says I do, and he then provides a money trail.

That is not how a UWO works. It is merely a civil investigational tool meant to force the owner of a property located within its jurisdiction to disclose the funds used to acquire said property so that it can be shown to be not from Proceeds of Criminal Activity. If such a source cannot be shown, then the burden of prosecution still falls the relevant statutory agency filing the UWO. Please note that the UWO is rendered ineffective as soon as a defendant can provide an explanation for the source of their wealth. That is all. A conviction and a sentence of any crime proven must follow the remainder of the legal process.

Accountability process is being used as a political weapon in Pakistan. Real cases of corruption are made on the corrupt and fake cases are made on those who are not corrupt, so that all look equally corrupt. And when the time comes, NRO should be given in political bargaining with the corrupt.

We can all thank the dictators of Pakistan for this situation.

Back
Top Bottom