What's new

Mark II to be a world winner: DRDO

^vijayantas and t-55 are long retired/converted into support vehicles....get ur facts right...about 50-60% of the t-72 fleet has been upgraded with thermal imaging...and other improvements as per CI ajeya standards....get ur facts right....the t-90s have catherine fc imagers....and a swedish aps. also... The arjun can take t-72 125mm rounds at point blank....THe t-90 again, could survive multiple hits from similar weapons without the era. A lot of modern 125mm ammo, russian/israeli were used. .... The guns on the the pakistani tanks in service arent to0 different........ab samajh lo bhai..

Any body before criticizing DRDO think about Agni series , BMD and many achievements :angry: Too much burden on DRDO guys . Its also lack of resources for DRDO .

Without criticism how will they realise not to make the same mistakes again and again? But in India's case the Babus are as responsible as the org here.. They should have directed the development in sync with all the stake holders, we would have seen bigger numbers in the Army.. (I'm sad that our first tank is just making it through because it does not fit into the equation as it should have)

Every body did what they felt like, I'm not saying Arjun is not a good tank and I have appreciated DRDO in its many projects..

Yup, if they do something good, people think that's why they are paid for, but if they fail, hue n cry all over the country, failure is essential part of R&D....ask those who have done some research in their life.

But if they fail due to negligence, then they should be penalized.

You are right in saying that they are paid to do that, however over estimating capabilities, giving ambitious statements and then not delivering on time knowing your capabilities is considered a blowhard.. That needs to stop, let them do things and give only generic statements for the mental masturbation of our beloved Mantrijis - believe me the general public does not give a **** even if Arjun flies...

I will try to make it simple :)
A tank commander will like the enemy tank shell bounce off his tank rather than making his tank more suitable for transport won't he ??? Arjun definatly cross the weight limit but still it's the Best tank in India. Some people are purposefully bringing this up. May be its something profitable for them. But the day trial videos will leak all of them will STFU. So no worries mate :D
We have a lot of T-90s and we have ordered alot too and if I am correct IA is going to convert all T-90s to current MS standards. So instead of having more T-90s we definatly go for Arjun. A mixed formation of both will bring the hell on enemy armour

Dude, I will make it more simpler,

In one particular test in the famed 'Arjun outgunning and outrunning T-90' trial there was a test in which the tank had to stop , very briefly, at a particular place, target and fire. Arjun could do it without stopping and hit the target with a better accuracy..

The crew of Arjun was not changed in a full day of tests but the crew of T-90 was changed twice because they got exhausted.. :) Its just not a Ferrari, its more like a sports car with the luxury of a sedan..

Its a wonderful tank, it could have been better if not for the politics, which should be removed from these organizations which are supposed to innovate (R&D and politics don't gel, at all!)

124 MK-II are yet to be ordered.. And only 124 arjun Mk-I are on order... and out of these 3300... bulk is t-55,vijayantas and t-72... almost all of them are night blind.... and even their ammo is exported from russia and not manufactured in house....
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...4psW4Kjj4PdMBeSiA&sig2=K_u7CxwIfdqOMDkN592OoQ

Only 4 days worth ammo ...

T-55 is in reserve,Vaijayants are already retired.and that "4 days of ammo" quote was on APFSDS rounds due to one Israeli company got banned.but India bought a lot of those from Russia..don't make suicide to see the figures...

Government on overdrive to tide over tanks? ammunition crunch - Times Of India

Without criticism how will they realise not to make the same mistakes again and again? But in India's case the Babus are as responsible as the org here.. They should have directed the development in sync with all the stake holders, we would have seen bigger numbers in the Army.. (I'm sad that our first tank is just making it through because it does not fit into the equation as it should have)

You feel their capability would improve if you criticize ? Despite comments , They will do their best . Failures are common in R&D . DRDO is under pressure with too many projects . We need new independent R&D organizations including private firms . You cant expect product to be world class when you are making it for the first time . You cant always blame babus , the problem is lack of resources which might be man power or technology

Dude, I will make it more simpler,

In one particular test in the famed 'Arjun outgunning and outrunning T-90' trial there was a test in which the tank had to stop , very briefly, at a particular place, target and fire. Arjun could do it without stopping and hit the target with a better accuracy..

The crew of Arjun was not changed in a full day of tests but the crew of T-90 was changed twice because they got exhausted.. :) Its just not a Ferrari, its more like a sports car with the luxury of a sedan..

Its a wonderful tank, it could have been better if not for the politics, which should be removed from these organizations which are supposed to innovate (R&D and politics don't gel, at all!)
ya I know that test too :D
Final scores were
T-90 - 6 of 10
Arjun - 8 of 10

More interesting will be the Mark-2 test results. Dam waiting for them :D

You feel their capability would improve if you criticize ?

Who knows, maybe! Am I not allowed to?

Despite comments , They will do their best . Failures are common in R&D .
Agreed.

DRDO is under pressure with too many projects .

You cant always blame babus , the problem is lack of resources which might be man power or technology

Lack of resources leads to pressure due to many projects, so does that mean no one is at fault?

Who is at fault?

We need new independent R&D organizations including private firms .
Agreed and we are on the same page, as I said in my previous comment

You cant expect product to be world class when you are making it for the first time .
As I said, making statements that 'it is world class' is a mistake repeated quite frequently..

arjun might not be a world winner, but will surely be a crrazy *** tank. better not mess with it. india is not on par in 3rd gen tanks. time to work ahead.

Who knows, maybe! Am I not allowed to?
Lack of resources leads to pressure due to many projects, so does that mean no one is at fault?
Who is at fault?
As I said, making statements that 'it is world class' is a mistake repeated quite frequently..
Your criticism would only make your throat pain , no change in DRDO . I dont mean you , but in general .

There is no single factor for the fault . One cant blame some one in particular but as i said lack of HR in R&D is a serious problem for us . You cant blame govt for that when many people prefer better jobs when some one pays them heavily .

World class doesnt mean its top , we can use that term if it is up to the expectations . For Example Tejas , Jf-17 , Gripen can too be termed as world class .

nope,Arjun specific goods train is already inducted.and Arjun's speed is better in off-road too..i don't know why some members are freaking out,but its IA who ordered something that is bound to be heavier.and transportation of tanks is not DRDO's problem.In our Country most of the bridges can't carry upto 30 ton.most roads aren't build for 20 tons vehicle.so,where they can't use heavy tanks,they'll use AFV,Light Tanks etc.and where they can use these tanks,they will use it.a tank doesn't have to climb mountains or swim river.they will be provided right route to cross Rivers.that goes for soft grounds too.Engineering corps is responsible to check these issues.Arjun MK II will be used in Pak border and Plains.don't worry about their transportation.

that is what I said. Problem is not the transportation any more. Problem is with the tank itself which is not meeting the IA's specifications.

124 MK-II are yet to be ordered.. And only 124 arjun Mk-I are on order... and out of these 3300... bulk is t-55,vijayantas and t-72... almost all of them are night blind.... and even their ammo is exported from russia and not manufactured in house....
http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...4psW4Kjj4PdMBeSiA&sig2=K_u7CxwIfdqOMDkN592OoQ

Only 4 days worth ammo ...

The trials are still going on and any errors which come out will be rectified and the tank will tried again. And about the ammo thing, IA is more cautious than us about this matter.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom