What's new

Mark II to be a world winner: DRDO

What's the big fuss.. Its our Arjun and its a world winner for us... N'Joy

MK-2 isn't Armour addition. Definatly equipment load is increased but it won't be touching 60 tonnes.
It's definatly over 50 tonnes. We will have to wait till the official announcement but Mark-2 weight is around 52/54 Tonnes.

That's the only problem IA is putting forward. But I think we will see the new Train carriers for Arjun
If you don't know Mark-1 test results , Arjun outrun and out gun T-90s. T-72 shells bounce away from the Mark-1 Armour. In running and night hit competition Mark-1 defeat T-90 with clear lead

Col. Shukla said that IA wants improvements in Arjun which will increase its weight to 65 tons

a big tank like Arjun cant weigh just 52-54 tons

it will weigh close to/more than 60 tons

heared that it will weight close to 65 tonnes

arjun is a great tank in the catagory leo2

i am more into western bulky armour tanks
with capability of firing long rod penetrator

Col. Shukla said that IA wants improvements in Arjun which will increase its weight to 65 tons

Yes Arjun is big Tank, Look at the size and compare it to APC and T72

sudarshan-shakti-071211-04_025254.jpg

If it is bigger, It will be heavier..

Any body before criticizing DRDO think about Agni series , BMD and many achievements :angry: Too much burden on DRDO guys . Its also lack of resources for DRDO .
Yup, if they do something good, people think that's why they are paid for, but if they fail, hue n cry all over the country, failure is essential part of R&D....ask those who have done some research in their life.

But if they fail due to negligence, then they should be penalized.

T-90 is around 47.5/48 tonnes.
Arjun Mark 1 with old Kanchan armour ( hope it's the right name) is around 57/60 tonnes ( unofficial news )

As far as I know Mark-2 will come with Armour modification and extra systems. Armour modification is supposed to be composite material for weight reduction( mainly internal armour and protection plates ). So I just put the figure 52/54 tonnes. in worst case it will be near 60 but I doubt it will cross Mark-1 weight

We will have to wait for the official announcement of the trails. The unofficial news is Mark-2 perform outstandingly in June-July Tests.

Advanced explosive reactive armour [ERA] has been incorporated for additional protection for the tank and its crew.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/196080-mark-ii-world-winner-drdo.html#ixzz20xxVa4Uv
Initially I thought that the KANCHAN composite armor that the MKI version sported was much more advanced than the ERA!!I do not know but it seems as if this ERA addition undermines the capabilities of the KANCHAN in a way.Are they just adding the ERA for additional protection or are they replacing the KANCHAN with ERA?? Someone please throw some light. . . .

this is arjun bridge layer...

arjun_blt.jpg

Arjun BLT Armored Bridgelayer | Military-Today.com

size of this bridge is 24-26m.
Yes my friend I have seen it infact I post this link :) My question was about Kartik ABL. Is it the same ???
I have seen a new Bridge layer being transported. It look same as above but has 3 layers. So thought it might be the Bridge acetophenol was taking about it would be 36-39m. Will snap it next time.

nope,Arjun specific goods train is already inducted.and Arjun's speed is better in off-road too..i don't know why some members are freaking out,but its IA who ordered something that is bound to be heavier.and transportation of tanks is not DRDO's problem.In our Country most of the bridges can't carry upto 30 ton.most roads aren't build for 20 tons vehicle.so,where they can't use heavy tanks,they'll use AFV,Light Tanks etc.and where they can use these tanks,they will use it.a tank doesn't have to climb mountains or swim river.they will be provided right route to cross Rivers.that goes for soft grounds too.Engineering corps is responsible to check these issues.Arjun MK II will be used in Pak border and Plains.don't worry about their transportation.
Perfect :)

No one is freaking out, we are just discussing mate. The discussion turned to the load capability of the existing platforms as there is some news that Arjun Mark 2 will be heavier than 60 tons..

Now, Im sure that for Arjun Mark 1 itself lot of changes were done.. My contention was that we should have made a tank in the class of T-90S to have been used widely.. My contention is NOT that it is a useless tank!

I will try to make it simple :)
A tank commander will like the enemy tank shell bounce off his tank rather than making his tank more suitable for transport won't he ??? Arjun definatly cross the weight limit but still it's the Best tank in India. Some people are purposefully bringing this up. May be its something profitable for them. But the day trial videos will leak all of them will STFU. So no worries mate :D
We have a lot of T-90s and we have ordered alot too and if I am correct IA is going to convert all T-90s to current MS standards. So instead of having more T-90s we definatly go for Arjun. A mixed formation of both will bring the hell on enemy armour

Yes my friend I have seen it infact I post this link :) My question was about Kartik ABL. Is it the same ???
I have seen a new Bridge layer being transported. It look same as above but has 3 layers. So thought it might be the Bridge acetophenol was taking about it would be 36-39m. Will snap it next time.

Perfect :)

actuall Karthik ABL is alder than this.thats why I posted it.even though it is not that much long,we can always make this kind of (Bailey,Pontoon)bridge..

%B5%B5%C7%CF%C1%DF%C0%CE%20%C0%CE%B5%B5%B1%BA%20T-72M1.jpg

Do not know about other aspect, but it seems like drdo is trained in batolebagi subject. I find these people speak big too often.

Worlds best, world beaters etc are so loosely used by them.

Back
Top Bottom