What's new

Marines issue: Italy may recall ambassador to India

i replied that way because you first insulted our nation. should i quote your posts insulting us?

since you are asking in good manner i will reply with the same manner.

yes this issue should be resolved through diplomatic ways. we are not evil people. we know how you feel for your soldiers since we have lost so many soldiers in wars. we also have too much respect for our armed forces. they have made highest sacrifices for us. believe me we don't want to put your soldiers in jail. but you should ask for it politely because our politicians also have to answer our people. see behavior of your politicians in this case they were so arrogant.

because of congress government this issue is not solved yet. our new government will surely solve this issue but you should follow our courts otherwise it would be difficult for our government to solve this issue.

if our people gets angry over any thing its difficult for our government to back down. see what happened in INDIAN diplomat issue we didn't back down in front of USA. do you think Italy can make us back down? your politicians are flaming this issue with their actions. they should avoid flaming statements and actions. trust me the current attitude of italian politician will only make this issue worse.

if we have power to decide then within our courts rules marines will be told to give proper compensation to victims families and will be set free. and trust me if you follow our courts this will be final outcome. process is too long i know but that can not be helped. and during this process they are staying in your consulate not in jail. we dont want to put them in jail we just want to solve this case respectfully. India will never make Italy enemy over this issue. Indian government will do anything to avoid sending your soldiers to jail.

but this takes three years already and no sign of progress. Italy did follow so far. We send lawyers and so on. Kts going back and forth. See it from our point of view. Yes our politicians acted foolish, but your court and politicians also act incredible bad and like amateur and make this entire thing worse evry day. Evryone has a breaking point. Do you think USA woukd act like we do in such a case and follow all this since three years? How long do you expect us to wait?

I
India drops death penalty clause as Europe bats for Italian marines - The Hindu
December 16, 2014

“Our societies may be different but recognition of the universal nature of human rights issues is extremely important to both our peoples. I see the enormous challenges and difficulties that face India in terms of human rights issues. I can only encourage you to do everything possible to enable the citizens of your country to enjoy their rights,” he said.

So again India and Indian people will show tolerance towards other nations.
I'm not sure if I said any different.

i replied that way because you first insulted our nation. should i quote your posts insulting us?

since you are asking in good manner i will reply with the same manner.

yes this issue should be resolved through diplomatic ways. we are not evil people. we know how you feel for your soldiers since we have lost so many soldiers in wars. we also have too much respect for our armed forces. they have made highest sacrifices for us. believe me we don't want to put your soldiers in jail. but you should ask for it politely because our politicians also have to answer our people. see behavior of your politicians in this case they were so arrogant.

because of congress government this issue is not solved yet. our new government will surely solve this issue but you should follow our courts otherwise it would be difficult for our government to solve this issue.

if our people gets angry over any thing its difficult for our government to back down. see what happened in INDIAN diplomat issue we didn't back down in front of USA. do you think Italy can make us back down? your politicians are flaming this issue with their actions. they should avoid flaming statements and actions. trust me the current attitude of italian politician will only make this issue worse.

if we have power to decide then within our courts rules marines will be told to give proper compensation to victims families and will be set free. and trust me if you follow our courts this will be final outcome. process is too long i know but that can not be helped. and during this process they are staying in your consulate not in jail. we dont want to put them in jail we just want to solve this case respectfully. India will never make Italy enemy over this issue. Indian government will do anything to avoid sending your soldiers to jail.

Diplomatic solution?

Has human live become something to trade with now?

Since when is the government above the law?

The courts shall decide whether they are guilty or not... and not set free for money.

but this takes three years already and no sign of progress. Italy did follow so far. We send lawyers and so on. Kts going back and forth. See it from our point of view. Yes our politicians acted foolish, but your court and politicians also act incredible bad and like amateur and make this entire thing worse evry day. Evryone has a breaking point. Do you think USA woukd act like we do in such a case and follow all this since three years? How long do you expect us to wait?
I agree with you our courts are outdated and many of our laws are from British period. I can understand your frustration. 3 years is not small time period. But direct confronting with our courts is neither going to help. We need to find solution together. As I read on news Italian governments has given some proposal and our government is thinking over it. Our foreign minister told this to loksabha( upper house of Congress ). Let's hope some positive outcome comes from it.

Diplomatic solution?

The courts shall decide whether they are guilty or not... and not set free for money.
I can understand what you are saying.
But my friend in geopolitics and in nations interest we have to think and act above human emotions.
Italy is not small country. It's trillion dollars economy. They are member of European union. And most importantly they are always friendly towards us.
If we don't solve this diplomatically we will ruin our relationship with European countries. We are not developed or self reliant economy. We still need largest trading partners like European countries. They will also suffer without us but sadly not that much as we will suffer.
And I am not saying just let them go. But we should find way under our laws so that both of us will have respectful solution of this issue.

I agree with you our courts are outdated and many of our laws are from British period. I can understand your frustration. 3 years is not small time period. But direct confronting with our courts is neither going to help. We need to find solution together. As I read on news Italian governments has given some proposal and our government is thinking over it. Our foreign minister told this to loksabha( upper house of Congress ). Let's hope some positive outcome comes from it.

I hope so. Because we cant wait a 4th year over this. Its counterproductive. We have similar mentallity regarding military...look after it happened our media did also talk about the two victims and were sorry. Butbthe longer thisntakes the victims point of view is not in peoples mind here anymore. India is shown in bad light in right wing media, radical party like Lega Nord uses all this to blackmail india as primitive banana republic and so on. Dont judge about this, because you know you have such things too. its normal behavior.

look...i know what happened was bad. Our soldiers made a bad decission and two people died. We had a similar case in italy when an american fighter pilot did fly to deep and cut the cable of a cable car. Many people died there. People also demanded justice. USA paid compensations and this was solved behind closed doors.

italy and india always had friendly relations and never any bad blood between us. I find it bad how quick this eroded.

Diplomatic solution?

Compensation will be given on behalf of that company and the Italian Government because those Italian marines will not have so much money to give in compensation and this is common sense Now here the Supreme Court of India will think even about the families of those marines. Indian Courts have always gave verdicts by keeping the human angle but the Indian nation is asking this question again and again to our system for how long we will think about other nations when in other nations we Indians are not seen as human beings.

indian courts have no power over italian soldiers. Italy said more than ince, that it does not accept this procedure and does not acknowledge this court. The EU, UN, USA agree with this.

Mi amici, your sailors were in our territorial warers . we have the coordinates to prove it. Had this been outside our waters we have no power then. I will agree.

But 40km off port Kochi is certainly our waters. And this is about court verdict. I am sure Rasmussen, Obama and Merkel would not be thinking about you as they have their own countries to sort out.

There is no reason for politics here. Our firmer ruler was Italian born and could have simply got them out. But the evidence against the men were so string that they had to given in to the court orders. Our court system is independent of the ruling government and rule of law has to be followed.

Whether EU, UNO or USA recognise it or job is not a concern to us.

But 40km off port Kochi is certainly our waters. And this is about court verdict. I am sure Rasmussen, Obama and Merkel would not be thinking about you as they have their own countries to sort out.

The Supreme Court had ruled that the incident took place at a distance of nearly 20.5 nautical miles from the coastline of Kerala and, therefore, it occurred not within the territorial waters of the coastline of Kerala state but within the Contiguous Zone.

Section 5 of the Maritime Zones Act establishes a 24 NM Contiguous Zone of India and empowers the Central Government to “exercise such powers and take such measures in or in relation to the contiguous zone as it may consider necessary with respect to,- (a) the security of India, and (b) immigration, sanitation, customs and other fiscal matters.” It also empowers the government to extend to the Contiguous Zone any law in respect of (a) and (b). There is evidently no reference to extension of coastal criminal jurisdiction to the Contiguous Zone.

The Supreme Court had ruled that the incident took place at a distance of nearly 20.5 nautical miles from the coastline of Kerala and, therefore, it occurred not within the territorial waters of the coastline of Kerala state but within the Contiguous Zone.

Section 5 of the Maritime Zones Act establishes a 24 NM Contiguous Zone of India and empowers the Central Government to “exercise such powers and take such measures in or in relation to the contiguous zone as it may consider necessary with respect to,- (a) the security of India, and (b) immigration, sanitation, customs and other fiscal matters.” It also empowers the government to extend to the Contiguous Zone any law in respect of (a) and (b). There is evidently no reference to extension of coastal criminal jurisdiction to the Contiguous Zone.
So... the incident happened in international waters! India kidnapped Italian marines. Now they are getting humiliated for their arrogance!

So... the incident happened in international waters! India kidnapped Italian marines. Now they are getting humiliated for their arrogance!

Its even comes under territorial waters and Indian Maritime Act 1976 is applied on it.
493px-Zonmar-en.svg.png

you italians are stupid, ignorant people. first you killed our innocent people and now instead of apologizing you are bashing us. who the hell are you calling us 3rd world country? just compare Italy with India and see who is better. you are country of beggars. begging to EU to save your ***. you are bashing our space program so tell me what do you got? do italy owns a single rocket of its own? have you build a single satellite of your own? do you have your own SLV? we have every thing of our own. you are nothing in front of us.always hiding behind EU you bloody beggars.
just do some research and see difference between Indian and italy's military. Italy will pay for its ignorance and arrogance.

You must be thinking of Italians as the servants in the Indian superpower video. LOL

No one cares a flying F what Italy recognizes or doesn't. Send him back, or face the consequences.

So what can India do if the soldier is not sent back?

You must be thinking of Italians as the servants in the Indian superpower video. LOL

So what can India do if the soldier is not sent back?

No one knows. But it seems whatever it is, it does not seem like it worries our leaders

Maybe Modi summons his ancient vedic aliens. Or Pikachu

Markus is right that the EU is pretty much behind Italy, and this incident could have serious repercussions for the EU/India relationship. The thing is, it has become a issue of pride for both countries now.

I hope things are solved amicably.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom