What's new

Marine assaults a Pakistani family in NY, tries to grab their baby then brags about killing Iraqis

RFS_Br

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
514ad803f138d35bfef25fda04e4bbca.jpg

A Pakistani family was allegedly attacked by a violent former Marine during an afternoon stroll to the park — at least the second anti-Muslim hate crime in Brooklyn in as many weeks, the Daily News has learned.

Shabana Chaudhry, 29, who’s nine months pregnant, was walking to a playground with her two-year-old son in a stroller, not far from her Marine Park home on Sept. 6, when they were allegedly accosted by Andrew Laina.

“What are you doing in my neighborhood? Get out, Arab,” he yelled at the woman, who was wearing traditional garb, court papers charge. He then decked her husband Muhammad Rizwan, 29, who immigrated to the U.S. just a month ago, and tried to grab their son, Talha.

“It was really scary,” Chaudhry said, adding the offender was persistent and clearly intoxicated.

“He wasn’t fighting with anyone else, but he wouldn’t leave us alone,” she said.

“I didn’t expect something like this,” said Rizwan, who was thrown to the ground but escaped without injuries.

10c6849a07558c08a31816bbf4537bda.jpg

A former Marine Andrew Laina (pictured) allegedly yelled at Shabana Chaudhry to get out of the neighborhood as she walked to a Marin Park playground then decked her husband Muhammad Rizwan.

“It was not my intention to fight.”

Cops responded and cuffed Laina, a known nuisance with a lengthy rap sheet.

“I am not the enemy. They are terrorists,” the criminal complaint quoted him as telling police. “I am a Marine. I was in Iraq. I killed 14 people.”

Laina, 28 is facing up to four years in prison for assault as a hate crime. His Facebook page shows him dozing off while wearing fatigues and crawling in muck.

The disgraceful defendant had pleaded guilty to petty crimes at least five times over the past two years, doing a few weeks in jail at most, records show.

ae6111a3938d5f5493558500a4e7fcd0.jpg

A former Marine Andrew Laina (pictured) allegedly accosted a Pakistani family and tried to grab their two-year-old boy who was in a stroller.

“He should definitely not be out on the streets until he’s safe for the kids in the neighborhood,” Chaudhry said.

Her experience was reminiscent of what happened to Arab activist Linda Sarsour, who was also wearing a hijab when a neighborhood boozer in Bay Ridge last week spouted expletives and allegedly threatened to behead her and a colleague.

The accused attacker in that incident has also been slapped with bias crime charges.

Chaudhry said she sometimes overhears a hateful racial remark, but never experienced any violence.

“We’ve never had a problem before. It’s safe,” she said of the neighborhood where she has lived for the past five years.

“At least we thought it was safe.”

EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Marine busted in hate assault of Pakistani family - NY Daily News

Post war Trauma Disorder. :sick:

This was not a race crime. He attacked them precisely because he fought, saw comrades killed and himself killed people in Iraq. Post traumatic stress disorder is very real.

Also, if he tried to take the baby, he would have - soldiers can do that easily from the hands of a civilian. He could not means he did not. The guy needs treatment and perhaps needs to serve some time.

This guy will perhaps have to carry the hell he saw to himself. Wars fck people up. Having fought 'Arabs' in life or death situations has ingrained in him the necessity to take on everyone looking like one. This stems from insecurity and paranoia - both mental disorders that requires treatment.

Last edited:
don't blame him...

he was trying to bring "freedom" in the form of death threats to the family

God i wish i was there so i could punch him so hard his brain cells die

scum bag racist garbage .

marine my a$$ , a fatty dork can take a swing at him

Most of the soldiers fighting on the active hostile frontlines are pretty much violent. They need support now otherwise it will be too late. But btw whoever deals with the terrorists on large scale is bound get their thinking system whackked. Thank you.

He could not means he did not.
Well the article also says he was intoxicated....maybe needs to change his drugs...

Having fought 'Arabs' in life or death situations has ingrained in him the necessity to take on everyone looking like one. This stems from insecurity and paranoia - both mental disorders that requires treatment.
Yes but I guess it should be the responsibility of the dept to actually debrief and also provide help for such cases.....coz no one will admit they are "sick"

The disgraceful defendant had pleaded guilty to petty crimes at least five times over the past two years, doing a few weeks in jail at most, records show.
Not sure why no one thought that he needs help....

I was just about to write someone forgot to take his pills....but yea:

sums it up
by putting this guy in jail is not going to solve the case. He may be in need of mentol and family support because if a trained person goes down like this there is certainly no problem with the guy, rather problem lies on the system how did he landed up in this condition. As per article it seems he was normal but after returning from war against terror he has lost himself. how many similer soldieds are lying there in US. are you going to put them all in jail instead of finding more better solution? Even we Indian and Pakistani people do have such suffering soldiers among us who are hidden due to fear of mainstream people. thank you.

Well the article also says he was intoxicated....maybe needs to change his drugs...

Yes but I guess it should be the responsibility of the dept to actually debrief and also provide help for such cases.....coz no one will admit they are "sick"

Anyway, now he is staring at a serious time behind bars. May do him some good in the end. People like him are more a threat to themselves than to others. The family attacked is also safe mercifully.

Hate crimes/race crimes fall in a different category. Neo Nazis, Ku Klux Klans etc - they will attack mercilessly and not selectively target a supposedly Arab looking couple in a multural park in a city.

He may be in need of mentol and family support because if a trained person goes down like this there is certainly no problem with the guy
After fighting a war, anybody can break down. Does not matter how experienced/brave you are. I don't believe anyone is brave in any case, but that's another matter.

couldn't agree more on this. You have nailed the problem exactly. Thank you.

Unless all those crimes were against Muslim or Muslim looking people, it is reasonable to assume that this man has a general problem with the law.

Anyway, now he is staring at a serious time behind bars. May do him some good in the end. People like him are more a threat to themselves than to others. The family attacked is also safe mercifully.

Hate crimes/race crimes fall in a different category. Neo Nazis, Ku Klux Klans etc - they will attack mercilessly and not selectively target a supposedly Arab looking couple in a multural park in a city.

After fighting a war, anybody can break down. Does not matter how experienced/brave you are. I don't believe anyone is brave in any case, but that's another matter.
Yes problem seems similer. My cousin made a call 3 to 4 days back and he was really vilent on the phone. Later in the day my family came to know he had just returned from a anti terror operation. So he was under its effect. And he is really good in nature and speaking manners to say this least. This is just last week end event in my family. Hope every one gets the idea of danger. Every soldier faces the same problem if he or she is on active frontlines. Thank you.

Unless all those crimes were against Muslim or Muslim looking people, it is reasonable to assume that this man has a general problem with the law.
mate the basic reason is he is against the Islamic terror and as the lady dress resembled that, that's why may be he lost his senses. It still can't be put under hate crime as he didn't hated similer people before going to Iraq. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom