What's new

Maps of empires at their Peak

And combine to Both make Salauddin. Check his invasion of Karak and even enemies of his time respect him. You accept it or not but history treat him one of the greatest general of all time and even today's world all general don't go for hand to hand combat and they always lead the army and used WAR TACTICS to win the battle.

And about your comment can you please name few Generals who is not a Tactician?

Saladin, 1137/8-1193

He was a good tactician,not an all time great.He was better strategist and leader.Khalid and baibars are better tacticians than him.
Zhukov is an example of average tactician but briliant strategist and organizer.Another is philip of france,who incidentally was a contemporary of saladin and even made a brief crusade tour.Pompey is another prominent example.

The longest and the largest country to exist ever ...

From East sea to the west sea ...spanning 12 time zones ....

In terms of a modern nation state, yes.

But the largest empire ever was the Mongol Empire. Surprised that no one posted it yet.

@AUSTERLITZ will you make a Battle report involving the Mongols? Would be interesting to read more about their strategies and tactics
800pxmongolempireaccuratefinal.png

He was a good tactician,not an all time great.He was better strategist and leader.Khalid and baibars are better tacticians than him.
Zhukov is an example of average tactician but briliant strategist and organizer.Another is philip of france,who incidentally was a contemporary of saladin and even made a brief crusade tour.Pompey is another prominent example.

Go and read history again and again until you understand the exist situation. Let me put in this way in present days the whole NATO is attaching a small country like Egypt and ratio of army is 1:6 and these 6 times army is fully equip. Now you need to defend you self and also defeat them and retrieve your area's which was capture by them 100 year ago.

Anyone have guts to achieve that? Grow up and come up with solid proof and your own view is nothing but a piece of bullshit

Last edited:
AUSTERLITZ said:
Tactician and general are different words.

Muslims were never united under Saladin he was also fighting with Zangai son king of Syria and in south with Sudan black people and also civil war in Egypt... Then fighting with whole Europe at same time.... The General of his army were worst almost 50% were secretly involved crusaders for money.... But his spy chief was one of the reason of his success.....

Go and read history again and again until you understand the exist situation. Let me put in this way in present days the whole NATO is attaching a small country like Egypt and ratio of army is 1:6 and these 6 times army is fully equip. Now you need to defend you self and also defeat them and retrieve your area's which was capture by them 100 year ago.

Anyone have guts to achieve that? Grow up and come up with solid proof and your own view is nothing but a piece of bullshit

Rubbish comparison.Saladin always outnumbered the crusaders.The original third crusade would have brought leopold of austria,philip of france,richard of england and the most powerful of all emperor frederick barbarossa of germany into the crusade which would have been overwhelming.Barabrossa died enroute and his army turned back,philip and leopold only stayed briefly returning to europe to pursue their own interests,only richard stayed and made a concerted effort.

In terms of a modern nation state, yes.

But the largest empire ever was the Mongol Empire. Surprised that no one posted it yet.

@AUSTERLITZ will you make a Battle report involving the Mongols? Would be interesting to read more about their strategies and tactics
800pxmongolempireaccuratefinal.png

The first battle report was on mongols.It was very basic in scope,i will make a detailed one on the mongol invasion of eastern europe.

Rubbish comparison.Saladin always outnumbered the crusaders.The original third crusade would have brought leopold of austria,philip of france,richard of england and the most powerful of all emperor frederick barbarossa of germany into the crusade which would have been overwhelming.Barabrossa died enroute and his army turned back,philip and leopold only stayed briefly returning to europe to pursue their own interests,only richard stayed and made a concerted effort.

Wonder what would have happened had emperor barbrossa and his massive army managed to reach the middle east. He died along the way, and just this one event changed the course of crusader history.

love reading your battle reports. Also if you have time please do some report involving the great battles fought in India.

The first battle report was on mongols.It was very basic in scope,i will make a detailed one on the mongol invasion of eastern europe.

LOL wikipedia affect victim. Even enemy of his time respect him so your comment baseless. CASE CLOSED

LOL wikipedia affect victim. Even enemy of his time respect him so your comment baseless. CASE CLOSED

Of course they respected him,he was a great leader and a chivalrous man ....what does that have to do with being an all time great tactician?Man ur getting confused.Let me put this straight-to be an all time great tactician u need multiple very good/briliant battlefield victories using manuever/deception.Khalid was one,genghis,subutai,tamerlane,napoleon,hannibal,caesar,alexander,belisarius,scipio,wellington,marlborough,frederick,suvorov.Saladin doesn't have anywhere near impressive tactical victories as these guys-hattin for its brilliance was a strategic triumph where he used logistics to win the day..he eventually beat off richard using the same tactics.Khalid is the all time greatest muslim battlefield commander..only serious competition would be tamerlane.I would still pick khalid because he had lesser resources at his disposal than taimur and no access to horse archer hordes.After that baibars,saladin,mehmet,babur,bayezid,suleiman these guys come in.

Of course they respected him,he was a great leader and a chivalrous man ....what does that have to do with being an all time great tactician?Man ur getting confused.Let me put this straight-to be an all time great tactician u need multiple very good/briliant battlefield victories using manuever/deception.Khalid was one,genghis,subutai,tamerlane,napoleon,hannibal,caesar,alexander,belisarius,scipio,wellington,marlborough,frederick,suvorov.Saladin doesn't have anywhere near impressive tactical victories as these guys-hattin for its brilliance was a strategic triumph where he used logistics to win the day..he eventually beat off richard using the same tactics.Khalid is the all time greatest muslim battlefield commander..only serious competition would be tamerlane.I would still pick khalid because he had lesser resources at his disposal than taimur and no access to horse archer hordes.After that baibars,saladin,mehmet,babur,bayezid,suleiman these guys come in.

Did you read his battle in Kerak, Jordon

Did you read his battle in Kerak, Jordon

Not a battle,siege.Which isn't really tactically brilliant.He tried 2 times ...but had to withdraw on both occasions.on 3rd attempt he succeeded that too with a vastly suprior force.

Against this..

At the battle of montgisard mere 500 templars and few thousand infantry routed his army of 26,000.
Again at arsuf he lost to richard.
So he did have his low points as a tactician.
Compare that with khalid and baibars .

Once again you forget I was not educated in Pakistani governmental schools and secondly like I stated before Pakistanis themselves have petitioned for changes in the textbooks. Not to mention most Pakistanis who actually go to school in Pakistan attend private schools that follow a different medium.

Do you have to reply ? :crazy:

Its 'a' textbook of Pakistan Studies - Can't you gauge the purpose behind these wonderful insights from our neighbors in the East and some extremely concerned Pakistanis in our midst ?

I would imagine that with dozens upon dozens of Boards and with thousands of books on Pakistan Studies the writers and users of such reports would grew some neurons but to no avail ! :(

Heck I used 4 different books on Pakistan Studies written by everyone from a Gora to a Pakistani as did everyone else around me and I can't for the life of me imagine where do half of these 'this is what the Pakistan Studies Curriculum teaches' sh*t comes from ? :unsure:

Do you have to reply ? :crazy:

Its 'a' textbook of Pakistan Studies - Can't you gauge the purpose behind these wonderful insights from our neighbors in the East and some extremely concerned Pakistanis in our midst ?

I would imagine that with dozens upon dozens of Boards and with thousands of books on Pakistan Studies the writers and users of such reports would grew some neurons but to no avail ! :(

Heck I used 4 different books on Pakistan Studies written by everyone from a Gora to a Pakistani as did everyone else around me and I can't for the life of me imagine where do half of these 'this is what the Pakistan Studies Curriculum teaches' sh*t comes from ? :unsure:

This undian indic acts like he is an expert on Pakistan while his source of info are old lollywood movies and songs LOL, if I do not reply than you see what is happening in the thread started by the mexican chick where she is consulting the retard as if he has lived in Pakistan all his life.

This undian indic acts like he is an expert on Pakistan while his source of info are old lollywood movies and songs LOL, if I do not reply than you see what is happening in the thread started by the mexican chick where she is consulting the retard as if he has lived in Pakistan all his life.

I just don't bother anymore; some of them and us are dumber than dodos - I wish they were extinct & the bird wasn't...maybe mother nature got it wrong ! :(

Back
Top Bottom