What's new

Maps about Bangladesh / Bengal

Err I don't know if I read the wrong version of history but I thought It was Mirzafar along with Jagat Seth and some other while both Hindu and Muslims fought for Siraj - Mohan Lal, Mir Madan, Lutuf Khan and Rai Durlabh being the chief generals.

Also during partition Bengalis made top brass of both Congress and Muslim League, surely they could have arm twist Jinnah and Nehru if they wanted.

1. Almost all of history that we have read are based on original Colonial or Vatican commissioned sources. Palestinian writer Eduard Said, Pak-British activist Tariq Ali and some others have opened our eyes. We are now learning astonishing truths through Persian, Turkish and Arabic writings of that period.

2. Yes, Sirajud Dawala was a patriot under whom Muslims, Hindus and even a French contingent led by St. Frais had fought the English. Mir Jafar was the puppet pushed forward because he had grievances against the Nawab's direct family. Jagat Seths (dad Mahtab Chand and son Swarup Chand), Omichund and Rai Durlabh were traitors and ironically their descendants are still rolling in money in Kolkata and India. These Marwaris had not been able to submit accounts of the state to Alivardi Khan, and the discrepancy continued till Siraj. Mohan Lal and Mir Mardan were patriots, the latter dying in the battle.

3. Our leader and hero Netaji Subash had left to take up arms against the imperialists. Suhrowardy and Fazlul Huq were sidelined as was Sarat Bose.

There are Hindu Bhuiyans as well.

There are Munshi, Khan, Majumdar, Talukdar, Chowdhury etc among Hindu Bangali. There are also Sarkar, Pal, Thakur, Biswas, Mandal, Mirdha (not Mirza) among Bangali Muslims. But, this is the first time I have heard of Hindu Bhuyian.

Just remembered, if you go by the Aryan invasion theory then Indians also have Iranian (Indo-Aryan if i am not mistaken) blood in them.

There is no Indo-Arayn race, Indo-Aryan is a linguistic term which is different than Iranic, although both came from same ancestor proto-language.

There's no major change in Indian genetic pool since paleolithic age.

There are Munshi, Khan, Majumdar, Talukdar, Chowdhury etc among Hindu Bangali. There are also Sarkar, Pal, Thakur, Biswas, Mandal, Mirdha (not Mirza) among Bangali Muslims. But, this is the first time I have heard of Hindu Bhuyian.

There are khan hindus?? Are you sure cause i never knew any hindus with khan surname

There are khan hindus?? Are you sure cause i never knew any hindus with khan surname

Not sure about Bengali Hindus, there are a lot of Khan Hindus in U.P. India. The ones in my village are mostly Hindus who were forced to convert to Islam, but converted back to Hinduism when the Islamic rulers left:lol:

Prolly a bs story, but thats what they tell us.

@ Ofcourse it matters on our day to day activities, it matters on our attitude, our behaviour, our politics, our religion and what not.

@ Blood matters a lot and it had been proved many a times. The whole human nature is dependent on blood.

Now, I give some practical example from the people of our country.

1. Noakhali. Basically most of the people of Noakhali are Arab origin. Take for example Begum Khaleda Zia. Her father belongs to Feni(Noakhali) and her mother belongs to Punchagar. Her mother belongs to T-family. This family basically came from Murshidabad (Nobab family). After the fall of Seraj Daullah, british decided to evict the Nobab family of Murshidabad. Some of the elements were evicted from Murshidabad and settled at Punchagar. During the British time this T-family used to get lot of extra facilities like going to London any time and other economic facilities. Khaleda's father's family came from Arab. May be her grand father came from Arab.
The people of Noakhali are basically highly religious minded. Most of the women wears "Burkha" which is missing in North and South Bengal. In Bangladesh each and every village you will find a Noakhali "Imam" who teaches religious matters and leads the prayer. (To be continued)

Noakhali/Chittagong region have nothing to do with Murshidabad, Pathan or Turks. There re Arab traders who settled here through Chittagong.

You are very fond of Arab and speak Urdu too... :undecided: Seems like you are a descendant of Nawab Mir Jafar an Arab.. Just out of curiosity..

1) The exact meaning of Munshi is Secretary. Both Hindus and Muslims worked as Munshi in the govt. They were called as Munshi Sahab. Somehow, it became a family title of both Muslims and Hindu Brahmins. Brahmins were all educated in those days as they are still now, and many of them used to work in high positions.

2) Today, it has become a trend to think that the Khan-titled people are all from Afghanistan. But, it is not always true. Khan is basically a high level title usually bestowed to those by the Govt. who have shown valour in the wars.

But, there were others also who were very highly efficient civil servants and was also given this title during Muslim period. I have found Hindu Khan, but not so many.

Noakhali/Chittagong region have nothing to do with Murshidabad, Pathan or Turks. There re Arab traders who settled here through Chittagong.

You are very fond of Arab and speak Urdu too... :undecided: Seems like you are a descendant of Nawab Mir Jafar an Arab.. Just out of curiosity..

1. Noakhali. There is a great tendency to make grouping among Noakhali people. There are many Arabic words which are being used by the Noakhali people. Now, why the Noakhali people are behaving like this ? As per my assumption since most of the people of Noakhali came from Arab traders and are foreign origin so they are minority here and that is the reason they make grouping among themselves. Most of the Noakhali people are basically anti-India hence anti-AL. In 1946, it was only in Noakhali where riot took place. Since their forefather came to preach Islam in this region so they prefer to continue this sacred duty. You would find whenever any well off Noakhali people, they first will construct a mosque having a good minar resembling Arabian tradition and a "Muktab/Madrasa" beside on it. During the earlier days it was difficult to get married in Noakhali. They always used to prefer the Noakhali boys and girls. They are very rigid in this aspect. Most of the old and aged people used to study "Arbi, Farsi, Urdu" and used to talk in Bengalee only as a "Koththo Basha".

2. Miza Family. Iskander Mirza, the first President of Pakistan came from this family. Mirza Fukrul Islam and his father Mir Ruhul Amin(Chokha Mia, minister during Ershad) also came from this family. Mirza Golam Hafiz(Speaker) Now this family originated from Mir Zafor(Musdhidabad) and this family was later on evicted from Murshibad and settled at Thakurgaon. Most of these people are highly anti -India and hence anti-AL.

3. Other prominent Leaders. Golam Azam's family came from Persia. Mohd Ali of Bogra(PM of Pakistam) came from Persia. Fuzlul Kader Chow of Chittagong, Salam Talukder of Jamalpur, Khan A Sabur Khan, Monem Khan of Mymensigh, Nurul Amin of Mymensingh, Surwardi of Midnapur all came either from Afgan, Persia or Central Asia. Infact all the high family background people have their foreign origin.

4. Chapai Nowabganj. The people of this area are highly educated and labourious. There women folk still works on the field. Their body is stout. Their culture and language is different from other areas of Bengal. Some people eat "Kalai Ruti" which is unknown to the other Bengalee people. Most of the Chapai people collaborrated with the Pakistan Army. Still most of JI seats in this region goes to Jamat. People are basically anti-India and hence anti-AL. It is said that basically these people were initially at Maldaha. But during the continous attack of "Burgies"(Maratha-Jivajee) they crossed the Padma river and settled their. Infact the whole of greater Rajshahi district comes in this region. These are the people who had an Afgan origin. To be more specific, the decendants of "Sher Shah Suri". And today we find most of the Rajshahi are anti-India and hence anti-AL. Almost all the parliamentary seats now -a -days either goes to BNP or Jammat. (To be continued)

Begum Zia an Arab? Her parents last name was Majumdar, I never knew Majumdars are Arab! :/

All said and done, please give me a comprehensive list districts of Bangladesh with mapping to different countries.

Like,
Noyakhali --> Arab
Borishal --> Turkey
Rajshahi --> Afghanistan

Gosh I gotta ask my mom and dad if they are Arab and Turks :lol:

Wow, I used to think that only Pakistanis have this 'I-am-Arab-too' disease.

Btw, my local Trinomool muscleman is a Bhuyian. And he is a Hindu.

Dear iajdani, regards and best wishes. What I am trying to say please read my post and think and just donnot come to an conclusion at once. I am stuying in this subject for the last 17 years. There might be some thruth on it. You have made first "Biharee" and now the decendant of Mir Zafor. No problem ? Why as a nation we cannot come to an amicable settlement on the national issue ????? These are the reasons. You say in 1971 all the 7.5 crore people of Bengal fought together against Pakistan army and liberated this country. I disagree with you. You say around 1 crore people went to India as refugee. I agree, but out of this 1 crore 90 lacs were hindus and rest 10 lacs were AL's direct members, army, police, EPR, some civil officers, students and their families. This division of pro-liberation and anti-liberation would continue till the last unless AL changes its attitude. And their number and supporters are more then AL. It is just a railway line which never joins or meet.

All said and done, please give me a comprehensive list districts of Bangladesh with mapping to different countries.

Like,
Noyakhali --> Arab
Borishal --> Turkey
Rajshahi --> Afghanistan

Gosh I gotta ask my mom and dad if they are Arab and Turks :lol:

@ Abir, be in touch with me I will give you in detail for your information. In some aspects I may be wrong ? Everything cannot be proved.

Begum Zia an Arab? Her parents last name was Majumdar, I never knew Majumdars are Arab! :/

Her own look and the looks of her brothers show this family is a migrant with very little inter-mix. As far as I know in some distant past they lived in Arakan, then immigrated to Bengal. Majumdar is the broken form of the word 'Majmudar.' It is the title of a profession in the older days.

Kanungo is also another such profession, but somehow it has not been a family title like Majmudar has become. Majmudar changed to Majumdar. Both Hindus and Muslims have this family title. This shows some of their ancestors were govt officers during Muslim era. All the govt posts including the military ones were from Persian language in those days. Note that Persia remained the official language until 1832 AD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom