What's new

Maps about Bangladesh / Bengal

Begum Zia an Arab? Her parents last name was Majumdar, I never knew Majumdars are Arab! :/

For your information, the spelling of Majumadar is little flawed in Bengali. It is actually, 'MAJMUDAR.' It is basically a muslim title was taken permanently by some muslim and hindu families during Muslim rule. Like Kanungo, Hazari, Talukdar it is also related to a group of people who were govt assigned officers working with the land and settlement department during Nawabi. So, this is why both muslims and hindus have this title.

For your information, the spelling of Majumadar is little flawed in Bengali. It is actually, 'MAJMUDAR.' It is basically a muslim title was taken permanently by some muslim and hindu families during Muslim rule. Like Kanungo, Hazari, Talukdar it is also related to a group of people who were govt assigned officers working with the land and settlement department during Nawabi. So, this is why both muslims and hindus have this title.

do u know anything about the surname shordar?

Not sure if you are being stupid, or being a troll.

So, this is your only input in an otherwise intelligent thread. If you cannot contribute, then learn something from others and you will get another doctorate from a Thailanian University. But, do not try to derail the thread.

do u know anything about the surname shordar?

We pronounce it as Shordar, but the true spelling is Sardar. I thought it is a Pathan title given to some muslims. I have met a few muslim men from Faridpur (Madaripur) with this title, they look a little different from the proto-type Bangali. But, I also see this title among the Hindus (schedule caste?), and I am not very sure about the root of this title in Bengal among the hindus. Can someone highlight on this?

We pronounce it as Shordar, but the true spelling is Sardar. I thought it is a Pathan title given to some muslims. I have met a few muslim men from Faridpur (Madaripur) with this title, they look a little different from the proto-type Bangali. But, I also see this title among the Hindus (schedule caste?), and I am not very sure about the root of this title in Bengal among the hindus. Can someone highlight on this?

My family is shordar, my dad said our forefathers originally migrated from afghanistan.

My grand father's name was MOLLAH. though my father and uncles stripped this title of, our bari is still known as Mollah Bari..... And i can trace my mother's family had title Bepari! hehe

Its mainly used by traders or village chiefs/politicians.

amar dada'r dada cantonment'r (isapura) jomidar chilo....pora pakistan government cantonment'r jonno shob acquire korsilo...:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom