What's new

Manmohan Singh set to skip CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka

The TN politicians have played a wrong game here cashing in on the sentiments of the local TN populace. Instead the TN politicians should have forced the Indian government for the implementation of 13th amendment - promised to the India by the Rajapakshe which ensured the Indian participation in the SL war and proved crucial in defeating LTTE. Also the TN politicians should have forced Indian government on the abandoning of the 1976 treaty about fishing rights around Katchatheevu which is resulting in some of the deaths of the TN fishermen. TN politicians should play a part in strenghtening the new SL tamil leadership trying to fill the void left by LTTE. PM should have visited CHOGM and in turn visited Jaffna to provide the support for the SL tamil leadership. Instead the foreign policy is a huge mess.

Having stated that, many Indians mentioning internal politics in TN have held hostage the national interests - my question is this - What has Kashmir issue got to do with TN? Why land of Kashmir should be of national interests while it is not going to affect many states including TN but haven't those states including TN support the Kashmir issue and not conceding Kashmir to Pakistan? (whose conceding might have settled the India-Pakistan and not being held a nuclear hostage and target of terrorism)

What has not granting Akshai Chin be of national interest which again would have resolved the issue with China once for all. And what has Akshai Chin got to do with TN or many other states? Haven't TN thrown in the support and have accepted it as national interest?

I can quote numerous examples - at the end of the day India is a federal setup and everyone got to play their part and one can't ignore TN sentiments. TN has been playing their part paying their dues to the federal setup and ignoring the sentiments of a part of a population is dangerous.

On the other hand, if I'm correct Tamil percentage is around 7% (?) in India, so if their voice overrides rest of majority then it's a failure of India.

you mean to say if some group is in minority their opinion shouldn't be heard. :wacko:

Take a look at this video on the BBC site.
BBC News - 'Tamils still being raped and tortured' in Sri Lanka

See how Tamil women are raped and the brutal method of torture they employ on Tamils. I'm not against Sinhalese people. It's good the civil war is over. But is the rape and torture necessary? No army in the world no matter how heated up the war is should employ such tactics during or after the war against their fallen foe. What is wrong is wrong. It should not be justified by saying: Oh we do it too so nothing wrong if SL army does it. If we are doing it, then it's still wrong.
Respect

you mean to say if some group is in minority their opinion shouldn't be heard. :wacko:

No, I meant if the minority voice overrides rest of majority then it's a failure of that country.

--------------
+++++ to all Indians, and for all members.. I'll start a new thread so soon to explain what's actually Tamil issue in Sri Lanka.

see you soon.

Last edited:
The Tamilians have a right to protest as much as they want and you are no one to question them. And PM rejecting the opp to go to CHOGM proves nothing. It is an unimportant event and he's well within it's right to not go there.

Why don't I have a right to question them? If I indeed did want to? The same right applies, does it not? In any case, nowhere have I questioned their right to protest, only that the GOI, imo, has let down Indian interests by being allowed to be browbeaten. Neither have I questioned the PM's right to decide, only the reasoning behind it.

In any case, this is pointless. You are free to your opinion & me to mine. Best to move on.

Why don't I have a right to question them? If I indeed did want to? The same right applies, does it not? In any case, nowhere have I questioned their right to protest, only that the GOI, imo, has let down Indian interests by being allowed to be browbeaten. Neither have I questioned the PM's right to decide, only the reasoning behind it.

In any case, this is pointless. You are free to your opinion & me to mine. Best to move on.

You're statement that GOI, imo, has let down Indian interests by being allowed to be browbeaten. is not substantiated anywhere. There were no real Indian interests to be determined at the CHOGM and I sense bias in your argument.

The TN politicians have played a wrong game here cashing in on the sentiments of the local TN populace. Instead the TN politicians should have forced the Indian government for the implementation of 13th amendment - promised to the India by the Rajapakshe which ensured the Indian participation in the SL war and proved crucial in defeating LTTE. Also the TN politicians should have forced Indian government on the abandoning of the 1976 treaty about fishing rights around Katchatheevu which is resulting in some of the deaths of the TN fishermen. TN politicians should play a part in strenghtening the new SL tamil leadership trying to fill the void left by LTTE. PM should have visited CHOGM and in turn visited Jaffna to provide the support for the SL tamil leadership. Instead the foreign policy is a huge mess.

dreaming ??? with the defeat of LTTE, India has lost its strategic importance to Sri Lanka

I can post plenty of such videos against India as well especially the latest trending topic that starts with "r" and ends with "e".
What a pathetic scum....you're comparing organised and systematic extermination of an entire minority group by the Sri-Lankan govt. with crimes in India......LOL
Do you understand the difference between War-Crime and Crime...
Crimes happen in every country but the Sri-Lankan govt. is involved in war-crime........

Last edited:
Good Job .. Only negative is PM had to be 'Forced' to do it... 
the threat of Tamil nationalism made Congress to budge to their motive. in fact, Tamilnadu should be more integrated to rest of India. (fake)Dravidian movement has made whole generations learn wrong nationalism. education all gave wrong Dravidian edited History classes. blame Periyar & co for that. now, Tamils believe they are "Dravida" people who are older than sanskrit and are the original sumerians. Tamil nationalism is the enemy of Kerala,Karnatka and another nation Srilanka also. quarantine this fake nationalism for the sake of united India.

No need to be scared of us... but what ever you have stated are facts.. Only illiterates blame periyar, he was a voice of reason fighting for oppressed communities

There were no real Indian interests to be determined at the CHOGM and I sense bias in your argument.

The Indian interest was with relations with SL, not in CHOGM and as for your sensing bias, that's probably because you insist on wearing coloured glasses. Anyways move on.

What a pathetic scum....you're comparing organised and systematic extermination of an entire minority group by the Sri-Lankan govt. with crimes in India......LOL
Do you understand the difference between War-Crime and Crime...
Crimes happen in every country but the Sri-Lankan govt. is involved in war-crime........
oh scumbag shall I post the crimes of your fellow men in Kashmir, Assam, Gujarat where Muslims were murdered in mass numbers? 
Yeah...we have foreign affairs expert here. Know the full form of CHOGM? 

Sri Lanka is unimportant country, why should our country's PM waste his time with you? Your job is to obey us unconditionally whether our dictates are said by our PM or through our 'Governor Generals', ie- ambassadors.
watch_out_we_got_a_badass_over_here_meme_Sad_orange-s769x595-300035-475.png

Hold your horses. Real life is not bollywood :lol:

Last edited:
The Indian interest was with relations with SL, not in CHOGM and as for your sensing bias, that's probably because you insist on wearing coloured glasses. Anyways move on.

And you insist that the non attendance of this meeting will irreparably damage relations. 
oh scumbag shall I post the crimes of your fellow men in Kashmir, Assam, Gujarat where Muslims were murdered in mass numbers? 

Hold your hoses. Real life is not bollywood :lol:

First look at a map and scan your gaze from India to SL...then look at your GDP and look at the revenues of Tata (just one Indian company, by no means the biggest)...and then watch a good Bollywood movie.

Hold your hoses. Real life is not bollywood :lol:

:lol:..Good one.. You tend to think if some of these retards are even prepubescent brats making stupid comments on a forum meant for intellectual adults

dreaming ??? with the defeat of LTTE, India has lost its strategic importance to Sri Lanka

No one is under a delusion. It is India which underwrote the 13th Amendment proposal - not by either the SL tamilians or SL government - it was forced upon SL government in 1987 and reconfirmed again in lieu of support for SL in the SL war. Onus is on India to see to that it is implemented. If it could not influence SL, then it can forget the illusion of a regional player and can forget about being a future global player. And the indirect effect will be India can forget about Indian Ocean being her backyard and concede the space to China and USA and watch the action from the sidelines while small nations like Maldives will take a leaf out of SL's dealing with India and will not hesitate to wave finger at India.

And Indians here whoever is proposing strategic interests can see they will have a pyrrhic victory as India can have relationship with SL while SL would be the victor in the strategic play between India and SL. Mind it, SL was not a friendly nation to India. SL was in the US bloc during cold war while India was in the USSR bloc. SL supported Pakistan in 1971 war. The illusion of friendship came into play after Jayawardene rushed to Delhi post-operation Poomalai. And SL played its part well leaving India to dance around without a proper foreign policy. And now SL will continue to act to its own script.

But on the flipside, SL can't entirely show its back to India. The only way it can do is it need to establish close strategic relationship with China. And SL knows very well China is not ready to project power in Indian Ocean for atleast a decade(with lack of blue water capabilities of PLAN it is difficult). And remember USA is another player in the Indian Ocean sitting in Diego Garcia. SL getting closer will only piss off USA and who is bringing in pressure against SL in terms of war crimes resolution? It is USA. And USA pressure will only increase for SL and at the sametime it has to be content with another major power near her i.e India. Is SL ready to take on India and USA at the same time? The answer is no as seen by the TNA's Wigneswaran thanking the PM of India for facilitating the provincial elections in the North. i.e - Indian pressure is working on SL.

Giving an outline of the letter’s content, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said the chief minister had written that “he was grateful for Indian assistance in terms of ensuring that the elections were held and an elected body has taken its place. He informs that he has now assumed charge and is grateful to India”.

Wigneswaran thanks PM for support -The New Indian Express

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom