What's new

Manmohan Singh set to skip CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka

13 th Amendment is practised in SL and many in SL are for 13A. Meanwhile read this too,

TN politicians exploiting Lankan Tamils issue: C.V. Wigneswaran - The Hindu
TN politicians exploiting Lankan Tamils issue: C.V. Wigneswaran

We will fight, but sometimes we come together. The next door neighbour must not come and say ‘you must divorce’... That is not your business”
Tamil Nadu politicians use the Sri Lankan Tamils’ issue for their own gains, much to the detriment of the Tamils in Sri Lanka, said Justice C.V. Wigneswaran, the chief ministerial candidate of the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) in the upcoming Northern Provincial Council elections.
Speaking to The Hindu in the midst of his campaign here, Mr. Wigneswaran said: “In Tamil Nadu, our problems have been taken to be the ball to be played in the tennis court between the two or three parties. They [Tamil Nadu politicians] start hitting the ball from one side to the other and it is we who get hit by that.”
When politicians in Tamil Nadu say separation is the only solution, the Sinhalese masses – many sections of which fear that Tamils would collaborate with India and form a separate State – get very annoyed.
“We get affected by what is being said there,” said Justice Wigneswaran, a former Supreme Court judge, emphasising that the emotional rhetoric only made Tamils here more vulnerable.
Comparing the Sri Lankan situation to a home where the husband and wife are having a fight, he said: “We will fight, but sometimes we come together. The next door neighbour must not come and say ‘you must divorce, you must divorce’. That is not your business.”
Tamil Nadu’s efforts, he said, must be to see that there was greater responsiveness on the part of different communities in Sri Lanka rather than promoting antipathy towards each other.
He was quick to add that the TNA was very impressed with the support and sympathy of those in Tamil Nadu, but added “the solution is really in our hands”.
The TNA, an amalgam of five parties, has fielded Mr. Wigneswaran despite some internal differences over the choice of the candidate. The alliance, which has done well in elections in recent years, is a front-runner in the September 21 poll.
Keywords: Sri Lankan Tamils’ issue, Tamil Nadu politicians, Justice C.V. Wigneswaran, Tamil National Alliance, Northern Provincial Council elections 

So what about the highlighted? I knew that and that is why I stated in the previous post here(or in the other thread I dunno) India shouldn't have listened to the TN politicians who are messing it up.

So what about the highlighted? I knew that and that is why I stated in the previous post here(or in the other thread I dunno) India shouldn't have listened to the TN politicians who are messing it up.

Sorry what highlighted part?
TN politicians messing things up, tell that to people in TN.

Between i dont think TN is acting on its own. TN politicians are being influenced by pro ltte elements overseas. Actually the LTTE is trying to create problems between India and SL. That is why TN needs to act mature and not like a stupid cry baby

Between i dont think TN is acting on its own. TN politicians are being influenced by pro ltte elements overseas. Actually the LTTE is trying to create problems between India and SL. That is why TN needs to act mature and not like a stupid cry baby

And you expect this from people that vote in B grade Tamil actors to lead them and venerate dead megalomaniac foreign terrorists ?

Before telling us how to run a country, try to answer a question without running away! coward! 

13 th Amendment is practised in SL and many in SL are for 13A. Meanwhile read this too,

TN politicians exploiting Lankan Tamils issue: C.V. Wigneswaran - The Hindu
TN politicians exploiting Lankan Tamils issue: C.V. Wigneswaran

We will fight, but sometimes we come together. The next door neighbour must not come and say ‘you must divorce’... That is not your business”
Tamil Nadu politicians use the Sri Lankan Tamils’ issue for their own gains, much to the detriment of the Tamils in Sri Lanka, said Justice C.V. Wigneswaran, the chief ministerial candidate of the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) in the upcoming Northern Provincial Council elections.
Speaking to The Hindu in the midst of his campaign here, Mr. Wigneswaran said: “In Tamil Nadu, our problems have been taken to be the ball to be played in the tennis court between the two or three parties. They [Tamil Nadu politicians] start hitting the ball from one side to the other and it is we who get hit by that.”
When politicians in Tamil Nadu say separation is the only solution, the Sinhalese masses – many sections of which fear that Tamils would collaborate with India and form a separate State – get very annoyed.
“We get affected by what is being said there,” said Justice Wigneswaran, a former Supreme Court judge, emphasising that the emotional rhetoric only made Tamils here more vulnerable.
Comparing the Sri Lankan situation to a home where the husband and wife are having a fight, he said: “We will fight, but sometimes we come together. The next door neighbour must not come and say ‘you must divorce, you must divorce’. That is not your business.”
Tamil Nadu’s efforts, he said, must be to see that there was greater responsiveness on the part of different communities in Sri Lanka rather than promoting antipathy towards each other.
He was quick to add that the TNA was very impressed with the support and sympathy of those in Tamil Nadu, but added “the solution is really in our hands”.
The TNA, an amalgam of five parties, has fielded Mr. Wigneswaran despite some internal differences over the choice of the candidate. The alliance, which has done well in elections in recent years, is a front-runner in the September 21 poll.
Keywords: Sri Lankan Tamils’ issue, Tamil Nadu politicians, Justice C.V. Wigneswaran, Tamil National Alliance, Northern Provincial Council elections 

So punish them! who is stopping you. Then ask what we are doing!

There is only one solution to this, annexation of SL to India. Goddam small, unimportant country keeps irritating us with it's incompetence and stupidity. 
And you expect this from people that vote in B grade Tamil actors to lead them and venerate dead megalomaniac foreign terrorists ?

Ohhh.........what a great country you yourself come from. 60 years, majority of it you couldn't even bring basic peace. Your economy is in the dumps, your politics is a joke. You have no status except to be a pain in the @$$. And you have problems with others too.

Sigh - LTTE is a dead horse and you guys are still paranoid over it. Get over it - LTTE is no more. The political upmanship between Jayalalitha and Karunanidhi would mean there will be constant pressure to the center. Good or bad, the stupid cry baby part works though much to the annoyance of everyone including me. My belief is that is what keeping the center on its toes as at somepoint it might erupt if center does not act and pressurize Rajapakshe. So there is nothing to advice here - the center will wiggle out if there is no constant reminder from TN(good or bad one) and Rajapakshe will in turn try to escape from the commitment of the 13th amendment. Even now there is a lurking suspicion that there will be dilution of the 13th amendment due to pressure from the stupid Sinhala Nationalist groups. So you see - a foot in the back is needed for everyone - center, Rajapakshe etc.

No doubt the people in TN are not the most sane, but the thing is there must be a sane and a reasonable set of people in TN. We need to know what they think. I have worked with TN people at office and we tend to work amiably. There are pro ltte fellows and we know what they do.

but we SL has to build bridges with the sane people in Tamil nadu. So knowing what the moderate ones say in TN is important.

There is only one solution to this, annexation of SL to India. Goddam small, unimportant country keeps irritating us with it's incompetence and stupidity. 

Ohhh.........what a great country you yourself come from. 60 years, majority of it you couldn't even bring basic peace. Your economy is in the dumps, your politics is a joke. You have no status except to be a pain in the @$$. And you have problems with others too.

Try to annex SL, we will make sure it will be the last time you will even think of looking at SL. You cant even over ride decisions of state governments and talk about annexing. before annexing SL think of protecting your own terriorty. Pakistan is giving you a hard time in Kashmir, China is penetrating you in ind-china border and Bangladeshis are filling up Assam.

Of course you have a hell of a lot of problems than SL so the best option is not to look at SL and use that time to build some toilets.

Sigh - LTTE is a dead horse and you guys are still paranoid over it. Get over it - LTTE is no more. The political upmanship between Jayalalitha and Karunanidhi would mean there will be constant pressure to the center. Good or bad, the stupid cry baby part works though much to the annoyance of everyone including me. My belief is that is what keeping the center on its toes as at somepoint it might erupt if center does not act and pressurize Rajapakshe. So there is nothing to advice here - the center will wiggle out if there is no constant reminder from TN(good or bad one) and Rajapakshe will in turn try to escape from the commitment of the 13th amendment. Even now there is a lurking suspicion that there will be dilution of the 13th amendment due to pressure from the stupid Sinhala Nationalist groups. So you see - a foot in the back is needed for everyone - center, Rajapakshe etc.

I can surely say no one is paranoid over LTTE in SL, but the reality is LTTE overseas elements are still there. Even in TN LTTE is strengthening and your central gov does nothing. For example, Seeman and his fellows publicly display Prabhakaran's figures and speak in favor of him. Doesnt that annoy your central gov? Didnt he kill your prie minister and your army men?

One thing is TN people (geneal) as i understand is largely unaware of the ground situation in SL or subject to false propaganda.

There is no objection towards 13A in SL barring a stupid few. many in SL understand the necessity of it. Remember SL has already implemented 13A and there is a Tamil provincial minister in North. Also he is a respected man among all Lankans irrespective of ethnicity. If things move on this would really bring peace and stability.
There are signs MR would listen more to Vigneshwaran and help him. but pro ltte sectors in TN or in Diaspora is trying not to let that happen. And fishermen issue is another thing that TN can very easily solve.

The end result would be ind-SL relationship could be destroyed due to acts of TN and other ltte groups.

I can surely say no one is paranoid over LTTE in SL, but the reality is LTTE overseas elements are still there. Even in TN LTTE is strengthening and your central gov does nothing. For example, Seeman and his fellows publicly display Prabhakaran's figures and speak in favor of him. Doesnt that annoy your central gov? Didnt he kill your prie minister and your army men?

One thing is TN people (geneal) as i understand is largely unaware of the ground situation in SL or subject to false propaganda.

There is no objection towards 13A in SL barring a stupid few. many in SL understand the necessity of it. Remember SL has already implemented 13A and there is a Tamil provincial minister in North. Also he is a respected man among all Lankans irrespective of ethnicity. If things move on this would really bring peace and stability.
There are signs MR would listen more to Vigneshwaran and help him. but pro ltte sectors in TN or in Diaspora is trying not to let that happen. And fishermen issue is another thing that TN can very easily solve.

The end result would be ind-SL relationship could be destroyed due to acts of TN and other ltte groups.

LTTE supporters in TN never held weapons after the IPKF incident. And after Rajiv's killing, there were couple of isolated places where there was trouble but in rest of the places, it lost support among the common public. Apart from that, it can be assured Jayalalitha is such a person who is allergic to LTTE. And even Karunanidhi is allergic as he suspected the rival for him at one time - Vaiko was propped up by LTTE with funding. Seeman, Nedumaran - all these guys are fringe elements and hardly carry an influence.

As for fishermen issue, Katchatheevu issue should be resolved - at a minimum the 1976 the treaty signed deciding the fishermen rights around Katchatheevu need to be abrogated and redefined to allow TN fishermen to fish around Katchatheevu. Beyond that, many even in TN feel if the fishermen are in violation of the borders beyond this region, we do not care what you guys do with them.

And the TN leaders should go by what TNA and Wigneswaran and other leaders feel and not try to dictate terms on their own.

Having stated that, what is that Ind-SL relationship you are talking about? Let me restate what I stated here in another thread. Ind-SL had always that uneasy friendship and were in different blocs since independence during cold war time - that is the reason you guys provided the refueling facility to Pakistan. And any facade of relationship was a forced one after Operation Poomalai. And you guys backstabbed India causing more casualities among IPKF forces by providing arms to LTTE. It was not TN which had the central government send IPKF to SL. Rajiv wanted to offset US influence in SL.

And one more thing I want to highlight is TN is the major stakeholder in deciding the Indo-SL relationship - it was TN which had the relationship - good or bad with SL for centuries and not other states - it is a federal setup in India and TN will pull her weight in foreign diplomatic relationships and TN will get to decide too what is strategic interest and what is not just like how other states get to decide and I expect the rest of the Indians to respect that just like TN has respected and thrown the weight behind the Kashmir issue and border issues with China and has placed herself in the harms way through the nuclear threat and cross-border terrorism.

@Sashan
LTTE supporters in TN never held weapons after the IPKF incident. And after Rajiv's killing, there were couple of isolated places where there was trouble but in rest of the places, it lost support among the common public. Apart from that, it can be assured Jayalalitha is such a person who is allergic to LTTE. And even Karunanidhi is allergic as he suspected the rival for him at one time - Vaiko was propped up by LTTE with funding. Seeman, Nedumaran - all these guys are fringe elements and hardly carry an influence.
I didn’t tell LTTE is actively engaged in TN, what I said was LTTE elements, eelamist elements are still strong in TN. Don’t you have rallies that idolize Prabhakaran a terrorist? A killer of thousands of people in SL. Do you really think student rallies and even influence on political parties has no connections to remnant LTTE factions around the world? You can believe that as long as you want but it raises questions. The LTTE memorial in TN was built by a LTTE organization abroad. So the fact that LTTE is still in TN is not totally wrong.

The reason LTTE lost support in TN was after the Rajiv’s murder and it has nothing with the terrorist nature of LTTE. It was a necessary face saving for the TN after the death of their Premier by your favorite terrorist org. And almost all the anti SL activities in TN has LTTE connections.

Still during IPKF there was tremendous support in TN for LTTE. For example TN was used as a hub to get foreign weapons for LTTE. That means Chennai was a logistic hub for LTTE even when they were fighting indian army. And your CM didn’t even come to accept IPKF when they were returning from SL.

As for fishermen issue, Katchatheevu issue should be resolved - at a minimum the 1976 the treaty signed deciding the fishermen rights around Katchatheevu need to be abrogated and redefined to allow TN fishermen to fish around Katchatheevu. Beyond that, many even in TN feel if the fishermen are in violation of the borders beyond this region, we do not care what you guys do with them.

So you mean as the TN fishermen have overfished and finished their fish resources the agreement should be changed so that they can fish in the other’s area? Is not this legitimizing the robbing that is done by TN fishermen for many many years. Shall I tell you another way to do that? Stop stealing!

So now you accept that Katchchatheevu agreement doesn’t really allow the TN fishermen to fish around Katchchatheevu. That was not what you people have been telling and now changed once the indian gov made sure in early this year that TN fishermen actually cannot fish around Katchchatheevu. So it is you who have been telling lies.

And there is another thing ignored. That is MOST of the arrests of TN fishermen doesn’t take place around Katchchatheevu. It takes place in Puttalam, Jaffna and even Trinco in Sri Lanka. That is these people are found well inside the SLn waters. Most of the time TN fishermen can be seen from the shores of SL and NO they are not fishing around Katchchatheevu. They have come past Katchchatheevu for which our gov doesn’t take strong actions.

And tell me a SINGLE incident where TN fishermen were killed by SL navy in recent history. I personally believe these fishermen should be caught and be given tough punishments. Whenever a TN fisherman is arrested your CM starts writing love letters to your PM. Actually SL gov has done nothing wrong and acting within its constitution.

And the TN leaders should go by what TNA and Wigneswaran and other leaders feel and not try to dictate terms on their own.

Of course TN leaders shouldn’t dictate terms on their own terms. It is them to decide whether they would go by TNA or not. But TN can’t dictate terms on SL because SL is a sovereign country and TN has no job here.

Having stated that, what is that Ind-SL relationship you are talking about? Let me restate what I stated here in another thread. Ind-SL had always that uneasy friendship and were in different blocs since independence during cold war time - that is the reason you guys provided the refueling facility to Pakistan. And any facade of relationship was a forced one after Operation Poomalai. And you guys backstabbed India causing more casualities among IPKF forces by providing arms to LTTE. It was not TN which had the central government send IPKF to SL. Rajiv wanted to offset US influence in SL.

I have answered this so called backstabbing by SL in several threads before. The reason SL gave Pak space to refuel was as a neighboring country fighting for its territory. And the major reason is a diplomatic error by your government. Your gov was foolish enough not to gather support in the neighbouring countries. It was a diplomatic fault from your side. And about SL backstabbing india, read what is shown below.

This is written by B.Raman former indian intelligence man,
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?280356

The Way Forward

This unhappiness is unlikely to turn into bitterness. Even in the past, the Sinhalese were unhappy over what they perceived as the Indian support to the LTTE in the years before its assassination of Rajiv Gandhi in May 1991. This unhappiness never turned into bitterness and hatred for India.

Anyone who knows Sri Lanka and the Sinhalese well would be aware of their genuine goodwill for India. There were instances in the past when Sri Lankan governments had taken steps which were detrimental to Indian interests. A typical example was before the 1971 India-Pakistan war when they allowed Pakistani Air Force planes carrying men and supplies to East Pakistan to refuel in Sri Lankan airports. When Indira Gandhi strongly objected to this, they discontinued it.

Their anger and unhappiness against India tend to remain ephemeral. Despite their best or worst efforts, neither China nor Pakistan has ever been able to create a permanent estrangement between India and Sri Lanka. There are historic, cultural and religious bonds between the Indians and the Sri Lankans.

You seem to be a kid in the field of SL and Indian relationships. Did you think SL and Indian relationships emerged after Indian planes dropped weapons from air over LTTE? Actually Indian and Sl relationships go far and even stronger. They were very strong during Sirimavo B in SL and Indira G in India. Actually they were personal friends and one reason for Indira’s antagonistic attitude toward SL was due to JR’s (then SL president) mistreatment of Sirima D.

The cold war has passed a long time ago, and now even US is an ally of India. US was an ally of Pakistan against India. During cold war, US spied on India on behalf of SL. These things change and it is the same for India and SL.

And you talk about SL backstabbing India but what did India do? Training terrorists in SL can anyone get below than that?

Of course Rajiv wanted to offset US influence and at the same time Rajiv was not the one who brought up the idea to send IPKF to SL. He might have an idea of having Indian army on SL soil but IPKF was brought here after a request by the SL president. Because SL president feared there could be a military takeover of the gov by SL army.

And one more thing I want to highlight is TN is the major stakeholder in deciding the Indo-SL relationship - it was TN which had the relationship - good or bad with SL for centuries and not other states - it is a federal setup in India and TN will pull her weight in foreign diplomatic relationships and TN will get to decide too what is strategic interest and what is not just like how other states get to decide and I expect the rest of the Indians to respect that just like TN has respected and thrown the weight behind the Kashmir issue and border issues with China and has placed herself in the harms way through the nuclear threat and cross-border terrorism.

Though you don’t know SL and Indian relationship go very far and Tamil Nadu is just a one factor in it. You talk about relationship for centuries; the SL-TN relationship has been aggressive almost all the times but it is not the same with other states. Actually all the south indian states except TN has had good relations with SL. Non Chola kings when faced with threats from Chola kings looked for SL support and we have given refuge to some in SL. SL has had good relations with North Indian states since time immemorial. So your claim SL having relations with only TN for centuries is a claim that can only come from an ignorant man on SL.

The majority in SL is Buddhists and they still have respect for India. Many Buddhists from SL visit india in large numbers and they bring revenue for your country. All of early part of the history in your country was written by Lankans in SL. If not for SL you wouldn’t know what happened in your country. What TN does would ultimately eradicate the bond Buddhists in SL have towards India.

And though you are again ignorant on this, still countries with federal set up do NOT let the states to decide on foreign policy. It is strictly in the hands of the center. If you do not know that just get some information on federal structures. Foreign relations and defense are strictly decided by the central gov. US is a federal state but still the US gov at the center decides on foreign policy.

And I have to remind you one thing; India is NOT a federal state. India is a quasi-federal state and that has a lot of difference from a federal country. You don’t even know what federal means and even what sort of a set up you have in your country!

Again TN is not factor to decide relations with SL, may be one among many but not the sole. SL and India are neighbors and neighbours cant exist without engaging. There are much more business, defence ties (apart from cultural) that matters in SL-Ind relationships. Just because some hot headed idiots ran amok in the streets in Chennai it doesn’t change that fact. And remember SL and India has deep defence relations that TN doesn’t even have an idea of.

Do you know SL and India tend to have troika meeting during the last war? Do you know defence secretary, foreign minister and presidential sec of both the countries used to have meeting once every three weeks? Do you know India is insisting SL to resume these troika meetings? That shows how much deep SL-Ind relations in defence go!

About kashmir and cross border issues, they are issues that has indian interests. What happens in SL and our seas is not your issues. Got it :D

@Sashan
I didn’t tell LTTE is actively engaged in TN, what I said was LTTE elements, eelamist elements are still strong in TN. Don’t you have rallies that idolize Prabhakaran a terrorist? A killer of thousands of people in SL. Do you really think student rallies and even influence on political parties has no connections to remnant LTTE factions around the world? You can believe that as long as you want but it raises questions. The LTTE memorial in TN was built by a LTTE organization abroad. So the fact that LTTE is still in TN is not totally wrong.

The reason LTTE lost support in TN was after the Rajiv’s murder and it has nothing with the terrorist nature of LTTE. It was a necessary face saving for the TN after the death of their Premier by your favorite terrorist org. And almost all the anti SL activities in TN has LTTE connections.

Still during IPKF there was tremendous support in TN for LTTE. For example TN was used as a hub to get foreign weapons for LTTE. That means Chennai was a logistic hub for LTTE even when they were fighting indian army. And your CM didn’t even come to accept IPKF when they were returning from SL.

So you mean as the TN fishermen have overfished and finished their fish resources the agreement should be changed so that they can fish in the other’s area? Is not this legitimizing the robbing that is done by TN fishermen for many many years. Shall I tell you another way to do that? Stop stealing!

So now you accept that Katchchatheevu agreement doesn’t really allow the TN fishermen to fish around Katchchatheevu. That was not what you people have been telling and now changed once the indian gov made sure in early this year that TN fishermen actually cannot fish around Katchchatheevu. So it is you who have been telling lies.

And there is another thing ignored. That is MOST of the arrests of TN fishermen doesn’t take place around Katchchatheevu. It takes place in Puttalam, Jaffna and even Trinco in Sri Lanka. That is these people are found well inside the SLn waters. Most of the time TN fishermen can be seen from the shores of SL and NO they are not fishing around Katchchatheevu. They have come past Katchchatheevu for which our gov doesn’t take strong actions.

And tell me a SINGLE incident where TN fishermen were killed by SL navy in recent history. I personally believe these fishermen should be caught and be given tough punishments. Whenever a TN fisherman is arrested your CM starts writing love letters to your PM. Actually SL gov has done nothing wrong and acting within its constitution.

Of course TN leaders shouldn’t dictate terms on their own terms. It is them to decide whether they would go by TNA or not. But TN can’t dictate terms on SL because SL is a sovereign country and TN has no job here.

I have answered this so called backstabbing by SL in several threads before. The reason SL gave Pak space to refuel was as a neighboring country fighting for its territory. And the major reason is a diplomatic error by your government. Your gov was foolish enough not to gather support in the neighbouring countries. It was a diplomatic fault from your side. And about SL backstabbing india, read what is shown below.

This is written by B.Raman former indian intelligence man,
http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?280356

The Way Forward

This unhappiness is unlikely to turn into bitterness. Even in the past, the Sinhalese were unhappy over what they perceived as the Indian support to the LTTE in the years before its assassination of Rajiv Gandhi in May 1991. This unhappiness never turned into bitterness and hatred for India.

Anyone who knows Sri Lanka and the Sinhalese well would be aware of their genuine goodwill for India. There were instances in the past when Sri Lankan governments had taken steps which were detrimental to Indian interests. A typical example was before the 1971 India-Pakistan war when they allowed Pakistani Air Force planes carrying men and supplies to East Pakistan to refuel in Sri Lankan airports. When Indira Gandhi strongly objected to this, they discontinued it.

Their anger and unhappiness against India tend to remain ephemeral. Despite their best or worst efforts, neither China nor Pakistan has ever been able to create a permanent estrangement between India and Sri Lanka. There are historic, cultural and religious bonds between the Indians and the Sri Lankans.

You seem to be a kid in the field of SL and Indian relationships. Did you think SL and Indian relationships emerged after Indian planes dropped weapons from air over LTTE? Actually Indian and Sl relationships go far and even stronger. They were very strong during Sirimavo B in SL and Indira G in India. Actually they were personal friends and one reason for Indira’s antagonistic attitude toward SL was due to JR’s (then SL president) mistreatment of Sirima D.

The cold war has passed a long time ago, and now even US is an ally of India. US was an ally of Pakistan against India. During cold war, US spied on India on behalf of SL. These things change and it is the same for India and SL.

And you talk about SL backstabbing India but what did India do? Training terrorists in SL can anyone get below than that?

Of course Rajiv wanted to offset US influence and at the same time Rajiv was not the one who brought up the idea to send IPKF to SL. He might have an idea of having Indian army on SL soil but IPKF was brought here after a request by the SL president. Because SL president feared there could be a military takeover of the gov by SL army.

Though you don’t know SL and Indian relationship go very far and Tamil Nadu is just a one factor in it. You talk about relationship for centuries; the SL-TN relationship has been aggressive almost all the times but it is not the same with other states. Actually all the south indian states except TN has had good relations with SL. Non Chola kings when faced with threats from Chola kings looked for SL support and we have given refuge to some in SL. SL has had good relations with North Indian states since time immemorial. So your claim SL having relations with only TN for centuries is a claim that can only come from an ignorant man on SL.

The majority in SL is Buddhists and they still have respect for India. Many Buddhists from SL visit india in large numbers and they bring revenue for your country. All of early part of the history in your country was written by Lankans in SL. If not for SL you wouldn’t know what happened in your country. What TN does would ultimately eradicate the bond Buddhists in SL have towards India.

And though you are again ignorant on this, still countries with federal set up do NOT let the states to decide on foreign policy. It is strictly in the hands of the center. If you do not know that just get some information on federal structures. Foreign relations and defense are strictly decided by the central gov. US is a federal state but still the US gov at the center decides on foreign policy.

And I have to remind you one thing; India is NOT a federal state. India is a quasi-federal state and that has a lot of difference from a federal country. You don’t even know what federal means and even what sort of a set up you have in your country!

Again TN is not factor to decide relations with SL, may be one among many but not the sole. SL and India are neighbors and neighbours cant exist without engaging. There are much more business, defence ties (apart from cultural) that matters in SL-Ind relationships. Just because some hot headed idiots ran amok in the streets in Chennai it doesn’t change that fact. And remember SL and India has deep defence relations that TN doesn’t even have an idea of.

Do you know SL and India tend to have troika meeting during the last war? Do you know defence secretary, foreign minister and presidential sec of both the countries used to have meeting once every three weeks? Do you know India is insisting SL to resume these troika meetings? That shows how much deep SL-Ind relations in defence go!

About kashmir and cross border issues, they are issues that has indian interests. What happens in SL and our seas is not your issues. Got it :D

I wouldn't have bothered given the persons i would be replying to.. But kudos to you and what a response for all the BS and anti Lanka false propaganda that would have emanated in this forum for so many years.. :tup:

@Sashan

I have answered this so called backstabbing by SL in several threads before.

You need to have better comprehension skills on what I wrote instead of jumping the gun on the fishermen issue and your interpretation of what I alluded to pulling in the political weight or not in a federal setup like India is laughable and the statement above from yours is a perfect example of your lack of comprehension skills - Go back and read what I called backstabbing and what I did not. And you yourself were giving details on what is called the sketchy nature of the India-SL relationship and you question me on my claim on the same? Beyond that, it is pointless for me to discuss this on what I felt is a very objective discussion on my part while yours is not(The one example is in all our discussion here I have stated what is right and what is wrong on the part of TN/India but you have always stood and discussed from a position that SL is right - this is what the Chinese here do - CCP is right always but we all know what is their background but when others do that it is nothing but a subjective discussion) and trying to paint my position wrongly.
I am done here.

Last edited:
@Sashan
Before talking about my comprehension skills, learn to write a sentence using punctuation marks. You see son when writing, use full stop to break sentences. Otherwise it makes what you write look like a prose by a grade 2 student. Looking at what you write some might even think you are getting agitated without an answer. J

This is what you wrote, :D

You need to have better comprehension skills on what I wrote instead of jumping the gun on the fishermen issue and your interpretation of what I alluded to pulling in the political weight or not in a federal setup like India is laughable and the statement above from yours is a perfect example of your lack of comprehension skills - Go back and read what I called backstabbing and what I did not. And you yourself were giving details on what is called the sketchy nature of the India-SL relationship and you question me on my claim on the same? Beyond that, it is pointless for me to discuss this on what I felt is a very objective discussion on my part while yours is not(The one example is in all our discussion here I have stated what is right and what is wrong on the part of TN/India but you have always stood and discussed from a position that SL is right - this is what the Chinese here do - CCP is right always but we all know what is their background but when others do that it is nothing but a subjective discussion) and trying to paint my position wrongly.
I am done here.

For the purpose of better understanding,
You need to have better comprehension skills on what I wrote instead of jumping the gun on the fishermen issue
Where have I jumped the gun on the fishermen issue? Didn’t you talk about changing the agreement to facilitate (or rather legitimize) Indian fishermen fishing in Katchchatheevu? And I humbly told you TN fishermen are actually not caught in Katchchatheevu but elsewhere.
interpretation of what I alluded to pulling in the political weight or not in a federal setup like India is laughable
Actually what you said was TN should decide SL policy in Indian foreign policy and rest of the Indians needn’t mind it. And that in a federal country states can dictate foreign policy. I understand you got owned there but don’t get agitated. People make mistakes and this is a good opportunity for you to learn.
Go back and read what I called backstabbing and what I did not.
Well SL allowing Pak to refuel in SL was called as backstabbing by you. Do you need my assistance to understand what you wrote? If so don’t be ashamed, I am always ready to help our neighbor.
you yourself were giving details on what is called the sketchy nature of the India-SL relationship and you question me on my claim on the same?
I didn’t question your claim; I just rejected it and had to give you a history lesson. You spoke as if India and SL would not have even noticed each other throughout the history if not for TN. We Sinhalese too came from India and we know India.
, it is pointless for me to discuss this on what I felt
Don’t talk about what you feel, I understand you are in a difficult situation. Take a nap and read what you wrote tomorrow. That will help you.
very objective discussion on my part while yours is not(
Of course the objective nature of yours is very much to see for everybody. Are you sure about the word ‘objective’? May be you have tangled yourself in the meaning again.
here I have stated what is right and what is wrong on the part of TN/India
So where have you stated India/TN is wrong? Have you ever said that TN fishermen crossing border and stealing is wrong? The only places where you have said TN/India/LTTE is wrong is in places where they have done things disadvantageous to you, and not out of a personal conviction of what is right or wrong! And why should I say SL is wrong on things I believe and I have conviction I am right!
I am done here.
Of course you should be done here. You have nowhere to go from this point onwards! :D

Back
Top Bottom