What's new

Manmohan Singh set to skip CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka

On hindsight i have sympathy for the GOI on this whole CHOGM fiasco.. They were caught between a rock and a hard place.. On one side all the Tamil extremists getting maximum advantage to further their separatist cause in TN usuing the usual scapegoat Sri Lanka and on the other hand TN congress members begging for their survival in a unseemly situation that they will regain their minority seats come next years elections in TN.. A state that has always voted for B grade Tamil Movie actors to power on regionalist and separatist agenda's.. Never on Indian nationalist plat form.. Shows the immature mindset of it's electorate

I think the Congress hierarchy tried to minimise the damage as much as possible with waiting to announce the decision at the very last moment so that the Madrasi elements wont be able to exploit the situation further.. So the GOSL did acknowledge the difficulty faced by the Indian govt and have shown some degree of empathy despite the disappointment.. I hope the central govts of both countries will strive to repair the damage from getting worse.. But the onus is on India and how much it is going to pander to the hostile extremist TN in it's relation regarding Sri Lanka

I will not Comment on the Madrasi Extremist comment
since i don't have the sufficient knowledge of the issue

But you have to think this is election year UPA is already very weak so they will try to gain as much as possible
although our FM is attending it
My personal opinion is that we should further engage with SL
If we really do care about the Tamils there
Boycotting them will not make any sense
Also we are losing our Influence there bcauz of this to the Pakistanis of all the people

Very disappointed over the PM not going to the CHOGM meet.

Central Government is capitulating every now and then to local politics.
India should be helping out countries like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
I am also very disappointed to be part of India. If tamils issue including TN fisherman killings not matter to you people means beheading Indians jawans , Sarabjith singh killings, Mumbai ,Delhi, Amarnath , Parliament attacks ,Kashmir issues etc; do you think those things really matter us????. SL is not enemy for India likewise Pakistan and China to us, those are your problems then why we have to give damn about it.

I am also very disappointed to be part of India. If tamils issue including TN fisherman killings not matter to you people means beheading Indians jawans , Sarabjith singh killings, Mumbai ,Delhi, Amarnath , Parliament attacks ,Kashmir issues etc; do you think those things really matter us????. SL is not enemy for India likewise Pakistan and China to us, those are your problems then why we have to give damn about it.
If you are this stupid that you fail to understand the difference between protecting the Territory of India on the one hand and asking India to interfere in the domestic affairs of another nation(Sri Lanka) then you dont belong in India in the first place.

What happens in Sri Lanka is the affair of Sri Lanka till they take steps that harm Indian interests.
And from what all accounts have clarified, it is the Indian Tamil fishermen who regularly cross over to the Sri Lankan waters to fish there because they have reduced the fishing stocks in Indian waters by excessive and unsustainable fishing.
If you are under the assumption that Indian Navy should somehow protect Indians who commit illegal acts, then you are highly mistaken.

On the other hand, were Sri Lankan fishermen coming over to Indian waters to fish, the Indian Navy would no doubt arrest them just as the Sri Lankan Navy does the same.

Or do you wish for Indian Armed Forces to support Tamil fishermen fishing in Lankan waters?

A wise decision, by the world's most wisest PM , or he may end up like Rajiv Gandhi

he needs to be wiser, otherwise this would happen!

poor MMS .........dosnt know that even though he skips CHOGM....it wont get him any tamil votes....we will still loose in 2014

yes of course, by skipping CHOGM, he would be called a weak leader and no strict futuristic foreign policy, but still would get defeated in TN.

we got enough strongmen in India... I hope they never come to power....
but yeah to me rajapaksa is a faggot for having blood of weak and innocent in his hands...[/quote]

How is having blood of people in the hands make him a faggot? Please use a better word! Also how do you say he has blood of people? He destroyed a terrorist org and the biggest gainer of this has been the tamils!

Those who are opposing PM's move, what are you view of the human rights abuses against the Tamil civilians in Sri Lanka? I have seen video interviews of people who have described how they were tortured and raped by Sri Lankan army. It is very disturbing to say the least.

First thing you have to realize is many of the western media are bought by LTTE groups in west. The ltte accumulated a large amount of wealth by heroin trade and shipping. These money is put to use. I dont say SL army is a group pf angels. BUt most of the things are bogus. If you really want to act against rape of women in SL war, believe me it was the IPKF that was blamed most. There were issues where SL soldiers raped women but they were punished! and were given big punishments unlike those given to US soldiers by US.

Last edited:
Take a look at this video on the BBC site.
BBC News - 'Tamils still being raped and tortured' in Sri Lanka

See how Tamil women are raped and the brutal method of torture they employ on Tamils. I'm not against Sinhalese people. It's good the civil war is over. But is the rape and torture necessary? No army in the world no matter how heated up the war is should employ such tactics during or after the war against their fallen foe. What is wrong is wrong. It should not be justified by saying: Oh we do it too so nothing wrong if SL army does it. If we are doing it, then it's still wrong.

The maker of the movie is on LTTE pay roll. You will dismiss my claim probably, but there is nothing called free media in this world. This is total propaganda! There is no source to say rape of tamil women happens in such a scale. After the end of war people from NGOs stayed with people in internment camps to check how they are treated. but none came with a complaint!

If you are this stupid that you fail to understand the difference between protecting the Territory of India on the one hand and asking India to interfere in the domestic affairs of another nation(Sri Lanka) then you dont belong in India in the first place.

What happens in Sri Lanka is the affair of Sri Lanka till they take steps that harm Indian interests.
And from what all accounts have clarified, it is the Indian Tamil fishermen who regularly cross over to the Sri Lankan waters to fish there because they have reduced the fishing stocks in Indian waters by excessive and unsustainable fishing.
If you are under the assumption that Indian Navy should somehow protect Indians who commit illegal acts, then you are highly mistaken.

On the other hand, were Sri Lankan fishermen coming over to Indian waters to fish, the Indian Navy would no doubt arrest them just as the Sri Lankan Navy does the same.

Or do you wish for Indian Armed Forces to support Tamil fishermen fishing in Lankan waters?
I am not an idiot like you , India sent IPKF to SL , why you send Indian troops for their domestic problems at first place ??? such step irritated SL thus it not took part in SAARC summit wic took place in Islamabad , have you heard about Rajiv Ghandhi -Jayawrdene pact first read those things and argue. So India can't play silent role in SL issue.

Read Kachativu again and again I can't explain it. You can arrest fisherman whoever crossing maritime borders but killing them is unacceptable even Pakistan not killed Indian fisherman for crossing borders . Speak with sense ...ok 

First thing you have to realize is many of the western media are bought by LTTE groups in west. The ltte accumulated a large amount of wealth by heroin trade and shipping. These money is put to use. I dont say SL army is a group pf angels. BUt most of the things are bogus. If you really want to act against rape of women in SL war, believe me it was the IPKF that was blamed most. There were issues where SL soldiers raped women but they were punished! and were given big punishments unlike those given to US soldiers by US.

From your posts I understood that you don't know anything about that issues better stay away from the topic.

Last edited:
I am not an idiot like you , India sent IPKF to SL , why you send Indian troops for their domestic problems at first place ??? such step irritated SL thus it not took part in SAARC summit wic took place in Islamabad , have you heard about Rajiv Ghandhi -Jayawrdene pact first read those things and argue. So India can't play silent role in SL issue.

Read Kachativu again and again I can't explain it. You can arrest fisherman whoever crossing maritime borders but killing them is unacceptable even Pakistan not killed Indian fisherman for crossing borders . Speak with sense ...ok 

From your posts I understood that you don't know anything about that issues better stay away from the topic.
India made a mistake earlier of entering into the Sri Lankan fracas in the first place.
The Rajiv Gandhi pacts were a mistake.

Those agreements signed then are not a cause to enter into Sri Lankan politics again. Cut the losses and move on.
Sri Lanka is a sovereign nation that does not like external interference in its domestic affairs. Just like India does not like any other nation interfering in Indian affairs. The past mistakes can not be used to justify foolishness again.

India made a mistake earlier of entering into the Sri Lankan fracas in the first place.
The Rajiv Gandhi pacts were a mistake.

Those agreements signed then are not a cause to enter into Sri Lankan politics again. Cut the losses and move on.
Sri Lanka is a sovereign nation that does not like external interference in its domestic affairs. Just like India does not like any other nation interfering in Indian affairs. The past mistakes can not be used to justify foolishness again.
What I told go and read don't you???? India supplied Vijanta tank (built in Avadi, TN) to SL army , INDRA radars were given, India did naval blockade thus tamils not able get weapons from North Korea. Those things happens in 2007-2008 time points.

Have you know two Indian jawans(engineer units) died during the disposal of landmines in tamil regions at SL , I can say many things. India is not holy as you think.

So you are saying I have no knowledge about issues in my country but you are? Seriously do you have a water spring or something in TN that makes people retarded? I remember asking many Qns from you and that you fled without having backbone to defend your claim! If you have any knowledge to prove me wrong bring it on. otherwise go and watch

So you are saying I have no knowledge about issues in my country but you are? Seriously do you have a water spring or something in TN that makes people retarded? I remember asking many Qns from you and that you fled without having backbone to defend your claim! If you have any knowledge to prove me wrong bring it on. otherwise go and watch

Really ????usually I won't argue with stupids like skyline and others I don't know you belong to that category or not .As far I know I am not argued with you b4.

It really IS an unimportant country taht routinely eats up too much of our time. If they hadn't carried out the human rights violations, if they DIDN't continue the ra*es, why would there be a controversy to start with? 

Actually India is a FEDERAL state and consulting the tamils is extremely important in any decision. Trying to say that the centre should necessarily ignore them to prove it is 'independent' is silly. In any case CHOGM has historically been a waste of time. I think an FM type presence is more appropriate anyway.

If SL is an unimortant country just let SL mind its own business and dont worry how many chinese come here. between if SL is eating up your media time it is the fault of TN not SL

What I told go and read don't you???? India supplied Vijanta tank (built in Avadi, TN) to SL army , INDRA radars were given, India did naval blockade thus tamils not able get weapons from North Korea. Those things happens in 2007-2008 time points.

Have you know two Indian jawans(engineer units) died during the disposal of landmines in tamil regions at SL , I can say many things. India is not holy as you think.
I am aware of all the things you mentioned. India has also in the past provided a safe zone for LTTE in Tamil Nadu, given arms, logistical support, etc.

India should withdraw completely from any and all internal affairs of Sri Lanka.

Really usually I won't argue with stupids like skyline and others I don't you belong to that category or not .As far I know I am not argued with you b4.

Do you know another category? Those who talk about subjects having no idea and those who flee when pressed for facts! I remember you, your comical pic and stupid answers are hard to forget! :D 

dont you think if your fishermen stop stealing our fish, your people wont be arrested. Tell me a single incident where TN fishermen were killed by SLN in 2012-2013 with proof. SL is doing what it should do!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom