What's new

Manmohan Singh set to skip CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka

Not defending anything. Just that a boycott is meaningless. It's not that we do the same, it is just that we are in no position to sit on a high horse. My point is that acting like we are now will make no difference to the SL government except for embarrasing them which might actually result in us having less influence over them. The PM could have visted Jaffna & let the Tamil populace there know that they are not without friends. Our aim must be to practically help those SL tamils who still live in SL rather than pandering to the emotions of the diaspora or the parties in TN which would be counter productive for the SL tamils residing there . We must be very clear headed about such matters, not run around like headless chickens.
If India went to the conference what kind of message is it sending to it's neighbors and it's own Tamil population? To the Tamils of Tamil Nadu(pop 72 million) they will feel like Tamil blood and sentiments are worthless in the eyes of Delhi. This will eventually have led to Tamils feeling detached with the rest of India(and this usually leads to secessionist sentiments).

All the states of India are like brothers in a single family. If your neighbor attacks your brother, will you still visit your neighbor's house as if every thing is okay? or will you boycott your neighbor and stand up for your brother? A family will stand if it is united, but it will fall if it is divided. SL is not part of the Indian Union, so why should you care for what they think? Tamil Nadu is a big prosperous state within India, they should (and do) matter more.

Nothing to be surprised of here. Indian politicians (read congress) have always weighed local vote bank politics more than national interests. India is doomed at the hands of these morons. next time they complain China making roads into Sri Lanka, Their arses should be kicked very very hard. Sri Lanka is our neighbour, we should support and persuade them to take some corrective measures to help Tamil diaspora. What MMS has done is completely opposite

Mr. Maun mohan Singh by not attending CHOGM you will land yourself in irreversible irretrievable cleft of diplomatic uncertainties which will not be shrewd patently practical political move. Short circuiting the CHOGM for short term shortsighted gains envisaged by congress by appeasing its present and/or potential national or regional collaborators will not balance any political scales which any way are destined to decisively tilt against it due to ever increasing burdening weights of serial syndicated scandalous swindles & mega corruptions being indulged by its UPA partners with unchallenged impunity. :astagh::bad::hitwall:

Yeah...we have foreign affairs expert here. Know the full form of CHOGM? 
brothers in a single family. If your neighbor attacks your brother, will you still visit your neighbor's house as if every thing is okay? or will you boycott your neighbor and stand up for your brother? A family will stand if it is
spineless f@ggot this guy is

Sri Lanka is unimportant country, why should our country's PM waste his time with you? Your job is to obey us unconditionally whether our dictates are said by our PM or through our 'Governor Generals', ie- ambassadors.

:o:
Sri Lanka is unimportant country, why should our country's PM waste his time with you? Your job is to obey us unconditionally whether our dictates are said by our PM or through our 'Governor Generals', ie- ambassadors.
This arrogance of UPA/Congress has done India great harm. But the way they treat us Indians should be a fair indication about how others might get.

Lol.. Would like to try some of the crack you smoke.. Delusions of grandeur.. Nobody actually gave too much of a flying F@ck.. This is what SL thinks of this.. :rofl:

Manmohan Singh's absence not a setback for CHOGM: Sri Lanka - The Times of India

Read the comments from true patriotic Indians there.. Hilarious

Sinhalese population is 15 million and that's not even part of India. Compared to 72 million Tamil Nadu population in India. So obviously for India the Tamil population should matter more.

I'm not talking about the Sinhalese population!
I've just mentioned about the 70 million TN tamils, which is still a minority percentage in India compared to population of India. so rest of Indian citizens hope is also to skip the CHOGM Sri Lanka it does not matter but if they are in the opposite side then it's not reflecting the Indian majority citizens voice. That's why I have said it's a failure of India. "India" means not just Tamils or Tamilnadu.

I'm not talking about the Sinhalese population!
I've just mentioned about the 70 million TN tamils, which is still a minority percentage in India compared to population of India. so rest of Indian citizens hope is also to skip the CHOGM Sri Lanka it does not matter but if they are in the opposite side then it's not reflecting the Indian majority citizens voice. That's why I have said it's a failure of India. "India" means not just Tamils or Tamilnadu.

Obviously most of the Indian population bar the Madrasi's are cringing at the pathetic stance of their weak govt.. Just read the comments from the link.. Found this one quite entertaining while being an insight in to the views of Indians in general.. Interesting.. :D

Another Cabinet Meeting: MMS: I thought thet they will be phoning me and requesting me again and again, but instead they are not that eager to have me. Khurshid: Thats becoz i am going, and i will do a fine job there. Shinde: I hope you dont bump in to the Nigerian Head of State there. Khurshid: DOnt worry, i will avoid him and the Pakistani and Nepalese and Banagladeshi and Fiji guys too. MMS: Why them ? Yesterday you allowed the Pakis to meet the kashimri separatists openly ? Khurshid: Let them meet , what will they do ? no one wants to go to pakistan now days , not vene these separatists , no cricket team goes there, no football, volleyball or even a kabbadi team, they paly their games elsewhere. MMS: And the rest ? Khurshid: Nepalese hardly talk to us, even the Sri lankan avoid us as if were are their poor relatives, Fiji is always trying to suppress our people, Bangladesh is going to change to Khalida soon, and TMC spoiled our relations with them, so going there means attending and hiding and avoiding. Moily: Anyway its a nothing to do meeting, its a free holiday for the cold countries, they hardly care what goes on in the world. MMS: But for DMK, i would have been there too. Moily: Its CHOGM, it means Chaps Holidaying on Govt Money, its not some big decision making thing, its the vestiges of the British Empire. MMS: I was born in the British Empire. Shinde: You were born in Pakistan. Sibal: Does that make you a paksitani ? MMS: I am not sure, does it ? Anthony: You can claim some pension from them when you retire. MMS: I dont think they have anything left but a begging bowl. Moily: Dont worry, Obama will call you up for some ridiculous meeting, where you will smile for photograhs and come home. MMS: I think obama has brought USA to its knees, i see Putin a better world leader. Anthony: That is what the world sees, Putin can control the USA, its something China does economically. MMS: We need such a leader, We should force raul baba to come forward. Moily: I wonder if raul baba saw who got the tickets, they tore of his idealistic plans and these state elections will have the same corrupt families run for votes. Khurshid: You cant call them corrupt, when they come in power they become corrupt, till then they are candidates. Moily: What ? Khurshid; Thats politics, you wont understand. Madam: We balanced the tickets between various castes plus wining ability factors. Moily: After 60 years will still give tickets on castes, so much for progress. Madam: We give becoz we want to win, we cannot give tickets like raul says, he is a child. Anthony: But he can run this country. Madam: That anybody can do, look at me, what qualification i have. Khurshid: Absolutely true madam, no, qualifications what so ever, infact they colleges you claimed to have studied denied you ever step foot in them. Madam: Enough, who told you this? Khrushid: Subramanium Swamy. Madam: Really ? He investigated that ? What else ? Khurshid: I dont know, shall i call him ?

Manmohan Singh's absence not a setback for CHOGM: Sri Lanka - The Times of India

I'm not a Foreign Affairs Expert, I'm an Indian who is Sick of Policies of United Public-Looters Association II. :bad: I just shared my Honest Opinion. :wacko:

Lol.. Would like to try some of the crack you smoke.. Delusions of grandeur.. Nobody actually gave too much of a flying F@ck.. This is what SL thinks of this.. :rofl:

Read the comments from true patriotic Indians there.. Hilarious

CHOGM is a f*ing colonial vestige routinely skipped by over 1/2 of the heads of states in that list. And India should suddenly treat it with GREAT importance because you clowns want to look good? In reality Indians should be irritated that because of you another non-issue has become controversial. Yeah this is what happens when ANYTHING related to Sri Lanka comes up. We should start sending people like JN Dikshit again to your country. That will keep you in your rightful place (under our boot-heels)

If India went to the conference what kind of message is it sending to it's neighbors and it's own Tamil population? To the Tamils of Tamil Nadu(pop 72 million) they will feel like Tamil blood and sentiments are worthless in the eyes of Delhi. This will eventually have led to Tamils feeling detached with the rest of India(and this usually leads to secessionist sentiments).

All the states of India are like brothers in a single family. If your neighbor attacks your brother, will you still visit your neighbor's house as if every thing is okay? or will you boycott your neighbor and stand up for your brother? A family will stand if it is united, but it will fall if it is divided. SL is not part of the Indian Union, so why should you care for what they think? Tamil Nadu is a big prosperous state within India, they should (and do) matter more.

This is a dangerous argument. We can & will defend Indian citizens, Tamils or otherwise. We simply cannot be expected to show the exact same concern for Tamils or others who are not Indian citizens. (I'm ignoring the secession barb , those that feel the need to bring it up hardly deserve sympathy). As you correctly point out, all states in India are like brothers. Any attack on them needs to be defended. However SL Tamils are not in the same category & cannot claim that even by connection to the people of TN. There are Indian origin people in many countries, India certainly cannot be expected to go bonkers every time someone is effected. By our logic, India should have attacked Fiji and gone after Malaysia. Where does this stop? Countries cannot be muddle headed just because some citizens feel an emotional connection somewhere. SL is an important neighbour & India is commited to a united SL.The destruction of the LTTE was in our national interests as much as it was in theirs. We helped them in this regard & correctly. Keeping that in view, what we can do must be driven by our interests, not by emotional bursts. As I have said, the best we can do is to try & improve the lives of those SL Tamils who live there. Wasting time on unproductive diversions serves no purpose. There is no realistic way to do any war crimes prosecutions nor is India interested in it. People who put their own parochial emotions over the national good also need to recognise the facts.

:o:
This arrogance of UPA/Congress has done India great harm. But the way they treat us Indians should be a fair indication about how others might get.

It really IS an unimportant country taht routinely eats up too much of our time. If they hadn't carried out the human rights violations, if they DIDN't continue the ra*es, why would there be a controversy to start with? 
This is a dangerous argument. We can & will defend Indian citizens, Tamils or otherwise. We simply cannot be expected to show the exact same concern for Tamils or others who are not Indian citizens. (I'm ignoring the secession barb , those that feel the need to bring it up hardly deserve sympathy). As you correctly point out, all states in India are like brothers. Any attack on them needs to be defended. However SL Tamils are not in the same category & cannot claim that even by connection to the people of TN. There are Indian origin people in many countries, India certainly cannot be expected to go bonkers every time someone is effected. By our logic, India should have attacked Fiji and gone after Malaysia. Where does this stop? Countries cannot be muddle headed just because some citizens feel an emotional connection somewhere. SL is an important neighbour & India is commited to a united SL.The destruction of the LTTE was in our national interests as much as it was in theirs. We helped them in this regard & correctly. Keeping that in view, what we can do must be driven by our interests, not by emotional bursts. As I have said, the best we can do is to try & improve the lives of those SL Tamils who live there. Wasting time on unproductive diversions serves no purpose. There is no realistic way to do any war crimes prosecutions nor is India interested in it. People who put their own parochial emotions over the national good also need to recognise the facts.

Actually India is a FEDERAL state and consulting the tamils is extremely important in any decision. Trying to say that the centre should necessarily ignore them to prove it is 'independent' is silly. In any case CHOGM has historically been a waste of time. I think an FM type presence is more appropriate anyway.

Actually India is a FEDERAL state and consulting the tamils is extremely important in any decision. Trying to say that the centre should necessarily ignore them to prove it is 'independent' is silly. In any case CHOGM has historically been a waste of time. I think an FM type presence is more appropriate anyway.

I never said India wasn't a federal state & while Tamils or anyone else must have their inputs, no one should be allowed to hold the country hostage to their wishes. I have not suggested that opinions need to be disregarded to prove independence, only that our interests are not served by this action. Many Tamils might want India to go to war against SL, that would be no reason to do that, would it? CHOGM may be a waste of time but the reason the PM is not going is not because he thinks that, merely because he feels under pressure not to.

I never said India wasn't a federal state & while Tamils or anyone else must have their inputs, no one should be allowed to hold the country hostage to their wishes. I have not suggested that opinions need to be disregarded to prove independence, only that our interests are not served by this action. Many Tamils might want India to go to war against SL, that would be no reason to do that, would it? CHOGM may be a waste of time but the reason the PM is not going is not because he thinks that, merely because he feels under pressure not to.

And why this criticism? Why did you come to the conclusion that India affected our interests negatively? This isn't the G 20 and whether they were protests or not (that's not out of line by the way), the final decision should not invite criticism anyway? As I mentioned before, CHOGM is a such a debunked org., close to 50% of Government heads routinely skip it. An FM type presence is just fine.

And why this criticism? Why did you come to the conclusion that India affected our interests negatively? This isn't the G 20 and whether they were protests or not (that's not out of line by the way), the final decision should not invite criticism anyway? As I mentioned before, CHOGM is a such a debunked org., close to 50% of Government heads routinely skip it. An FM type presence is just fine.

The criticism is not about CHOGM, it is with India's relations with SL being hostage to internal politics in TN. Both the PM & the FM have been at pains talking about our relations with SL not being affected (the PM with his letter to the SL president & the FM on Tv), not because this decision is a mundane one. If the PM had decided against this visit much earlier & for different reasons, there would be no discussion. Do you believe that irritating SL in this manner serves our interests? If the PM felt that he could not withstand pressure domestically, this decision should simply have made months in advance, there was no necessity to drag it around now. There is now no reason for the SL government to consider what we have to say the next time we want something, is there?

The criticism is not about CHOGM, it is with India's relations with SL being hostage to internal politics in TN. Both the PM & the FM have been at pains talking about our relations with SL not being affected (the PM with his letter to the SL president & the FM on Tv), not because this decision is a mundane one. If the PM had decided against this visit much earlier & for different reasons, there would be no discussion. Do you believe that irritating SL in this manner serves our interests? If the PM felt that he could not withstand pressure domestically, this decision should simply have made months in advance, there was no necessity to drag it around now. There is now no reason for the SL government to consider what we have to say the next time we want something, is there?

The Tamilians have a right to protest as much as they want and you are no one to question them. And PM rejecting the opp to go to CHOGM proves nothing. It is an unimportant event and he's well within it's right to not go there.

Back
Top Bottom