What's new

Maneka opposes cow slaughter for Army sneakers, stalls project.

Dude for the last time. All these acts are to prevent slaughter in any place except licenced slaughter houses. Look up the meat production of every state you have quoted. Everyone produces meat.
West Bengal animal slaughter act was mainly targeted at the Hindu tradition of animal sacrifice during Durga Pooja and for Kali pooja.

Not cow..animals!!!! And Cows are included in animals!!!

Can you quote me which specific bill or act or law mentions "all animals, not just cows"?

Even if Cow slaughter is banned in India, why would we justify it to a Pakistani? Clean your mess first or apply for Indian passport.

So you have admitted that cow/cattle sacrifice is prohibited in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Gujarat, Kerala, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu & Pondicherry. Why is that?

it should be Man. why you don't understand simple words ?? :hitwall:

Cow Slaughter hurts 84% Population (Still it's happening). Cow is related to religious sentiments to many people in India.

Firstly, lets not lose focus on the fact that Maneka Gandhi is opposing the sale of the leather sneakers for animal protection rights issues and not religious issues. This is not some Hindu swami rising up and protesting that the sale goes against Hindu beliefs.

Secondly, it is difficult for Pakistanis to understand the concept that whilst religious sensitivity is written into law in India, it is not the basis of the Indian constitution which is secular. To simply the issue, let me suggest to our Pakistani friends the following scenario:

Secular Turkey which has a small percentage of Christians and Jews but is majority Muslim places a tender for berets for its army. A Christian Turk is cheaper than all other bidders. He discloses that the leather edging and support of the beret will be manufactured from pig hide rather than any other animal hide since Greece has an abundance of pig leathery and he can get it cheap from Greece. Would Pakistanis suggest that since Turkey is secular, the sentiments of the Muslim majority and Jew minority population and the majority Muslim soldiers in the Turk army be disregarded ?

I know that rather its more than that.

i am just asking if bharatis do support Cow Slaughter for leather products for the Indian army???
India is secular state

Unlike u we are Indians first then Hindu/Muslim/Christian/Sikh

Can you quote me which specific bill or act or law mentions "all animals, not just cows"?

Read post no. 50. Like I said, the ones mentioning cattle slaughter specifically are enacted to ensure it's done in a licensed slaughter house. It is not out rightly banned.

These kinds of threads should not be allowed as people only see as per their religious view and not others.

The problem is if you look at almost all threads they are heavily influenced by religion. Its sometimes difficult to try to be objective. If we stopped putting threads on that have these types of threads it would become monotonous. I think one of the great things about PDF is we are tolerant and raise all sorts of issues and don't stamp on views that are controversial.

If Cow will not be slaughtered, I am sure Muslims won't be Hurt......But if happens, Hindus are Hurts. [Still Not banned in India completely and beefs are sold in many markets, Government should banned ASAP]

Secular Turkey which has a small percentage of Christians and Jews but is majority Muslim places a tender for berets for its army. A Christian Turk is cheaper than all other bidders. He discloses that the leather edging and support of the beret will be manufactured from pig hide rather than any other animal hide since Greece has an abundance of pig leathery and he can get it cheap from Greece. Would Pakistanis suggest that since Turkey is secular, the sentiments of the Muslim majority and Jew minority population and the majority Muslim soldiers in the Turk army be disregarded ?

Can some pakistani answer this question raised in post#67

Firstly, lets not lose focus on the fact that Maneka Gandhi is opposing the sale of the leather sneakers for animal protection rights issues and not religious issues. This is not some Hindu swami rising up and protesting that the sale goes against Hindu beliefs.

Can any pakistani deny this part , posted in Post#67???

He is a resilient fellow.

Holy Cow - Indian Express

Read post no. 50. Like I said, the ones mentioning cattle slaughter specifically are enacted to ensure it's done in a licensed slaughter house. It is not out rightly banned.

You're wrong:

1. ANDHRA PRADESH: THE ANDHRA PRADESH PROHIBITION OF COW SLAUGHTER AND ANIMAL PRESERVATION ACT, 1977

- Slaughter of “Cow” prohibited
- Slaughter of bull, bullock allowed on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate, to be given only if the animal is not economical or is not likely to become economical for the purpose of breeding or draught / agricultural operations.

2. BIHAR: THE BIHAR PRESERVATION AND IIMPROVEMENT OF ANIMALS ACT, 1955

- Slaughter of cow and calf totally prohibited
- Slaughter of bull or bullock of over 15 years of age or has become permanently incapacitated for work or breeding due to injury, deformity or any incurable disease.

3. Goa: THE GOA , DAMAN & DIU PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1978.

- Total ban on slaughter of cow except when cow is suffering pain or contagious disease or for medical research.
- Prohibition of sale of beef or beef products in any form

4. Karnataka: THE KARNATAKA PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER AND CATTLE PRESERVATION ACT, 1964

- Slaughter of cow, calf of a cow or calf of a she-buffalo totally prohibited.
- Slaughter of bulls, bullocks and adult buffaloes permitted on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate provided cattle is over 12 years of age or is permanently incapacitated for breeding, draught or milk due to injury, deformity or any other cause.

5. Maharashtra: THE MAHARASHTRA ANIMAL PRESERVATION ACT, 1976

- Slaughter of cow totally prohibited.
- Slaughter of bulls, bullocks and buffaloes allowed on fit-for-slaughter certificate, if it is not likely to become economical for draught, breeding or milk (in the case of she-buffaloes) purposes.

6. Manipur: PROCLAMATION BY MAHARAJA - DARBAR RESOLUTION OF 1936

- “According to Hindu religion the killing of cow is a sinful act. It is also against Manipur Custom. I cannot allowed such things to be committed in my State. So if any one is seen killing a cow in the State he should be prosecuted.”

7. Orissa: THE ORISSA PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1960

- Slaughter of bull, bullock on fit-for-slaughter certificate if cattle is over 14 years of age or has become permanently unfit for breeding, draught.

8. Pondicherry: THE PONDICHERRY PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1968

- Slaughter of bull or bullock permitted on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate provided it is over age of 15 years or has become permanently unfit for breeding or draught.

9. Punjab: THE PUNJAB PROHIBITION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1955

- Slaughter of cow (and its progeny) totally prohibited.
- Export for slaughter not permitted.
- Sale of beef prohibited.

10. Uttar Pradesh: THE UTTAR PRADESH PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1955

- Slaughter of bull or bullock permitted on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate provided it is over the age of 15 years or has become permanently unfit for breeding, draught and any agricultural operations.

ANNEX II

Shining Secular India

Can some pakistani answer this question raised in post#67

Can any pakistani deny this part , posted in Post#67???

Don't hold your breath. Pakistanis of Jana's calibre are in deep distress that the evil Hindoos in India have not made the lives of the Muslims there miserable and intolerable. They also cannot fathom how a majority Hindu nation is capable of adopting a secular democratic society. In their view, Hindus are a backward evil deginerate class of people who are incapable of logical thinking. This is what is taught to them in their societies. It pains them to learn the truth so ignorance serves their ideological mindset better. India being the focus of their hatred must be in turmoil. So, if an animal activist protests about the slaughter of cows or buffalos then it must be an evil Hindooo conspiracy, designed to be un-Islamic. Let them live in their ignorance. It serves our purpose as Indians better :D

You're wrong:

Shining Secular India

Yes, It's shinning India. It should be banned completely 100%. I think you are deliberately posting such things.

If you think, India should not be secular......Then Hope when BJP will come in power with full support. It declares A Hindu nation. I am sure, You will have problem then also........Actually, You will have problem with everything. But we don't care.

if it hurts peoples feelings....other options should be looked into and if done for a good reason,should not be done openly.

Secondly, it is difficult for Pakistanis to understand the concept that whilst religious sensitivity is written into law in India, it is not the basis of the Indian constitution which is secular. To simply the issue, let me suggest to our Pakistani friends the following scenario:

The Turks don't keep harping around like Indians do about their "secular" nature. And this thread isn't about Turkey or Pakistan, or anyone else. Just India.

Back
Top Bottom