What's new

Maneka opposes cow slaughter for Army sneakers, stalls project.

In their view, Hindus are a backward evil deginerate class of people who are incapable of logical thinking. This is what is taught to them in their societies. It pains them to learn the truth so ignorance serves their ideological mindset better.

Spot on.

I recently saw one Pakistani talk show in which anchor said that Sati is still practiced in India but under another name. He forgot that the most powerful woman in India currently is a widow so was the lady who cut Pakistan into two and both share surname Ghandhi.

Spot on.

I recently saw one Pakistani talk show in which anchor said that Sati is still practiced in India but under another name.

I've seen educated Hindus tell me that the caste system in India was in the past, & is pretty much non-existent today, when the fact of the matter is that it is still going on very strong in most of India.

The Turks don't keep harping around like Indians do about their "secular" nature. And this thread isn't about Turkey or Pakistan, or anyone else. Just India.

You are either extremely dumb or just playing dumb to suit your point of view. Read my post before you reply. Seing that you profess to live in New Jersey, I would expect some of that backward American liberal education to have enlightened your ability to read analytically. I gave you a hypothetical situation relating to a secular Muslim state (Turkey) vis a vis a secular Hindu state (india). Now get your brain working before you start hitting the keyboard

The Turks don't keep harping around like Indians do about their "secular" nature. And this thread isn't about Turkey or Pakistan, or anyone else. Just India.

Who told you that ?? 95% Countries are secular countries in the world. We don't shout. We don't need also. We are not religious countries like Pakistan that's why we are in Top 3 Economy[PPP]. If we would be Religious country. I am sure, Situation would be same like Pakistan.

Our priories are different. But you will never understand as you were not born in Secular country.

You are either extremely dumb or just playing dumb to suit your point of view. Read my post before you reply. Seing that you profess to live in New Jersey, I would expect some of that backward American liberal education to have enlightened your ability to read analytically. I gave you a hypothetical situation relating to a secular Muslim state (Turkey) vis a vis a secular Hindu state (india). Now get your brain working before you start hitting the keyboard

Again, I have no concern with hypothetical situations on impertinent subjects, just facts related to the topic at hand.

Firstly this thread is about maneka gandhi and secondly who the hell is bilal to give a certificate of india being secular.

I've seen educated Hindus tell me that the caste system in India was in the past, & is pretty much non-existent today, when the fact of the matter is that it is still going on very strong in most of India.

I also had educated Muslims tell me that Jihad is a fight within one's self to remove evil within. How do I equate that with the fact that most Muslims who I've seen practice Jihad do so by strapping bombs onto their waists and make schnitzels of themselves makes your guess as good as mine

Firstly this thread is about maneka gandhi and secondly who the hell is bilal to give a certificate of india being secular.

The point I have raised in my posts is related to cows & cow slaughter, perfectly in line with the title, & the topic being discussed on this thread.

You're wrong:

1. ANDHRA PRADESH: THE ANDHRA PRADESH PROHIBITION OF COW SLAUGHTER AND ANIMAL PRESERVATION ACT, 1977

- Slaughter of “Cow” prohibited
- Slaughter of bull, bullock allowed on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate, to be given only if the animal is not economical or is not likely to become economical for the purpose of breeding or draught / agricultural operations.

2. BIHAR: THE BIHAR PRESERVATION AND IIMPROVEMENT OF ANIMALS ACT, 1955

- Slaughter of cow and calf totally prohibited
- Slaughter of bull or bullock of over 15 years of age or has become permanently incapacitated for work or breeding due to injury, deformity or any incurable disease.

3. Goa: THE GOA , DAMAN & DIU PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1978.

- Total ban on slaughter of cow except when cow is suffering pain or contagious disease or for medical research.
- Prohibition of sale of beef or beef products in any form

4. Karnataka: THE KARNATAKA PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER AND CATTLE PRESERVATION ACT, 1964

- Slaughter of cow, calf of a cow or calf of a she-buffalo totally prohibited.
- Slaughter of bulls, bullocks and adult buffaloes permitted on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate provided cattle is over 12 years of age or is permanently incapacitated for breeding, draught or milk due to injury, deformity or any other cause.

5. Maharashtra: THE MAHARASHTRA ANIMAL PRESERVATION ACT, 1976

- Slaughter of cow totally prohibited.
- Slaughter of bulls, bullocks and buffaloes allowed on fit-for-slaughter certificate, if it is not likely to become economical for draught, breeding or milk (in the case of she-buffaloes) purposes.

6. Manipur: PROCLAMATION BY MAHARAJA - DARBAR RESOLUTION OF 1936

- “According to Hindu religion the killing of cow is a sinful act. It is also against Manipur Custom. I cannot allowed such things to be committed in my State. So if any one is seen killing a cow in the State he should be prosecuted.”

7. Orissa: THE ORISSA PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1960

- Slaughter of bull, bullock on fit-for-slaughter certificate if cattle is over 14 years of age or has become permanently unfit for breeding, draught.

8. Pondicherry: THE PONDICHERRY PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1968

- Slaughter of bull or bullock permitted on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate provided it is over age of 15 years or has become permanently unfit for breeding or draught.

9. Punjab: THE PUNJAB PROHIBITION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1955

- Slaughter of cow (and its progeny) totally prohibited.
- Export for slaughter not permitted.
- Sale of beef prohibited.

10. Uttar Pradesh: THE UTTAR PRADESH PREVENTION OF COW SLAUGHTER ACT, 1955

- Slaughter of bull or bullock permitted on ‘fit-for-slaughter’ certificate provided it is over the age of 15 years or has become permanently unfit for breeding, draught and any agricultural operations.

ANNEX II

Shining Secular India

Ok. Once again go find data of each state. Also learn to read between the lines. Bulls and Bullocks are male, cows are female.

According to reports, production of mainly buffalo meat is set to rise to approximately 2.7 million tonnes. Around a third of production (850,000 tonnes) is predicted to be exported, mainly to South East Asia and the Gulf states.
In such markets where Australian and Indian product co-exist, Australian beef faces considerable price competition from Indian buffalo beef.
There is major potential for India to significantly increase production because of the current low level of technology across the supply chain.
Currently, India is considered the world’s third biggest beef exporter in terms of volume, behind Brazil and Australia.
Robust growth of beef and poultry in India
Monday, 30 August 2010 00:00
Beef and poultry production in India is expected to increased by 29% and 41% respectively up to the 2013-2014 fiscal year due to increased demand from higher incomes and prevalence of western style restaurants, says the latest edition of India Agribusiness Report. It said over the last five-year forecast period, production across all agricultural subsectors will be positive, spurred by increased demand, foreign direct investment. Dairy and livestock will also benefit from improved technology adoption, which could set a strong example and produce a model for other subsectors to follow. Because of marketing schemes targeted at the general population and generally greater demand for high-value dairy products such as yoghurt and cottage cheese, butter and milk production is expected to grow by 38% and 26% respectively to 2013/14.

Again, I have no concern with hypothetical situations on impertinent subjects, just facts related to the topic at hand.

Fine, then stick to that madressa education which you got in Pakistan and live with your ignorance in Hoboken. You are clearly beyond education and unworthy of my attempts to point out logic ;)

I also had educated Muslims tell me that Jihad is a fight within one's self to remove evil within. How do I equate that with the fact that most Muslims who I've seen practice Jihad do so by strapping bombs onto their waists and make schnitzels of themselves makes your guess as good as mine

You clearly haven't met many Muslims in your life if you think most Muslims practice Jihad by strapping bombs onto their waists.

How many Muslims do you personally know that have practiced 'Jihad' by strapping bombs onto their waists?

Fine, then stick to that madressa education which you got in Pakistan and live with your ignorance in Hoboken. You are clearly beyond education and unworthy of my attempts to point out logic ;)

You clearly don't know me if you think I got a Madrassah education :lol:

Other people on this forum know me pretty well. I'm not even a religious person, & I could care less about the conditions of Muslims in the Middle East or anywhere else.

You clearly haven't met many Muslims in your life if you think most Muslims practice Jihad by strapping bombs onto their waists.

How many Muslims do you personally know that have practiced 'Jihad' by strapping bombs onto their waists?

Umm are you being serious or just displaying your ignorance of world affairs and world opinion on Islam due to terrorism being practised by radicals of that religion internationally. Did you hear of 9/11 ?

If anyone is harping it is Pakistan about their supposedly unassailable position as the most powerful Islamic country as they possess the 'Islamic Bomb' but in realty Muslim countries listen to KSA and Turkey and doesn't give 2 hoots to Pakistan.

Ok. Once again go find data of each state. Also learn to read between the lines. Bulls and Bullocks are male, cows are female.

According to reports, production of mainly buffalo meat is set to rise to approximately 2.7 million tonnes. Around a third of production (850,000 tonnes) is predicted to be exported, mainly to South East Asia and the Gulf states.
In such markets where Australian and Indian product co-exist, Australian beef faces considerable price competition from Indian buffalo beef.
There is major potential for India to significantly increase production because of the current low level of technology across the supply chain.
Currently, India is considered the world’s third biggest beef exporter in terms of volume, behind Brazil and Australia.
Robust growth of beef and poultry in India
Monday, 30 August 2010 00:00
Beef and poultry production in India is expected to increased by 29% and 41% respectively up to the 2013-2014 fiscal year due to increased demand from higher incomes and prevalence of western style restaurants, says the latest edition of India Agribusiness Report. It said over the last five-year forecast period, production across all agricultural subsectors will be positive, spurred by increased demand, foreign direct investment. Dairy and livestock will also benefit from improved technology adoption, which could set a strong example and produce a model for other subsectors to follow. Because of marketing schemes targeted at the general population and generally greater demand for high-value dairy products such as yoghurt and cottage cheese, butter and milk production is expected to grow by 38% and 26% respectively to 2013/14.

In all these examples, I have pointed out that the slaughter of cows is exclusively prohibited, whereas the slaughter of other animals is permitted on certain conditions. Why is that?

Back
Top Bottom