What's new

Man lynched in Mian Chunnu over alleged blasphemy

This shit need to stop. Killing on the name of God. It is embarrassing. Government must stop. This is going too far.

Happened in Indian Punjab too some time ago.

Lynching is a socio-cultural problem peculiar to South Asia. I don't see regular mob lynching for religious and political reasons other than in South Asia. This is a serious problem which needs educational effort to eradicate by training people not to become violent and murderous when offended.

Disrespecting a state, flag, religion, holy object, animal or a person doesn't legally deserve death or life in prison, not even close. Sanctity of human life is above it. If I were a Judge and someone tore something venerated by the public at most I would tell him to apologize and pay a medium fine. In America burning the American flag as a form of protest is actually protected as freedom of speech.

No

Decisive actions must be taken on a foundational level, and reforms must be made. It's more than just about the blasphemy law, it's a deeper issue in societal thinking.

Which decisive actions and what reforms? Is it society's own thinking and culture?

There you go again.....

So Pakistan was made for Muslims to live safely and peacefully.....as Hindus are demons etc etc.....Well, it's a shame that Muslims are slaying Muslims in the name of Blasphemy....the whole society has become insane......

And here we are crying about Indians don't allow Muslim girls to wear Veil.....at least they don't burn them alive.....like us here.

This is what happens when you make vague laws that are not based on Quran or Sunnah. Engineer and Ghamidi have already discussed this issue. This will only get worse.
It is more to do with morals, values and upbringing, rather than the actual laws themselves.
People have no concept of freedom of thought and diversity of opinion.
They are brought up to defer to power, conform to custom and tradition, never to question the conventional wisdom. It turns them into zombies devoid of thinking or rationalising, programmed to follow the crowd.
Why do you think the rate of change in Pakistani society is glacial?

Which begs the question why only a particular segment is showing a voilent streak why not others? E.g Shia, Ahle Hadees?

Is it more to do with the indoctrination at an early age ?
They all have a violent streak, they are different sides of the same coin.
There is nothing more barbaric and inhumane than a self righteous religious bigot with the power of the mob at his disposal.
Just refer to what is happening in Iraq ( just as an example off the top of my head).
The extent and brutality of the atrocities carried out there by both sides would chill your blood.

Across the UK in the 1980s/1990s it was common for Molanas to use physical violance to punish children misbehaving or had not learnt their Quranic/Islamic lesson.
I once remember a child with learning difficulties had a meltdown and slammed his fists on the sapara. The entire class gasped and told the teacher.
As expected the teacher responded in a very serious alarming manner.

Back
Top Bottom