What's new

Man arrested for Pakistani crescent on Indian flag

How about hoisting flags with certain types of cartoons on it..??

Dekho niyat, niyat ki baat hoti hai.

One is CLEARLY an attempt to offend, one is just a flag hoisted in a wrong way. But still I would let home associations deal with it, you know there are policies what flag you can hoist where and a simple fine, should suffice.

You, maybe yes... but in Pakistan, you know what happens to someone who is even falsely accused of burning anything related to Quran. We saw a few instances in recent past now.. Didnt we ? But you are right.. The judicial system's time is still not wasted.. If you know what i mean..

PS: Pretty neat play of words on your nick :)

In that case the spirit of the law and its implementation is wrong too... My position on blasphemy laws is known to all - Abolish them.

Its situation dependent.. try ticking a girl sitting next to you in your high school (or equivalent) in UAE.. It would certainly be a much bigger hoo-hah than a case for torture.. ;)
Yes, but point was that the victim alone can't dictate what charge should be levied... RIGHT? Eve-teasing is a lesser offence than torture right? Say the same tickled girl comes to the station and says "File a case for rape"... then? Police wala has some responsibility in filing the right case too.

Dude, consider everything when you study this news. Right now emotions are high because of LOC incident. People are angry at Pakistan. If a person do something like this and a person reports, Police don't intervene, the things may spiral out in this tense environment

Clearly you are correct that emotions are high - but then emotions right at best 50% of the time and in this case they are clearly wrong.

so is that mean we officially own the crescent symbol now.. Crescent means Pakistani flag!!!

so is that mean we officially own the crescent symbol now.. Crescent means Pakistani flag!!!

Yes , according to the OP and the Pakistani Source of the news that has been used . Crescent is all yours !!

He violated the Indian constitution and he was arrested for that. I dont understand what people in countries which give an official holiday to riot have to complain about this ? :what:

He violated the Indian constitution and he was arrested for that. I dont understand what people in countries which give an official holiday to riot have to complain about this ? :what:

Tell me about it, some of the $hit I hear in PDF is ridiculous. Its like they say no Muslim anywhere can be arrested even if they blatantly break the law.

Dekho niyat, niyat ki baat hoti hai.
One is CLEARLY an attempt to offend, one is just a flag hoisted in a wrong way. But still I would let home associations deal with it, you know there are policies what flag you can hoist where and a simple fine, should suffice.

And niyat is to be decided by court. disfiguring the national flag is a criminal offence and not a civil one that entails fine..

Say the same tickled girl comes to the station and says "File a case for rape"... then? Police wala has some responsibility in filing the right case too.

The FIR in that case will be of rape and will be followed up by investigation which will result in a chargesheet based on that investigation. FIR = First Information Report != Charge sheet

Police lockup also costs something right? Is a person wanted for hoisting a flag improperly a threat to society that he had to be locked up?

Now you are talking about the officer's right, before you said he would be compelled to do so. Clearly he (mis)USED his rights, to ensure the person is locked up in jail, it wasn't a default SOP as you implied and I ask the question again, how farigh are these people?

He might not be a threat to society but he definitively could go absconding. Who will be brought to question if that happens?

You need to remember that this complaint was filed by a third party and not the cops. Hence, it is obligatory for the police to carry out it's due diligence within the purview of the law. I simply pointed out that the investigating officer is well within his rights to detain since you were earlier questioning the legality/implementation of such detentions.

BTW how one can determine Niyat of any man involved in a case ? By court or we trust him ? :undecided:

Guys what about if Pakistani flag is painted SAFFRON?

Tell me whats gonna happen in Pakistan.....
Only request, BE HONEST MY PAKISTANI FOLKS....

Guys what about if Pakistani flag is painted SAFFRON?

Tell me whats gonna happen in Pakistan.....
Only request, BE HONEST MY PAKISTANI FOLKS....

Well thats disrespecting Pakistani flag.

If someone does the same here, we are violating his rights.

Know the difference and hypocricy.

It violates Indian constitution. He is right to be arrested. thats it.

Well thats disrespecting Pakistani flag.

If someone does the same here, we are violating his rights.

Know the difference and hypocricy.

It violates Indian constitution. He is right to be arrested. thats it.

So why is this stupid irrelivant thread still alive?
Close it down...

Back
Top Bottom