What's new

Man arrested for Pakistani crescent on Indian flag

I agree India needs to change its laws regarding the use of flags, such as the flag is not allowed to be used on underwear. If the Indian flag does really stand for freedom of speech, then it must change these laws in order protect the value of the flag.

Respecting the flag itself is another matter, In Sri lanka, according to regulations the proper way to discard and old flag is to.
1.Follow proper folding procedures and fold the flag.
2.Place the flag on a white cloth, and follow proper wrapping procedures.
3.Burn the flag in dignified manner.

Outside of the military and official use no one really follows these procedures, However no one is arrested and put in Jail for not following them either.

The Indian government should compensate this man and give him apology letter as far as I'm concerned.

all those killed were not part of the mob but all those six Muslims were going for their daily routine tasks.
The police was party to Hindu mob's planes and they killed only Muslims.

now dont put words in m y mouth and get me banned

the problem is the sunni sect which are not even muslims. they give bad name to the good bohras khwajas ahmadi ismaili and shias muslims of india.

LoL - Who are you to give a religious certificate for who is a Muslim or not, STFU about things you have no idea of understanding.

I agree India needs to change its laws regarding the use of flags, such as the flag is not allowed to be used on underwear. If the Indian flag does really stand for freedom of speech, then it must change these laws in order protect the value of the flag.

Respecting the flag itself is another matter, In Sri lanka, according to regulations the proper way to discard and old flag is to.

Outside of the military and official use no one really follows these procedures, However no one is arrested and put in Jail for not following them either.

The Indian government should compensate this man and give him apology letter as far as I'm concerned.

Bravo!!!! :enjoy:

Who told you indian flag stands for freedom of expression? Did you decide that yourself? The indian flag is a national symbol that can not be vandalised and insulted in India. Similar to how one can not insult buddha in sri lanka.

BBC News - French tourists guilty in Sri Lanka over Buddha photos

There is law in place, you want us to apologise to one who may have broken the law, wow, is that a special advice for indians only???

BTW in Jaipur, Islamic organizations protesting against Literary Festival where someone will speak lines from Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie.

Seems like Indian Muslims have right to protest too. Last year Salman Rushdie arrival in Jaipur was also protested. No Pakistani said anything about denial of Rushdie because of Indian Muslim protest. :lol:

Salman is the greatest muslim that ever lived and an intellectual. he is one of the reason the world still thinks muslims have a chance in this world. he should be given greatest respect by all muslims and also taslima nasreen who is the bravest muslim ever who was the first muslim to introspect.

Bravo!!!! :enjoy:

bhai tomorrow you give bravo when very soon a christian or hindu will be arrested for burning a quran (likely placed by a mullah in a deranged boys bag)

bhai tomorrow you give bravo when very soon a christian or hindu will be arrested for burning a quran (likely placed by a mullah in a deranged boys bag)

One blasphemy case against current Ambassador to US is already in process for calling Rehman Malik as Shaitan Malik

Double Bravo!!!! :enjoy:

Who told you indian flag stands for freedom of expression? Did you decide that yourself? The indian flag is a national symbol that can not be vandalised and insulted in India. Similar to how one can not insult buddha in sri lanka.

There is law in place, you want us to apologise to one who may have broken the law, wow, is that a special advice for indians only???

Interesting news article, this didn't make the local news tho.

I do understand people can be arrested and thrown out for disrespect inside any sacred site under property laws, as these are not public property and have been vested in Department of archeology under the National heritage ministry. Also they can be charged with property damage and vandalism on private property, if it does occur.

Interesting news article, this didn't make the local news tho.

I do understand people can be arrested and thrown out for disrespect inside any sacred site under property laws, as these are not public property and have been vested in Department of archeology under the National heritage ministry. Also they can be charged with property damage and vandalism on private property, if it does occur.

Same here. The respect of the flag and its dignity and its protection is guaranteed by law. Besides one not only vandalises it but also flies it to create trouble sir, not for freedom of expression.

Its best the law handles it and not the people. NOT ideal in an ideal world, but ideal for the situation we are in.

Its best the law handles it and not the people. NOT ideal in an ideal world, but ideal for the situation we are in.

I agree with you to some extent, that these laws are in place to maintain the pace. However people need to understand that its not the flag that's important but the values it stands for and more importantly that these values are enforced.
If someone wants to mistreat the flag, as long as their the owner of it, let him. He is only damaging his own property, however putting him jail is throwing mud on the values of the flag.

LoL - Who are you to give a religious certificate for who is a Muslim or not, STFU about things you have no idea of understanding.

Yes an Indian can't can't issue certificate, as according to Indian law all Muslims are muslim, be it shia , ahmedi or Bohra....

But I agree with funtoosh, non-sunnis are more prosperous, educated and rich in India. I don't know anything about Pakistan, so no comment...

@topic: why this man made crescend moon on flag??? was he making flag of his house???

Yes an Indian can't can't issue certificate, as according to Indian law all Muslims are muslim, be it shia , ahmedi or Bohra....

But I agree with funtoosh, non-sunnis are more prosperous, educated and rich in India. I don't know anything about Pakistan, so no comment...

@topic: why this man made crescend moon on flag??? was he making flag of his house???

I am a Shia - and in Pakistan - we have prosperous people from all communities.
Maybe he is proud to be an indian Muslim, remember the Crescent Moon is an Islamic symbol.

I agree with you to some extent, that these laws are in place to maintain the pace. However people need to understand that its not the flag that's important but the values it stands for and more importantly that these values are enforced.
If someone wants to mistreat the flag, as long as their the owner of it, let him. He is only damaging his own property, however putting him jail is throwing mud on the values of the flag.

Although one owns some things, the state has rights over it too. For example currency notes, passport etc. One may own them but may not destroy or vandalise them.

I do not think the values that the indian flag represents includes unlimited freedom of expression. Thats not how it was from day 1. So i do not think any mud is being thrown on the flag here.

Vandalising the flag is not as important a ''right'' as the right to safety and harmony.

I am a Shia - and in Pakistan - we have prosperous people from all communities.
Maybe he is proud to be an indian Muslim, remember the Crescent Moon is an Islamic symbol.

Which is not on tricolor. tricolor is not flag of Islamic India, rather its of secular India. Tomorrow if I put Lord Hanuman Pic instead of Chakra (wheel) and hoist it over my roof, police will defy catch me... rules are same for all. COz he is Muslim he can not get any concession.

I talked about India, In India sunni have low standard than average Shia, I should not say this but look wise Shia and Bohra are different that sunni.

Its common belief in India that Shia are upper caste in Muslim than Sunni (This is what I heard from my village elders)

Although one owns some things, the state has rights over it too. For example currency notes, passport etc. One may own them but may not destroy or vandalise them.

I'm not sure about India, but here, ownership of a property is usually given to producer of the item. As such currency notes are owned by the central bank, and passports are owned by the Department of Immigration and Emigration. You merely have the right to use them as set out by the terms and conditions.

I do not think the values that the indian flag represents includes unlimited freedom of expression. Thats not how it was from day 1. So i do not think any mud is being thrown on the flag here.

If that's the case and likely given the law, I'm not here to change India's values. I'm just expressing my opinion.

Vandalising the flag is not as important a ''right'' as the right to safety and harmony.

India violated this mans, safety and harmony for expressing an idea on his property. Doesn't seem very fair to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom