What's new

Mamata hopes for stronger ties with Bangladesh

I will also ask Bangladeshi women to boycott her BJP-funded fashion wares, but these women are way too naïve - this will be a waste fo time (sigh) ...

Fair.

Dalits will not be approved by the BJP central command, they hate Dalit folks.

Absolutely ! And though there is the BJP Dalit Morcha it is as for optics as that Muslim morcha of RSS.

Ardent Hindutvadi Sadhvi Pragya once indicated on a public stage that she is surprised that Shudras and other Lower Castes don't really like their lower socio-economic status.

The likes of BJP's Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister of UP, would like the Manusmriti to replace Indian's current Constitution whose main writer was the Dalit leader Ambedkar.

OK I am willing to consider your viewpoints, but what have WB leaders done to oppose Bangladesh' interests, other than oppose sharing of Teesta waters - which they can defend on home politics grounds?

I will admit that with nationalists like Garga, there can be anti-Bangladesh feelings to some extent, which they are hiding for now. But that still remains to be seen. Even in Garga's movement, large portion of Muslim leaders can be seen, which is a sign of things to come, as Muslim opposition to Hindutva in WB mobilizes.

WB Hindutva leaders are playing it safe, not trying to stir the Hornet's nest of Muslim electorate in WB. Although they are given to gaseous anti-Bangladesh statements once in a while. These are mainly in the form of opposing "illegal immigrants" from Bangladesh - which is largely fiction.

There is a reason Mamata is called Mamtaz Begum by real Hindutvas since she appeals to the large Muslim electorate in WB.

Fanning communalism does not work as well in WB as it does in, say - UP.

The difference is - people are educated in WB.

Same thing in say - Kerala. Rate of education is far higher than cow-belt states.

The reasons why they are our enemies is in own post, i do not need to elaborate.

There would have been no reason for Bengal to partition if we could have trust anyone from WB. They are and will always remain our enemies. We must treat them as persona non grata at every level without exception.

The reasons why they are our enemies is in own post, i do not need to elaborate.

There would have been no reason for Bengal to partition if we could have trust anyone from WB. They are and will always remain our enemies. We must treat them as persona non grata at every level without exception.

No one is asking us to offer daughters' hands to their grooms. Or something similar. Meye biye dewar kotha hocchena bhai.

But keeping them at arm's length will pay dividends as they are a buffer state between Hindutva cow belt and us. There is some synergy between what they want as far as resisting Hindutva and what we want.

I don't need to remind folks what would have happened if BJP/Modi won WB. Perish the thought.

At some point we need the leverage to treat them as a quasi-client state, borders notwithstanding. Meaning there needs to be some kind of indirect influence.

We already have trade leverage as most of Indian imports to Bangladesh pass through WB and they benefit by Octroi and other ways. Not to mention Bangladeshi tourism and medical tourism to Kolkata.

But I do get your point about some caution.

That being said, fostering needless enmity (where there is no current conflict) between population groups is counterproductive most of the time.

@Atlas Bhai what is your opinion?

Her ex affiliations with BJP is questionable. Woo'ing the Muslims just for votes does not mean we are friends.

Her ex affiliations with BJP is questionable. Woo'ing the Muslims just for votes does not mean we are friends.
No one is asking us to offer daughters' hands to their grooms. Or something similar. Meye biye dewar kotha hocchena bhai.

But keeping them at arm's length will pay dividends as they are a buffer state between Hindutva cow belt and us. There is some synergy between what they want as far as resisting Hindutva and what we want.

I don't need to remind folks what would have happened if BJP/Modi won WB. Perish the thought.

At some point we need the leverage to treat them as a quasi-client state, borders notwithstanding. Meaning there needs to be some kind of indirect influence.

We already have trade leverage as most of Indian imports to Bangladesh pass through WB and they benefit by Octroi and other ways. Not to mention Bangladeshi tourism and medical tourism to Kolkata.

That being said, fostering needless enmity (where there is no current conflict) between population groups is counterproductive most of the time.

No epic mistakes to trust anyone or anything from WB. They are our sworn enemy, they are not a buffer state.

BJP lead government is already on our border e.g tripura and assam.... the situation will remain equally disagreeable whoever is in power in WB.

Off all the enemies we face the WB hindutva forces are the most awful. Do not forget history, they are the worst.

WB people should not be castigated aside for the partition of Bengal or India. Muslims are responsible for the partition of India and Hindus of Bengal for the partition of Bengal.

However, all the then leaders decided to divide the country and the Provinces to ease the communal tensions pre-1947. Now it is time we patch up things.

We should not bite the hand of a person who extends it to show friendship towards us.

@Bilal9 bhai, I agree with your point. Still we have to be self sufficient, teesta project must start and finish in proper time. You see it's Mamata banarjee who doesn't give us water?

However BJP was immidiate threat to Bangladesh, and if they would win in WB , they would never give us water, but also would create trouble ,would try to push their Muslim citizens to Bangladesh.

BJP is savage, lack leadership quality and that can openly become hostile like Myanmar.

But others in India atleast can't do that.

So yes we can maintain good relationship with Mamata ,but we have to be very careful about our water and also about culture.
This part is exactly my words , so yes whole heartedly agree. We should be friend of friends and enemy of enemies.

So since there is no direct conflict, so we must not seek for battle or enmity; only fools will do that.

So the bottom line is , we will hope for the best , but will be prepared for the worst.
We aren't friends, but there is no reason that we will become enemies. We just can remain as friendly neighbours, but we should never again come under their influence like past days.

And she was affiliated with BJP that's true , but not anymore.

I think she is dreaming of becoming PM of India, so yes she can be alternative to Congress.

As long as BJP will remain in power in India, it's neighbors will feel threatened.

It is in BD's interest to woo the liberals and Muslims of WB.

It will start paying dividends from 2022 onwards. Might even be sooner

WB people should not be castigated aside for the partition of Bengal or India. Muslims are responsible for the partition of India and Hindus of Bengal for the partition of Bengal.

However, all the then leaders decided to divide the country and the Provinces to ease the communal tensions pre-1947. Now it is time we patch up things.

We should not bite the hand of a person who extends it to show friendship towards us.
Disagree completely.

WB are the most duplicitious of the indians. If you do not learn from your history you will relive it.

There is nothing to patch up, they are our eternal enemies and represents an existential risk. If you want to destroy the raison detre of Bangladesh go ahead and extend your hand of friendship to an outstretched hand from the other side hiding a knife.
It is in BD's interest to woo the liberals and Muslims of WB.

It will start paying dividends from 2022 onwards. Might even be sooner

There is no such thing as liberal WB. They are all differing shades of hindutva. Dont fall the fake narratives. Any WB who wants to remain within India is a hindutva.

Disagree completely.

WB are the most duplicitious of the indians. If you do not learn from your history you will relive it.

There is nothing to patch up, they are our eternal enemies and represents an existential risk. If you want to destroy the raison detre of Bangladesh go ahead and extend your hand of friendship to an outstretched hand from the other side hiding a knife.
As far as I understand, BD cannot create new neighbors arbitrarily to choose better friends among them. Or, can it really do so? If not, it is better not to deliberately create more animosity with our current neighbors.

Is there any real issue/reason to be an enemy of WB?

Guess the Teesta deal is not going through for another 5 years.
I agree to many of these points - however that's not something BJP can do as most of these are opposite to their ideologies. In Bengal we don't have casteism like other places, people are more liberal and free thinkers. Women have more respect and society likes to debate. The stalwarts of past have made the society more tolerant towards social differences. Imagine trying to provoke nationalism using Ram, hindi chauvinism in the place of Durga/Kali and bangla culture. I don't think the polarization which works beautifully in UP will work that well in WB.
And send your men around the country especially to south India. :enjoy: You people need a lot more industries than what you have now. And quickly before states like Jharkhand and Orissa take a bulk of business away like Gujju's did back in the day.

As far as I understand, BD cannot create new neighbors arbitrarily to choose better friends among them. Or, can it really do so? If not, it is better not to deliberately create more animosity with our current neighbors.

Is there any real issue/reason to be an enemy of WB?

We are surrounded by enemies.... no amount of wishfull thinking will make them otherwise....

Farakka, teesta, hindutva..... the list goes on. You can choose to look the other way and imagine away their enmity towards us but I wont.

Guess the Teesta deal is not going through for another 5 years.

And send your men around the country especially to south India. :enjoy: You people need a lot more industries than what you have now. And quickly before states like Jharkhand and Orissa take a bulk of business away like Gujju's did back in the day.

I don’t think that’s the point of this thread - you may start a different thread if you want to have a discussion on economy. Lets not derail the topic.

We are surrounded by enemies.... no amount of wishfull thinking will make them otherwise....

Farakka, teesta
, hindutva..... the list goes on. You can choose to look the other way and imagine away their enmity towards us but I wont.
Water that runs down the Farakka or Teesta flows to the BoB straight even after India/WB built these two barrages.

My question is if water is such a precious thing why then BD allows it to go south to fall in the BoB? Should not BD contain it in these two rivers to irrigate farmlands during the winter?

BD is not doing it but is shouting at India/WB for something for which BD itself is more responsible. BD must preserve the water resources instead of blaming others.

Do not you really think so?

Water that runs down the Farakka or Teesta flows to the BoB straight even after India/WB built these two barrages.

My question is if water is such a precious thing why then BD allows it to go south to fall in the BoB? Should not BD contain it in these two rivers to irrigate farmlands during the winter?

BD is not doing it but is shouting at India/WB for something for which BD itself is more responsible. BD must preserve the water resources instead of blaming others.

Do not you really think so?

No i dont. Where in the world have you seen any country in the world being able to control a major river system. Does BD have enough land to create reservoirs for water in country? What happens when they WB scums subsequently floods BD by artifically creating a wall of water on their side. River systems are shared resources that WB has monopolised without agreement and weaponised against us. No upper riparian contry has the right to cause damage to lower riparian country.

WB/india is an enemy of BD, they undertake willfull harm against us on a daily basis. Your inability to see it does not change the reality.

Back
Top Bottom