What's new

Mamata hopes for stronger ties with Bangladesh

Attachments

• 1620419008795.png
    1620419008795.png
    582.8 KB · Views: 22
without a big national level Bengali leader within BJP controlling one of the top 4 ministries (PM,Home,Finance,Defence) there is not a good chance of BJP or any national party coming to rule in Bengal

that said not every supporter within TMC would enjoy the largesse afforded by being in government....this is exactly how TMC defeated the Left....the Left workers who were not seeing any gains joined TMC......so BJP needs to follow the same playbook....and BJP needs to polarize on religious angle...90%+ of 30% Muslims have voted for TMC....on top of that Muslim voting percentage is much much higher.......BJP needs more Hindu voter involvement and completely control the 70% Hindu vote...the 28% Muslim vote..they should forget about it

And given the political violence in Bengal is getting national play...this is the right time for BJP to polarize the state

Few things BJP needs to avoid

1) Stop demanding vegetarianism from Bengali Hindus

2) Stop demanding more religiosity from Bengali Hindus

3) Stop trying to curb the freer gender relations in Bengal...BF-GF relationships and even live-in relationships are not shocking there

4) Stop playing up their association with cow urine

5) Stop giving so much reverence to North Indian religious Hindu figures...when the most prominent Hindu leaders during the time of British Raj AND SPEAKING against the British Raj were Bengalis (Vivekananda,Aurobindo)....While people like Sri Swaminarayan did very little

6) Give importance to Bengali women leaders------->this is something they have done right this time

Though I am not pro-BJP this is a little playbook for them to defeat TMC

I agree to many of these points - however that's not something BJP can do as most of these are opposite to their ideologies. In Bengal we don't have casteism like other places, people are more liberal and free thinkers. Women have more respect and society likes to debate. The stalwarts of past have made the society more tolerant towards social differences. Imagine trying to provoke nationalism using Ram, hindi chauvinism in the place of Durga/Kali and bangla culture. I don't think the polarization which works beautifully in UP will work that well in WB.

Modi then Amit Shah then Yogi Adityanath...

TMC also fields glamour candidates who know nothing about politics

Yeah some TMC candidates are very young, hope they can start talking about issues and solutions instead of just being pretty faces.

Didi is getting old - she better groom some good leadership.

TMC - Mimi Chakraborty
iu

TMC - Nusrat Jahan
Nusrat-Jahan-1.jpg

TMC Saayoni Ghosh
iu

Hope TMC does not get re-named, "Hotties-R-Us". 8-)

Last edited:
I agree to many of these points - however that's not something BJP can do as most of these are opposite to their ideologies. In Bengal we don't have casteism like other places, people are more liberal and free thinkers. Women have more respect and society likes to debate. The stalwarts of past have made the society more tolerant towards social differences. Imagine trying to provoke nationalism using Ram, hindi chauvinism in the place of Durga/Kali and bangla culture. I don't think the polarization which works beautifully in UP will work that well in WB.
Yeah some TMC candidates are very young, hope they can start talking about issues and solutions instead of just being pretty faces.

TMC - Mimi Chakraborty
iu

TMC - Nusrat Jahan
Nusrat-Jahan-1.jpg

TMC Saayoni Ghosh
iu

Didnot Saayoni Ghosh lose to Agnimitra Paul from BJP?

bengal-bjp.jpg

TMC - Mimi Chakraborty
iu

TMC - Nusrat Jahan
Nusrat-Jahan-1.jpg

TMC Saayoni Ghosh
iu

Hope TMC does not et re-named, "Hotties-R-Us". 8-)

Lookout for Mahua Moitra - she is absolute fire. You will find her speeches in youtube. Education helps a lot.

Now that you said it...this gives me another idea for a renewed BJP strategy...Eventhough casteism is not prevalent in Bengal, the top posts in Bengali politics have been heavily upper caste dominated Jyoti Basu (Zamindar?), Mamata Banerjee (Brahman), Pranab Mukherjee (Brahman), Buddhadeb Bhattacharya (Brahman), Subhas Chakraborty (Brahman), Mithun Chakroborty (Brahman), Somnath Chatterjee (Brahman).....

BJP should really focus on Dalit Bengali candidates (a faceless group in Bengal) and moreover Dalit WOMEN candidates..........Many non-Brahman Bengali Hindus will give BJP moral support if they exclusively field Dalit women candidates even in non-reserved seats

Now that you said it...this gives me another idea for a renewed BJP strategy...Eventhough casteism is not prevalent in Bengal, the top posts in Bengali politics have been heavily upper caste dominated Jyoti Basu (Zamindar?), Mamata Banerjee (Brahman), Pranab Mukherjee (Brahman), Buddhadeb Bhattacharya (Brahman), Subhas Chakraborty (Brahman).....

BJP should really focus on Dalit Bengali candidates (a faceless group in Bengal) and moreover Dalit WOMEN candidates..........Many non-Brahman Bengali Hindus will give BJP moral support if they exclusively field Dalit women candidates even in non-reserved seats

I am sure they will try something new - however I remain sceptical. BJP doesn't like inclusiveness, their idea is always about uniformity and top-down approach from central leadership. Will they suddenly change to a party which starts talking about social matters and starts promoting local leaders? I have my doubts. This is against their ethos.
Look at Tripura, they installed an idiot CM in the state because they have no clue about local leadership. The guy was never in tripura before he became the CM. He was in delhi and was a vocal RS cadre. Now there is continuous revolt and hardcore BJP supporters in state are against him now. He has started full anarchy.

Lookout for Mahua Moitra - she is absolute fire. You will find her speeches in youtube. Education helps a lot.

Yes - her educational credentials are beyond reproach, compared to people from the BJP.

Mount Holyoke is an Ivy League school in the US and she was educated there. Few in Indian Parliament can claim of similar education.

But becoming a firebrand sometimes makes you get noticed and get vanquished early. Very risky.

I saw the speech where she accused the BJP judge of having credibility gap.

" Criticising the judiciary and the current government in the parliament on 8 February 2021, Moitra stated "The sacred cow that was the judiciary is no longer sacred, It stopped being sacred the day a sitting chief justice of this country was accused of sexual harassment, presided over his own trial, cleared himself and then proceeded to accept the nomination to the upper house within three months of retirement, replete with Z+ security cover". The speech caused an uproar in the house with member of the ruling party calling it 'objectionable' and violating parliamentary rules because it mentioned a person in "high authority". Member of opposition supported the speech as it was based on facts which are matters of public record.[24][25][26] The remarks were finally expunged from the records. On 11 February 2021, BJP leaders Nishikant Dubey and PP Chowdhary moved a privilege notice against Moitra.[27] "

Last edited:
they went from 3 to 86...I like neither.....but the next Assembly election it will be a tight race..much tighter than this one
It is after a long four years. Given time, things always change. Even BJP may lose supports by that time. Anyway, BJP is guilty of two crimes.

1) It has helped to resurface the communal hatred/animosity between Hindus and minority Muslims.
2) It has propagated anti-Bangladesh feelings to the population.

These two things will hunt BJP, Amit Shah, and Modi for a long time, at least in West Bengal.

WB with Mamata is a great buffer state for Bangladesh, as long as they are at loggerheads with the center.

Keeping Didi happy will pay dividends, send her more Hilsa fish and Jamdani Sarees and medical tourists. Maybe also get some Bengali IT Dadas to teach our kids programming skills in our IT parks.

I am hearing that Mamata will run for Indian PM next time around. :-)

She won't make any worse a PM than the current one. 8-)

No do not agree with any of your statements....

This bitch is just another shade of hindutva....

BD must not provide any support to WB goons....they are our most intractable enemies...

No do not agree with any of your statements....

This bitch is just another shade of hindutva....

BD must not provide any support to WB goons....they are our most intractable enemies...

OK I am willing to consider your viewpoints, but what have WB leaders done to oppose Bangladesh' interests, other than oppose sharing of Teesta waters - which they can defend on home politics grounds?

I will admit that with nationalists like Garga, there can be anti-Bangladesh feelings to some extent, which they are hiding for now. But that still remains to be seen. Even in Garga's movement, large portion of Muslim leaders can be seen, which is a sign of things to come, as Muslim opposition to Hindutva in WB mobilizes.

WB Hindutva leaders are playing it safe, not trying to stir the Hornet's nest of Muslim electorate in WB. Although they are given to gaseous anti-Bangladesh statements once in a while. These are mainly in the form of opposing "illegal immigrants" from Bangladesh - which is largely fiction.

There is a reason Mamata is called Mamtaz Begum by real Hindutvas since she appeals to the large Muslim electorate in WB.

It is after a long four years. Given time, things always change. Even BJP may lose supports by that time. Anyway, BJP is guilty of two crimes.

1) It has helped to resurface the communal hatred/animosity between Hindus and minority Muslims.
2) It has propagated anti-Bangladesh feelings to the population.

These two things will hunt BJP, Amit Shah, and Modi for a long time, at least in West Bengal.

Fanning communalism does not work as well in WB as it does in, say - UP.

The difference is - people are educated in WB.

Same thing in say - Kerala. Rate of education is far higher than cow-belt states.

Last edited:
Didnot Saayoni Ghosh lose to Agnimitra Paul from BJP?

bengal-bjp.jpg

Agnimitra is a sensual, maturely lovely woman, of the same kind as said by @fitpOsitive about Arfa Khanum Sherwani.

I have watched her fantastic first ever parliament speech. I don't think Modi would want to debate her. :D

I saw the speech where she accused the BJP judge of having credibility gap.

" Criticising the judiciary and the current government in the parliament on 8 February 2021, Moitra stated "The sacred cow that was the judiciary is no longer sacred, It stopped being sacred the day a sitting chief justice of this country was accused of sexual harassment, presided over his own trial, cleared himself and then proceeded to accept the nomination to the upper house within three months of retirement, replete with Z+ security cover". The speech caused an uproar in the house with member of the ruling party calling it 'objectionable' and violating parliamentary rules because it mentioned a person in "high authority". Member of opposition supported the speech as it was based on facts which are matters of public record.[24][25][26] The remarks were finally expunged from the records. On 11 February 2021, BJP leaders Nishikant Dubey and PP Chowdhary moved a privilege notice against Moitra.[27] "

A fine speech. :tup:

Compare that to the uncouth, thuggish speeches by BJP members like Tejasvi Surya who so recently got bashed in Bangalore for vulgarly and threateningly questioning inclusion of 17 Muslim staffers among Bangalore's newly inducted anti-COVID city administration staff of 205. He had headlined his list of 17 as "Terrorists who want to kill thousands of Bangalorians" and then demanded of the seniors of the city administration if they were opening a madrassah.

Fanning communalism does not work as well in WB as it does in, say - UP.

The difference is - people are educated in WB.

Same thing in say - Kerala. Rate of education is far higher than cow-belt states.

In WB and Kerala it is not just the school and college education. It is the more liberated and soundly educated atmosphere maintained after 1947 by, dare I say, the leftists.

Agnimitra is a sensual, maturely lovely woman, of the same kind as said by @fitpOsitive about Arfa Khanum Sherwani.

Bhai you aren't dating her, its the incendiary things she says (kind of justifies her name). :-)

I leave it up to you to neutralize her with your charms and convert her to a Mamata cohort (while in the process, tell her to get rid of the fake Sindur and Bindi, which she never wore prior to joining BJP).

I will also ask Bangladeshi women to boycott her BJP-funded fashion wares, but these women are way too naïve - this will be a waste fo time (sigh) ...

Now that you said it...this gives me another idea for a renewed BJP strategy...Eventhough casteism is not prevalent in Bengal, the top posts in Bengali politics have been heavily upper caste dominated Jyoti Basu (Zamindar?), Mamata Banerjee (Brahman), Pranab Mukherjee (Brahman), Buddhadeb Bhattacharya (Brahman), Subhas Chakraborty (Brahman), Mithun Chakroborty (Brahman), Somnath Chatterjee (Brahman).....

Maybe Dalit folks will be popular, but in WB casteism (up or down) is rather irrelevant. It's the message, not the messenger.

Dalits will not be approved by the BJP central command, they hate Dalit folks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom