What's new

Malaysian Malays and their "Chinese pig" song

Average Chinese in SEA dislike the rich elite Chinese for obvious reason. But in Malaysia's case, they did built the Chinese schools across the country.

Capitalism from the early Dutch (Indonesia) and Brit (Malaysia) era made the Chinese rich. The Chinese literally started the modern economy in SEA. The Chinese worked harder, smarter, were more risk taking for the colonists. Without the colonists and Chinese, these countries are nothing but backwater. Brownie/Austronesian peoples can be so ungrateful.

The Chinese have higher IQ

Bulshit...

Through Dutch occupation, Muslim Entrepreneurs joint together in a political action against Dutch occupation (SDI=Serikat Dagang Islam), because of that Dutch contained Muslim economic power by prioritizing Chinese ethnic entrepreneur in Indonesia. Chinese ethnic than accumulate capital at those time, when we, Muslim, fought Dutch with our money and blood.

During Soeharto time, he helped Chinese ethnic Conglomerate through our Central Bank cheap Credit that we call as KLBI (Kredit Likuiditas Bank Indonesia). It is like the way South Korea grow their Chaebol economic power. Soeharto did it because he is afraid that if Muslim economic power become stronger, then this power will fight against Soeharto politically. It is like trickle down effect policy which is used in our economic grand strategy by using politically powerless ethnic as a vehicle. Soeharto borrowed Dutch policy to contain Islam power. As Today we have witnessed that majority of our politicians are entrepreneurs including all of our presidential candidate in current election.

It is similar like Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Justice and Development party (AKP) in Turkey are funded by Islamist Entrepreneur. Dutch and Soeharto understand this logic. In short, giving more economic power to Muslim entrepreneur can create political backlash to those past regime.

Talking about entrepreneurship, some native ethnic are also well known and those ethnic has also spreaded across SEA and even become important persons politically like the first Singaporean head of state (Yusof bin Ishak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and also the first Malaysian head of state (both are Minang Kabau descent), and current Malaysia PM which is Bugis descent

Minangkabau people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bugis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Well said. Just because a person is of a particular ethnic background and is a citizen of a foreign country does not mean that the nation where his ancestors hailed from -- should intervene on their behalf.

They are citizens of their native land and thus should discourse on their respective governments. That would be the civil and mature thing to do.

There are millions of Brazilians of Japanese origin, as well as millions of Americans of Japanese origin. Yet these Brazilians and Americans are subject to the laws pertaining to them based on the country where they reside. Just because they happen to be Japanese in ancestry does not mean that they should be given the rights and privileges of Japanese citizens.

Indonesian , Thai, Singaporean, Filipino citizens who have some ancestral background to China are still citizens of their respective land(s) in South East Asia. Thus they should quit their complaints and address issues the proper / legal way.

Not entirely true for Japanese. Japanese are always loyal to Japan no matter where they live.

Japan citizenship is based on race. If you are ethic Japanese, you can obtain Japan citizenship.
Remember Alberto Fujimori ? He was born in Peru but fled to Japan and obtain Japan citizenship because he was Japanese.

There is no such thing as Sinicized Malays LOL. Obvious troll is obvious.

Btw, the song was sung by a Malaysian Chinese, not Malaysian Malay.

Google: Namawee

TS IS A FACKING TROLL

He he he. @Lux de Veritas is Singaporean. Most Singaporean Chinese no longer speak Malay so probably he does not understand the song Malay lyrics.

First of all,labelling any nation as pig or giving such title is contrary to the teachings of Islam.I condemn such sort of protest in which Chinese people are labelled as such.
Nevertheless,I believe that China must reform her policy in case of dealing with minorities as well.
If minorities are prohibited to perform their religious practices freely and general public will be dealt with extreme strictness,then I am afraid that more trouble will be created for China rather than maintaining discipline.Their image will be shattered as well in international level.Chinese regime must realize the consequences and they must bring reforms in their policy.
Regards

There needs to be accommodation on both sides: the Malays need to see the Chinese as fellow Malaysian citizens, and the Chinese need to see themselves as equal to the Malays, not superior. They are Malaysian first and Chinese second.

May I kindly ask both of you, If an ethnic Chinese wants to convert to Islam in a muslim majority country such as Pakistan or Malaysia, can they freely do so and will they be genuinely considered as a real muslim by everyone?

@Slav Defence @Developereo

May I kindly ask both of you, If an ethnic Chinese wants to convert to Islam in a muslim majority country such as Pakistan or Malaysia, can they freely do so and will they be genuinely considered as a real muslim by everyone?

It's hard to say anything about "everyone".

Muslims include a variety of people, from very closed-minded to very open-minded. Some of the closed-minded Muslims don't consider 90% of born Muslims as real Muslims, so the converts (Chinese, black or white) would have no chance.

But the open-minded Muslims would welcome a Chinese convert just as warmly as they welcome any other convert, black, white or brown.

Yes people will accept without any delay and regardless of anyone's ethnicity.
Few years back there was a group of black African players who arrive in Pakistan for tournament. Eventually, they were hosted by Muslims and liked their hospitality so much that they accepted Islam.
Pakistani public is very simple hearted in some cases.The only tragedy is that they were lead by bad political parties.
Regards

But once they have become muslim, can they, or any other muslims, freely leave their ? will there be any consequences?
At this point I will go with developerero.I believe that people should be allowed to take decisions freely in their lives.No one has right to influence other's stance and pressurize him/her or enforce their rules upon them.
Regards

At this point I will go with developerero.I believe that people should be allowed to take decisions freely in their lives.No one has right to influence other's stance and pressurize him/her or enforce their rules upon them.
Regards

But the problem is, a lot of muslims don't think like this. And I am not talking about extremists and terrorists, even moderate mullah and iman will not take lightly muslims leaving their religion.

But this is just one small example I used. I think you'd agree with me that most muslim holds a superiority complex over non-muslims. developerero even gave example of some muslims (I think mostly gulf arab muslims) being prejudice to even genuine muslim converts. And as far as I know, Malaysia has harsh apostacy law and some other prejudice law against non-muslims.

I kind of understand why though. If Allah created this world and muslims are his only obedient followers while other non-muslims rejects him, then obviously muslims would be superior to non-muslims.

But let's not talk about religion too much, it usually doesn't go too well. What I want to point out is that, you said China needs to reform their policy and treat their minority more fairly, including muslim minority. Developereo said that Chinese and muslim malay should treat each other equally.

But what if a muslim minority (Uyghurs) view everyone else as inferior non-believers and don't treat them equally? What should the Han Chinese do to treat these minority "more equally", if these minority don't want to treat everyone else equally?

That is my real question.

But the problem is, a lot of muslims don't think like this. And I am not talking about extremists and terrorists, even moderate mullah and iman will not take lightly muslims leaving their religion.

But this is just one small example I used. I think you'd agree with me that most muslim holds a superiority complex over non-muslims. developerero even gave example of some muslims (I think mostly gulf arab muslims) being prejudice to even genuine muslim converts. And as far as I know, Malaysia has harsh apostacy law and some other prejudice law against non-muslims.

I kind of understand why though. If Allah created this world and muslims are his only obedient followers while other non-muslims rejects him, then obviously muslims would be superior to non-muslims.

But let's not talk about religion too much, it usually doesn't go too well. What I want to point out is that, you said China needs to reform their policy and treat their minority more fairly, including muslim minority. Developereo said that Chinese and muslim malay should treat each other equally.

But what if a muslim minority (Uyghurs) view everyone else as inferior non-believers and don't treat them equally? What should the Han Chinese do to treat these minority "more equally", if these minority don't want to treat everyone else equally?

That is my real question.
First of all,very honestly speaking no religion in the world likes to see that any single member of their community leaves their religion and joins another.In my neighbour there was an agha khani who accepted Islam and got beaten up to death.He was hospitalized.I remember how brutally he was beaten up.It was insanity.Internet stories are filled with millions of sad stories faced by ppl who are converted to Muslims.
Second this superiority feeling is also felt by Jews who believes that they are more noble then any other nation since these people consider rest world as gentiles while they posses two souls.Same goes with some other nation enjoying similar feeling.
However,coming to your question I will say that you should keep your level high.Your moral should be high my friend.If Uyghurs are not breaking laws and laws are acceptable for them since it allows them to practice their rights freely then Chinese regime must treat them equally since these are their personal views.However,if they begain to mass murder innocent women and children like TTP is doing then no one can stop Chinese regime to take legal actions.
Remember, earlier I said that everyone must be allowed to take decisions of their lives freely unless laws are not violated by them, which is what I am adding now.Plus,laws designed by countries must give them right to practice their religious customs freely.If Uyghurs are violating laws then take action.However,I do ask your regime's logic to ban Muslims in xinjang for practicing fasts?
Regards

I can give a solid answer on that. In Malaysia, there's one oddball called Ridhuan Tee Abdullah or Tee Chuan Seng, he's a Chinese by ethnicity, but converted to Islam. He is pro-Islam and an anti-Chinese racist. Majority of Malaysian Chinese just give him the middle finger. In the eyes of the Malaysian Chinese, those "Chinese Muslim" are considered as strangers/traitors and they only represents less than 1% of the 7-8 million of Malaysian Chinese. In fact, I've never met one Malaysian Chinese Muslim in my life. And do you believe the Malaysian Malays see him as equal? With some common sense, you should figure that out yourself honestly. Yellow =x= Brown. But is he enjoying the privilege of "Bumiputra" policy aka "Son of the soil"? Yes, most likely.

The moment of truth: Malaysian Chinese dislike Islam. Period.

Do you know what happens when a Malaysian Chinese met a Chinese from China who happens to be a "Hui" (Chinese Muslim in China)? The Malaysian Chinese will asked the "Hui": Are you a Malay? LOL. You know why Malaysian Chinese linked Chinese Muslim to Malay? In Malaysia, religion is normally linked with ethnicity (unlike Indonesia, and they're more liberal), hence the common perception is: Malays are Muslims. Blame the gov't on the brainwashing. The gov't even put those Malays who wants to convert out of Islam into "re-education camps".

The gov't is trying hard to convert those "Orang Asli" aka "Indigenous" to Muslim. They're the real natives, not the Malays. They're Christians, thanks to the Brit.

Is Ridhuan Tee Abdullah a "Baba & Nyonya"? That I do not know. Baba & Nyonya has a more complex history than the majority of the Malaysian/Singaporean/Indonesian Chinese. Most of them now speak English and look like a Chinese (at least in MY and SG).
Here is one Nyonya:
Nyonya Cooking (Malaysian Recipes) - YouTube

Lee Kuan Yew (father of Singapore) is a Hakka Chinese and his mom's side had Baba & Nyonya blood.

I posted this regarding B&N in other forums not long ago:
Most of them speak English. Needless to say they also speak Malay, but definitely not on regular basis or at the 'native' level. Their Chinese dialects are so so or speak none of it. Their great great great grandpas were Brits/Dutch's lapdogs. They do not support Malaya to be independent from the Brit. B&N should thank the 'new immigrant' Chinese from the WW1 or WW2 or First Opium War for their 'more Chinese blood'.
History of Tibet 西藏历史 - Page 2 - Asian History and Culture - China History Forum, Chinese History Forum

I have no identity crisis, merely defending Islam, says Ridhuan Tee - The Malaysian Insider

Last edited:

In Indonesia you will find more Chinese Moslem than in any other country in ASEAN, even some of their descent hold the major Power in local Muslim Organizations such as NU and several political party movements. Abdurahman Wahid, our fourth Presiden is a confirmed Chinese Muslim descent.

In Indonesia you will find more Chinese Moslem than in any other country in ASEAN, even some of their descent hold the major Power in local Muslim Organizations such as NU and several political party movements. Abdurahman Wahid, our fourth Presiden is a confirmed Chinese Muslim descent.

It is good to see that many Indonesians have have looked past ethnic identity and focused on national identity and solidarity.

:tup:

It is good to see that many Indonesians have have looked past ethnic identity and focused on national identity and solidarity.

:tup:

DSC01290.JPG

Muhammad Syafii Antonio

Prominent Chinese ethnic Ulama/economist in Indonesia.....

lol Well, There are racists in every country in the world(even though i must confess Malaysia is different in that Racism is almost institutionalised.lol)
Well, Chinese/ethnic Chinese or even ethnic Indians In SEA shouldnt see too much into this.Its normal, when you are wealthy/rich people will envy you and despise you. It doesnt matter whether you are Chinese, Japanese, Indian, etc. As long as people of foreign accenstry/ethnic group/race is too wealthy/sucessful/powerful there will be people/locals who will despise them and be jealous, its human nature. I myself having being to some African Country like Cameroon(my wife is half cameroonian/half french:D) where the Mbamilikes(an ethnic group) are very sucessful/control virtually the economy, are very hated/despised by others in the country, i witnessed the same thing in Nigeria where the Igbos being the most sucessful/powerful are also depsised/hated, but that doesnt stops them from advancing, instead it encourages them to work even more hard to overcome the system and be sucessful.

So its not just a chinese thing i believe, i think its just that China being so populous/big/lots of foreign born immigrants attracts more attention etc. so nothing new about this.

But its also true that without the ethnbic chinese, Malaysia will be just another poor Asian country.:agree:
They should count themseleves lucky IMO. we can see this from Singapore example who decided to sepearte itself from Malaysia due to the racism/rejection they faced when they were part of malaysia, now look how developed they are. I think Mlayasia should try and expelled all ethnic chinese on their soil and lets see what the country will become after that..:lol:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom