What's new

Make In India - Fighter Jet musings - News, Developments, Updates - F16,F18, Gripen, Any other

It was a test team from Indian Air Force which gave its verdict against F16, F18, Gripen and Mig35.

And with this a government to government deal is impossible.

A new competition will be actually started if MoD or IAF are actually looking for another aircraft , and the aircrafts will need to pass the tests , and the companies will need to give a solid and clean deal with Substantial ToT , with Rafale deal as a benchmark.

All this, it only means even if we choose any another aircraft , the FGFA will likely come in service before them.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @R!CK

Twin engines are maintenance hogs, already we have so many twin engine machines. I prefer F16s, and they perfectly replace Mig 21s. If not F16s, India should go for Gripens.

It was a test team from Indian Air Force which gave its verdict against F16, F18, Gripen and Mig35.

And with this a government to government deal is impossible.

A new competition will be actually started if MoD or IAF are actually looking for another aircraft , and the aircrafts will need to pass the tests , and the companies will need to give a solid and clean deal with Substantial ToT , with Rafale deal as a benchmark.

All this, it only means even if we choose any another aircraft , the FGFA will likely come in service before them.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @R!CK
there wont me any other fighter than rafale but if .... i say again if india has to oblige USA by buying a US fighter then its latest version of F16 cause it can carry 8.5 tonne of weapons load while still have 550+Km combat radius even at 6-8 Km altitude and can track more than 64 targets at once and engage more than 18 at the same time and has the best 3rd gen GaN based AESA radar and combined internal avionics /EW/ECM /Jammer suite and 2nd gen IRST&HMDS plus all kinds of air to air and air to ground missiles which are best in there class plus getting aef sollah means we will get F35 in future too .... bakki lagge raho :coffee:

there wont me any other fighter than rafale but if .... i say again if india has to oblige USA by buying a US fighter then its latest version of F16 cause it can carry 8.5 tonne of weapons load while still have 550+Km combat radius even at 6-8 Km altitude and can track more than 64 targets at once and engage more than 18 at the same time and has the best 3rd gen GaN based AESA radar and combined internal avionics /EW/ECM /Jammer suite and 2nd gen IRST&HMDS plus all kinds of air to air and air to ground missiles which are best in there class plus getting aef sollah means we will get F35 in future too .... bakki lagge raho :coffee:

To appease US.

I say better buy more Tritons, C130-30 J and P8I.And a local line of C17 , even better.

And it is what actually will happen if need for appeasement comes.

Else F16 will actually have to fight out an unbiased competition. Because the Europeans are willing to put in more money than LM, and any biased decision for a G2G deal, the government will be literally lynched by Media and Opposition.

Without major change teens ha've less chance to win.
but they have major changes and israelies have been working secretly with USA and india for quite some time to make a perfect recepie for IAF/india with regards to what we need in india specefic F16 and if it happens it will get the latestnext ne internal IRST and 3rd gen JHMDS and 3rd gen GaN based AESA radar and combined EW+ECM+Jammer+WVR with nest gen digital computor for best in class things like FBW /RSS ect ect for control and all those sensor fused weapons and smart stand off range munations and air to air and air to ground and anty radiation missiles which are second to none both in leathality and price competitiveness

Twin engines are maintenance hogs, already we have so many twin engine machines. I prefer F16s, and they perfectly replace Mig 21s. If not F16s, India should go for Gripens.

Actually neither F16, nor Gripen can. Because by 2022-23 the Migs will go , and the first Single engine fighter , if it actually happens will not come before 2025 if its a G2G deal. Else if a fair competition , we will most likely have 2 squadrons of FGFA before we can see the first MII Fighter jet...

To appease US.

I say better buy more Tritons, C130-30 J and P8I.And a local line of C17 , even better.

And it is what actually will happen if need for appeasement comes.

Else F16 will actually have to fight out an unbiased competition. Because the Europeans are willing to put in more money than LM, and any biased decision for a G2G deal, the government will be literally lynched by Media and Opposition.
well IAF is already waiting to order at leastextra 20+ C-130XJ & 40 chinooks and Navy wants at least 12 more P8I while IA wants at least 36 apacheD and at least 12 chinooks

but they have major changes and israelies have been working secretly with USA and india for quite some time to make a perfect recepie for IAF/india with regards to what we need in india specefic F16 and if it happens it will get the latestnext ne internal IRST and 3rd gen JHMDS and 3rd gen GaN based AESA radar and combined EW+ECM+Jammer+WVR with nest gen digital computor for best in class things like FBW /RSS ect ect for control and all those sensor fused weapons and smart stand off range munations and air to air and air to ground and anty radiation missiles which are second to none both in leathality and price competitiveness

After IAF team disqualified the F16, from then , till as of today , the LM team has not even given a proper briefing of F16 to a IAF representation , and you are saying they are already investing for India ?

well IAF i waiting to order at leastextra 20+ C-130XJ & 40 chinooks and Navy wants at least 12 more P8I while IA wants at least 36 apacheD and at least 12 chinooks

The C130 order will stop for 24 aircrafts in IAF inventory.

And as you say, the above listed and many unlisted which are actually happening are more than enough to appease someone who isn't going to give a TOT on screws to us.

After IAF team disqualified the F16, from then , till as of today , the LM team has not even given a proper briefing of F16 to a IAF representation , and you are saying they are already investing for India ?

The C130 order will stop for 24 aircrafts in IAF inventory.

And as you say, the above listed and many unlisted which are actually happening are more than enough to appease someone who isn't going to give a TOT on screws to us.
a lot has changed since then thats all i can say now :coffee:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom