What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

wondering the same thing , thousands of mosques , maderssas and what not still thats not enough !

No my friend that is not just enough.......we not just want madrasses and mosques.......generally islam means "ebadat" (prayers) and "amal" (action).........madrasses and mosques are part of prayers, now we want "amal"..............more specifically practical islam what we want.

The majority of Muslims in Pakistan follow the Barelvi Sunni tradition along with the Shias greatly respect Sufi Saints and balance both deen and duniya.

A question... In a Sharia driven society, can you respect or observe Sufi principles? I thought that was not allowed...? Pardon my ignorance... But, i'd really appreciate a clarification on this...

Why is that you only quote those portion of Jinnah's speech which suits your secular viewpoint- why don't you quote his full speech?

Let me give you the full statement which you deliberatley didn't posted as it has the word shariat. Who are you trying to fool here?

That means he said something at one time and said something diametrically opposite at another time?

I would like to believe what he said to the Constituent Assembly since that was observed by the international community and recorded in the Proceeding!

Bar Council is a private body and so they could manoeuvre the recording to suit their convenience.

ISLAMABAD: A majority of Pakistanis favour the government taking steps for the "Islamisation" of society and almost a third of them believe the process should be completed in one go, according to new survey. A total of 67 per cent replied in the affirmative when they were asked during the survey carried out by Gallup Pakistan whether the government should take steps to "Islamise" the society.

Only 13 per cent said they believed there is no need for "Islamisation" while 20 per cent gave no response.

Forty eight per cent of respondents said steps to Islamise the society "should be taken one by one" while 31 per cent said the "steps should be taken at once". Twenty one per cent gave no response to a question on the process of Islamisation.

The study was carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the affiliate of Gallup International.

The survey was carried out among a sample of 2,738 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of Pakistan during January.

Rights activists and civil society groups have expressed concern over the perceived growth of influence of Islamist and radical groups in recent months.

The police guard who assassinated Punjab governor Salmaan Taseer for opposing the controversial blasphemy law in January was feted by Islamist groups as a hero and hundreds of lawyers offered to represent him for free.

Former federal minister Sherry Rehman virtually stopped making public appearances after being threatened by hardliners for her call for changes in the blasphemy law.

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll - The Times of India

That majority who believes in Islamisation has got entirely different meanings of 'Islamisation'. Let the poll conduction with the version of Islamisation explained, The majority will be converted into Minority.

Womens right to education, to inheritance, to vote, to give consent before marriage - are all rights given more than 1400 years ago - it is due to the increasing power of repressive culture and the rising power of the priestly classed (Mullahs) that this has been rolled back.

Thank you for answering. I appreciate that.

However some issue for clarification so that I understand better.

What education of women?

What education was there 1400 years ago.

Why are the flagbearers of Islam - the Taliban - for whom I find much support - demanding no education for women - and why are the educated Muslims mute spectators if education for women was sacrosanct?

Inheritance? Equal share between woman and man?

Vote? Vote for what?

Consent for marriage is possible. But even then a man has to say Talaq three times and it is over!

If the Mullahs are the bane of Islam, why is there no revolt against them?

How come all the head honchos are Mullahs?
'
I think it is time to see reality and bring in true Islam and that is love for mankind!

A question... In a Sharia driven society, can you respect or observe Sufi principles? I thought that was not allowed...? Pardon my ignorance... But, i'd really appreciate a clarification on this...

In every province, in every district of Pakistan there are Shrines that cross every sect, even Christians, Hindus, Sikhs venerate these Shrines - the ones belonging to Data Darbar, Bulleh Shah Shahbaz Qalander draw hundreds of thousands of devotees from around the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is that you only quote those portion of Jinnah's speech which suits your secular viewpoint- why don't you quote his full speech?

Let me give you the full statement which you deliberatley didn't posted as it has the word shariat. Who are you trying to fool here?

I have wasted a lot of time with you but I am willing to waste even more.

Jinnah in this particular speech is espousing the need for a fair, democratic, equal, and justice driven society by using Islam as the subtext.

There is no indication here that Islam will be the state religion or it will seep in the manner by which the religious clergy benefits.

Similarly, he had clearly pointed out that religion will remain a personal matter though it will be used as a source to create a just, equal, fair and democratic society.

What you want is a society where Mullah are running around passing decrees, calling people kaffir and indulging in all vices. Add to that the fact that they would want an everlasting war with the Non-Muslims.

Lets be honest here, Shias, Ahmadi's, Aga Khanis and substantial number of Parsi's, Christian's, Hindu's would not have opted for Pakistan if it was to become a reactionary medieval state where the clergy has a lot of sway over the nations get up.

What education of women?

Why are the flagbearers of Islam - the Taliban - for whom I find much support - demanding no education for women - and why are the educated Muslims mute spectators if education for women was sacrosanct?

Vote? Vote for what?

Consent for marriage is possible. But even then a man has to say Talaq three times and it is over!

'
I think it is time to see reality and bring in true Islam and that is love for mankind!

The Taliban is receiving support because of the perception that the West is occupying a Muslim land, there is much less support for their brand of Islam, the Mullahs are using religion as a grab for power, just like the Catholic Church, RSS etc.

Pakistan was made on the name of Islam on 27th Ramadan ul Mubarak..

It will one day become a true Islamic State with True Islamic Political, Social and Economic way of life... Pakistan will one day fulfill the saying of Holy Prophet (SA) about the Khilafat un ala min Haajin Nubuwwah {the Khilafat on the way of Prophet (SA) ] Insha Allah and NO POWER on Earth can stop it....

I am talking about the true Islam that Holy Prophet (SA) brought with him 1400 years ago , and I am not at all talking about the hateful Ideologies of TTP or other extremists who have spreaded terrorism in the name of Islam...

So its the duty of every Pakistani to struggle for implementing true Shariah of Holy Prophet (SA)..

Shariah of Hazrat Muhammad (SA) will be implemented in Pakistan... Insha Allah that is for sure .. the only important thing a Pakistani muslim should think is that will he struggle for implementing Shariah in his own capacity given to him by Allah or he prefers the pathetic secular way of life.... This is all Pakistanis have to decide....

I have no doubt that Shariah will be implemented in Pakistan.. Insha Allah the World will see it very soon.... we are moving towards it very fast....

What education of women? Education of everything that men can have. there is no restriction in Islam

What education was there 1400 years ago. Before Islam there was no education for women, Islam came with the view that dont kill girls, even educate them

Why are the flagbearers of Islam - the Taliban - for whom I find much support - demanding no education for women - and why are the educated Muslims mute spectators if education for women was sacrosanct? No one from muslim world support Talibanic version of Islam

Inheritance? Equal share between woman and man? It is based on woman being dependent on father before marriage, then on husband after marriage

Vote? Vote for what? Vote with equality

Consent for marriage is possible. But even then a man has to say Talaq three times and it is over! Woman can also get divorse, it is called Khula.

If the Mullahs are the bane of Islam, why is there no revolt against them? Not all, but there are black sheeps, as Mullahism is a business as well.

How come all the head honchos are Mullahs? plz elaborate
'

Hope above clarifies major things.

No my friend that is not just enough.......we not just want madrasses and mosques.......generally islam means "ebadat" (prayers) and "amal" (action).........madrasses and mosques are part of prayers, now we want "amal"..............more specifically practical islam what we want.

agreed with you... Islam is not just a religion, it is a "Deen" i.e a complete code of life.. And one day Pakistan will become a True Islamic State, representing the True Islam that was brought by Holy Prophet Muhammad (SA)....

Most of the Muslims thinks that Islam means only Praying, Fasting, Paying Zakat, performing Hajj, speaking truth, being nice in conduct... Its not at all like this... It has given us orders and guidance and advices in every Phase of life. Allah says in Surah Al Nahl:-

"And we sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book (Qur'an) , so that this book might explain all things"

Islamization of everything in Pakistan i.e Political, Economic, Social, cultural life will solve every problem in Pakistan....

But let us take the case of the most holy land of Islam - Saudi Arabia.

Can a woman drive a car, wear a skirt, smoke a cigarette, have a whiskey or walk hand in hand as they do in the West etc? It is there custom and yet in Saudi Arabia if they did it, they would be in Jail!

Sorry is this freedom? women wearing skirts and showing their body? is being allowed drinking and smoking called freedom?
I think there are many more things that Islam gave to women and i have pointed out few in my others posts in this thread. I don't want to go in the past of the so called secular and modren world. What they were few decades ago and what their women rights were just a century back. I think i don't have to compare it with what Islam gave women 1400 years ago. It is useless to discuss this because you seem to have no knowledge of women rights in Islam.

Sorry is this freedom? women wearing skirts and showing their body? is being allowed drinking and smoking called freedom?
I think there are many more things that Islam gave to women and i have pointed out few in my others posts in this thread. I don't want to go in the past of the so called secular and modren world. What they were few decades ago and what their women rights were just a century back. I think i don't have to compare it with what Islam gave women 1400 years ago. It is useless to discuss this because you seem to have no knowledge of women rights in Islam.

Women being able to wear skirts and showing their body isss freedom...it is not about the moral or vulgar aspect of this that is important...the importance is in the freedom allowed anyone to live the way they chose. A women, like a man, should have every right to live the way she wants, and to dress the way shes wants. Many muslims, focus on the morality of women being allowed to live the way do in the west, but your conservative outlook prevents you from seeing the beautiful freedom inherent in allowing a woman to live the way she desires.

Women being able to wear skirts and showing their body isss freedom...it is not about the moral or vulgar aspect of this that is important...the importance is in the freedom allowed anyone to live the way they chose. A women, like a man, should have every right to live the way she wants, and to dress the way shes wants. Many muslims, focus on the morality of women being allowed to live the way do in the west, but your conservative outlook prevents you from seeing the beautiful freedom inherent in allowing a woman to live the way she desires.

Sorry but i think there are thousands more things about women rights then just wearing skirt. do i have to tell everyone here how west treated their women just a century ago?

What education of women?

Vote? Vote for what?

'

Now why are you mixxing up taliban with Islam. taliban is a political or millitant movement, its not islamic movement.

Back
Top Bottom