What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

I think in Islam there is restricted freedom for women. No education, wear burkha out side home. So women will oppose that.

Your knowlegde about women rights in Islam is totally nill. The rights Islam gave to women 1400 years ago, were not even considered by the so called todays modern world 100 years ago. Can you imagine a woman running for the caliphate election 1400years ago. women were not even allowed voting rights by west 100 years ago. now compare both. but better shut your mouth because you have no knowledge about islam.

Mujib,

You live in Canada.

Canada is predominantly Christian.

So, how would you like if Christian Laws were applied for you?

No Mosque.

No Ramzan and no prayers five times.

Acceptable by you?

One must temper one's idea by reason and not blind radicalism!

Don't compare west with islam. Look who banned hijab?? Its the so called secular world. and now compare it with Prophet Muhammad PBUH allowing jews to worship in Holy mosque of madina. Islam does not impose any conditions for minorities to worship or practice their religion as todays western world is doing.

Concentrate on democracy, equality, justice and fairplay as taught by Islam. Understanding of Islam varies from sect to sect and Jinnah belonged to a sect that would advocate for a fair, equal and democratic society.

Some Muslims (read mullahs and their followers) advocate a theocratic state whereby others will not be equals and the state will be led by Mullahs with a divine mission to wage an ever lasting war with kafirs.

Pakistan certainly needs democracy, equality, justice and fairplay, not 'a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission'.

Why is that you only quote those portion of Jinnah's speech which suits your secular viewpoint- why don't you quote his full speech?

Let me give you the full statement which you deliberatley didn't posted as it has the word shariat. Who are you trying to fool here?

I cannot understand those people who deliberately do the propaganda that the constitution of Pakistan will not be based on Shariat. Islamic principles today are are as much applicable as they were 1300 years ago. I want to very clearly tell those, who have gone astray unfortunately, not only Muslims but the non-muslims should also not fear anything here. Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy. Islam has taught Equality, Justice and fairplay to everybody. What reason is there for anyone to fear. Democracy, equality, freedom on the highest sense of integrity and on the basis of fairplay and justice for everyone. Let us make the constitution of Pakistan. We will make it and we will show it to the world

[ Jinnah, 25 January 1948. Address to Bar Association Karachi
]

if we were a truly Islamized society we wouldnt have robberies, shootings, land mafia, feudal mindset, misguided jihadi types or any of that nonsense.....

all of what is going on in due to the utter failure of the government to serve the people....during the floods --- you could still see pictures of kids and adults still able to smile despite losing everything. And that is because they maintained their faith and kept hope.

people in Pakistan never lose hope, despite all odds. Now is Pakistan calling for "Islamisation'' --i guess it depends how ''gallup'' defines it. If they believe we see it as a talebanized society --then they are delusional. Because nothing is farther from the truth --regardless of what some in the west, or these bhartis to the east say or think.

Islam is obviously very important when we talk about Pakistan and in fact the country's very raison d'etre is because the different ethnic groups which made up majority of the Muslims opted for a seperate homeland. A place for ALL to worship, free of discrimination and caste mentality. It's as simple as that. Jinnah Sahib's Pakistan is not being 100% implemented today but Insha'Allah it will. It's still a young country and hopefully good lessons will be learned from all that is going on. Militancy is obviously a threat, but we are dealing with it.

certain mischievous media seems to portray Pakistanis as die-hard taleban/terrorist sympathisers which is absolutely absurd and far from the truth

Pakistanis should come back to their Indo-Aryan Roots, together with the Indians they are the great Indus Valley and Vedic People descendants. Maybe a compromise could be achieved, like Arya Samaj religion - its hinduism but monotheistic and without idols and they believe in only one transendent God. I think Arya Samaj would be also good for Roma People

It's not Islam but culture. The founder of Islam on the other hand warned its followers to treat women with respect.

"God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, aunts." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH).

Talibans say they are true islamists.
They follow wild justice hand to hand , leg to leg, eye to eye.
They kill women if they go for studies.
But islam doesnt say this.

Don't compare west with islam. Look who banned hijab?? Its the so called secular world. and now compare it with Prophet Muhammad PBUH allowing jews to worship in Holy mosque of madina. Islam does not impose any conditions for minorities to worship or practice their religion as todays western world is doing.

Since you raise the issue, I am answering.

Why can one not compare the West with Islam?

When did the ban on hijab come?

Was the ban there before?

Why did it come?

It all started after 9/11!

Fear of the radicals! And bombers can be of any sex or age.

If the face can be registered on a CCTV, the bomber can be caught, leading to the organisation that encouraged the bomber. It would go a long way to make the place safe for all, including Muslims who are not radical in thought and deed!

Is allowing worship the be all and end all of being liberal or piety?

Fair enough.

Has any country stopped the building of Mosques?

Or stopped anyone from praying?

So, all allow worship and it is not any special singularity shown by Islam.

If you talk of fairness, Christian laws are not applied on Muslims in Christian countries.

But Sharia is applied, even in Pakistan, to non Muslims!!

But let us take the case of the most holy land of Islam - Saudi Arabia.

Can a woman drive a car, wear a skirt, smoke a cigarette, have a whiskey or walk hand in hand as they do in the West etc? It is there custom and yet in Saudi Arabia if they did it, they would be in Jail!

Therefore, the ban on hijab is a quid pro quo if you wish to see it so, but in actuality, it is so that one can recognise the face and can be recorded on the CCTV.

There is a post which feels 5000 mosques in a city is showing immense piety and Islamisation.

Does it?

If those 5000 mosques are filled by people who are not pure in heart and deed as per Islamic tenets, what good are those mosques as symbols of piety and Islamisation?

Religious symbols do not indicate the fervour of religion or piety of its adherents. It is the deed and purity of mind that indicates!!

Pakistanis should come back to their Indo-Aryan Roots, together with the Indians they are the great Indus Valley and Vedic People descendants. Maybe a compromise could be achieved, like Arya Samaj religion - its hinduism but monotheistic and without idols and they believe in only one transendent God. I think Arya Samaj would be also good for Roma People

Please tell me you are kidding :)

This is the Islam that the vast majority of Pakistanis want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your knowlegde about women rights in Islam is totally nill. The rights Islam gave to women 1400 years ago, were not even considered by the so called todays modern world 100 years ago. Can you imagine a woman running for the caliphate election 1400years ago. women were not even allowed voting rights by west 100 years ago. now compare both. but better shut your mouth because you have no knowledge about islam.

U do the same

First of all u ur self dont know what islam means. The topic is about islamisation. U say that women were given right to vote before 1400 years ago. That was developed in time and that was not there before. So islamisation become seperated by its own laws like this. Pakistan has one type, iran has other, arabs have different type ...

The majority of Muslims in Pakistan follow the Barelvi Sunni tradition along with the Shias greatly respect Sufi Saints and balance both deen and duniya.

You raise an interesting point.

Now what are the rights given that is not even considered today?

It would add to my knowledge and so I am asking.

Why is that you only quote those portion of Jinnah's speech which suits your secular viewpoint- why don't you quote his full speech?

Let me give you the full statement which you deliberatley didn't posted as it has the word shariat. Who are you trying to fool here?

That means he said something at one time and said something diametrically opposite at another time?

I would like to believe what he said to the Constituent Assembly since that was observed by the international community!

You raise an interesting point.

Now what are the rights given that is not even considered today?

It would add to my knowledge and so I am asking.

Womens right to education, to inheritance, to vote, to give consent before marriage - are all rights given more than 1400 years ago - it is due to the increasing power of repressive culture and the rising power of the priestly classed (Mullahs) that this has been rolled back.

Back
Top Bottom