What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

hmm..interesting..though I have no concern whatsoever whether Israel is legal or illegal,still I am interested to know the definition of 'illegal state' from you.

state based on occupation and killings of innocent people, the land which doesnt belong to them or with the consent of local people..

The current environment in India is strikingly similiar to the nationalistic fervor that existed in Germany of the 40's.

The reason for the new found nationalistic spirit sweeping across all Indian communities is mostly ,the media.

I have noticed several times, popular media outlets spreading nationalistic messages subtly. An average Indian living in India gets exposed to a lot of nationalistic ideas, messages on a daily basis......explicitly or subtly...whether its work, school, or leisure. This tends to have lasting/permanent effect on individuals.

Even while you consider the Indian school curriculum, you can see that a huge chunk of it promote "indian-ness" and "brotherhood". New generation of Indians coming out are quite nationalistic regardless of religion or caste.

In our schools, we begin with a pledge after singing the national anthem which starts like this..."India is my country. All Indians are my brothers and sisters.........etc etc".

We are being taught to think as "indians" and to contribute positively to the nation.

This thread is about Pakistan, so I don't want to get sidetracked into India, but I'll just make a general comment that applies to all countries. Everyone's magnanimous and tolerant when there is optimism in the air. The trouble starts when times get tough and people believe things will get worse before they get better. That's when ethnic and religious tensions flare up. If it can happen in the US, it can certainly happen elsewhere.

The current environment in India is strikingly similiar to the nationalistic fervor that existed in Germany of the 40's.

The reason for the new found nationalistic spirit sweeping across all Indian communities is mostly ,the media.

I have noticed several times, popular media outlets spreading nationalistic messages subtly. An average Indian living in India gets exposed to a lot of nationalistic ideas, messages on a daily basis......explicitly or subtly...whether its work, school, or leisure. This tends to have lasting/permanent effect on individuals.

Even while you consider the Indian school curriculum, you can see that a huge chunk of it promote "indian-ness" and "brotherhood". New generation of Indians coming out are quite nationalistic regardless of religion or caste.

In our schools, we begin with a pledge after singing the national anthem which starts like this..."India is my country. All Indians are my brothers and sisters.........etc etc".

We are being taught to think as "indians" and to contribute positively to the nation.

That's why you people are developing :tup:

I saw one video on youtube about school assembly somewhere in tribal areas of North Pakistan & i would like to share here,

Watch whole video, maybe this is how those who study elsewhere in Pakistan do everyday, but in Karachi we don't do like this, after National Anthem with flag ceremony & Pakistan Zindabad slogan we move to our classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is about Pakistan, so I don't want to get sidetracked into India, but I'll just make a general comment that applies to all countries. Everyone's magnanimous and tolerant when there is optimism in the air. The trouble starts when times get tough and people believe things will get worse before they get better. That's when ethnic and religious tensions flare up. If it can happen in the US, it can certainly happen elsewhere.

You have a point, I was going to say that its self interest, unity of self interest that binds people - nation, religion, caste, creed, language, race are all identifiers along whcih unity happens for self interest.

Pakistanis aparently don't think much of Pakistan in terms of serving their self interest, hence that attitude.

OTOH, indoctrination at a young age also matters.

You have a point, I was going to say that its self interest, unity of self interest that binds people - nation, religion, caste, creed, language, race are all identifiers along whcih unity happens for self interest.

Correct and, when times are tough, ethnic and religious identity supercedes national identity. Everybody belongs to the same nation, so that loyalty factors itself out, and people circle the wagons around their ethnicity or religion.

Pakistanis aparently don't think much of Pakistan in terms of serving their self interest, hence that attitude.

I don't see the poll that way. As I mentioned, it's analogous to the soul/body comparison. The soul (religion) is eternal, but the body (nation) is of this earth, but it doesn't mean that you have less love/concern for one or the other.

OTOH, indoctrination at a young age also matters.

That's why I mentioned the US.

Perhaps no other country takes such care to indoctrinate equality and tolerance in its young, but divisions surface just the same when times are tough. Blacks, Jews, Asians, Latinos, whites -- all succumb to ethnic solidarity.

Quite agree to the fact. I am a Muslim Pakistani and in the last comes m province/city.

A proud Pakistani Muslim, Shia Punjabi Jatt all of these are part of my identity - and my nation and my religion are two sides of the same coin.

Would do anything for my nation - if another Muslim nation attacked my country - then I would fight to the death to defend Pakistan.

And indians - more inferiority complex, why would what we believe concern you.

That's why I mentioned the US.

Perhaps no other country takes such care to indoctrinate equality and tolerance in its young, but divisions surface just the same when times are tough. Blacks, Jews, Asians, Latinos, whites -- all succumb to ethnic solidarity.

From my extensive interaction with Pakistanis over the past three years, my opinion is that most Indians look at religion and state differently than most Pakistanis. Not saying one is right or wrong, its just the way it is.

Its a mixture of the two.

And indians - more inferiority complex, why would what we believe concern you.

Morbid curiosity.

This the common question taught to class 1 children in Islamic studies.
Q.Hum Kia Hain
A.Hum Musalman hain.

But its true that most of Pakistanis prefer Islam over Pakistan.I personally is first PAkistani then anything else.:pakistan:

your toughts are against Islam and its mean that you choose Pakistan and consider your self Muslim later.

I am proud Pakistani but first i am Muslim

As Iqbal Say

Apni Milat ka Khyaas Aqwam-e-Alam say na kar
Qaas hai tariqaat Qwam-e-rasool-e-Hashmi

Personally I consider my self Pakistani first and foremost.

But this is somewhat of a stupid question because religion and nationality are completely two DIFFERENT things. Its like asking someone whether they are a republican first (personal belief) or an American first. You can't compare the two just like you cannot compare religion and nationality.A more appropriate question would be: if you are a Mexican-American living in America would you consider self more Mexican or more American? Gallup needs to get its act together.

I saw one video on youtube about school assembly somewhere in tribal areas of North Pakistan & i would like to share here,

Watch whole video, maybe this is how those who study elsewhere in Pakistan do everyday, but in Karachi we don't do like this, after National Anthem with flag ceremony & Pakistan Zindabad slogan we move to our classes.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

blasphemy!!! :devil: ...

you are 'Quabil e Quatl'... :pop:

abe thek to bol, kuch pta hai nai aiwen joor jabardasti main hindi daal di joordaar

its wajib e katl not blah blah blah hindi garh di achi bhali urdu main

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Very good video. This is the fact that in Pakistani schools, morning assembly's sequence is Tilawat, (in some cases 'Lab pay aati hai dua'), then Qaumi Tarana, then speech by principal if required.

Great buddy, thanks for sharing.

Ummm people have completely forgotten this part of the report

A little less than a quarter of the population (22 per cent) considers being Pakistani as its primary identity, while 10 per cent put their provincial identity first

Isn't this the least bit disturbing ?

Back
Top Bottom