What's new

Majority of Pakistanis for 'Islamisation' of society: Poll

Request to Indians please do not compare Pakistanis with Indians when it comes to religion and country. Pakistanis put religion first and country later. While Indians put country first and religion later. India promises religious freedom and is a secular liberal country. Pakistanis on the other hand are still behind in terms of that.

And now we know which country is doing better currently.

Ummm people have completely forgotten this part of the report

Isn't this the least bit disturbing ?

We have a few group of people that call people from a neighbouring country brothers and are ready to embrace them while they completely ignore their country men because they do not share the same language and ethnicity.
It's messed up out there.

first the base of the creation of pakistan is islam pakistan is made for muslim where they can live and practise there religon so the ideology is ISLAM that means we are muslim and so ideology come first

I am glad that many of my relatives migrated from Sindh 65 years ago ....

I am glad that many of my relatives migrated from Sindh 65 years ago ....

thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, other wise we had to pet you with our national income

i don't know what is the fuss about being Muslims first or Pakistani first ? What is the difference between being Muslim and Pakistani anyway and why we cannot be both at the same time ?

One can follow Islam in KSA,Iran,Egypt,India,Indonesia and even in Europe and America......U dont need a separate country to follow a particular religion ...there was some reason/purpose for which some(less than 50% Muslims of British India) Muslims want a seperateNation.......that differentiates a PakistaniMuslim from a Muslim...r u getting me..
I personally some how feel that your country/countrymen have lost that purpose..and it is the reason for Pakistan's present condition(Just 20 yrs back ur percapita GDP was 1.5times that of India's and now u r lagging behind)
If u give preference to Muslim over Pakistani then u will ultimately become Puppets of Arbi Mullahs

One can follow Islam in KSA,Iran,Egypt,India,Indonesia and even in Europe and America......U dont need a separate country to follow a particular religion ...there was some reason/purpose for which some(less than 50% Muslims of British India) Muslims want a seperateNation.......that differentiates a PakistaniMuslim from a Muslim...r u getting me..
I personally some how feel that your country/countrymen have lost that purpose..and it is the reason for Pakistan's present condition(Just 20 yrs back ur percapita GDP was 1.5times that of India's and now u r lagging behind)
If u give preference to Muslim over Pakistani then u will ultimately become Puppets of Arbi Mullahs

right and post do you want in our govt..

Now, who will decide what the 'true and right kind' of Islam is? How many school of thoughts we have? and every one has got proper justifications for their respective beliefs accordingly everyone has got their own definition of 'Islamisaton. He we have seen people calling each other Kaafir, do you expect they would agree on one point? Never.

And some members were suggesting that there are only minor differences. I still cannot construe whether the changing society of Pakistan would accept public flogging which is categorically affirmed in the Koran or keep stringent check on whether each individual is praying five times with precisely mentioned process or not. Include to the list - the blasphemy laws.

I realize my apprehensions are not ill-founded - Pakistan is not going to take this road any time soon.

From my extensive interaction with Pakistanis over the past three years, my opinion is that most Indians look at religion and state differently than most Pakistanis. Not saying one is right or wrong, its just the way it is.

Its a mixture of the two.

Morbid curiosity.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Inferiority Complex is inferiority complex

Not being a collective identity on your part doesn't change the perception of the world that a great many Pakistanis and Afghans see themselves as Muslims first, nationals of various nations there second. That says "they" see Islam as their collective identity.

I appreciate that you do NOT see Islam as your collective identity. I hope your point of view rubs off on many Muslims who read and post on PDF.

Not being a collective identity on your part doesn't change the perception of the world that a great many Pakistanis and Afghans see themselves as Muslims first, nationals of various nations there second. That says "they" see Islam as their collective identity.

I appreciate that you do NOT see Islam as your collective identity. I hope your point of view rubs off on many Muslims who read and post on PDF.

Not just Pakistani & Afghans, but most Muslims around the world.

This thread is about Pakistan, so I don't want to get sidetracked into India, but I'll just make a general comment that applies to all countries. Everyone's magnanimous and tolerant when there is optimism in the air. The trouble starts when times get tough and people believe things will get worse before they get better. That's when ethnic and religious tensions flare up. If it can happen in the US, it can certainly happen elsewhere.

In the US ? When did it happen in the US ?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Not just Pakistani & Afghans, but most Muslims around the world.

i have seen a tendence among shias to put country above religion . Not all but more than sunnis .

I think there is obvious truth to the idea of Pakistanis identifying with Islam first. I always found it interesting how when Iraq was invaded, when Afghanistan was invaded, the Pakistanis were up in arms...simply because these were muslim nations. The reality though was, neither nation ever had an interest in the wellfare of Pakistan, yet we took it so personally that the Americans had a problem with them. Much of the support for groups like Al-Qaeda in Pakistan is based on the fact that these are muslims fighting non muslims...even though they are killing innocent people, while those "non muslims" are the ones that provide us with the most aid when natural disasters hit.
Pakistan should be of singular importance, a persons religious leanings should be irrelevant...unfortunately, that is not the case...instead we hate the Americans and support muslim nations who have absolutely no interest in our prosperity.

And some members were suggesting that there are only minor differences. I still cannot construe whether the changing society of Pakistan would accept public flogging which is categorically affirmed in the Koran or keep stringent check on whether each individual is praying five times with precisely mentioned process or not. Include to the list - the blasphemy laws.

I realize my apprehensions are not ill-founded - Pakistan is not going to take this road any time soon.

Pakistan will not accept public flogging (can you show where in the Quran public flogging has been affirmed), just like the controversial Hadood Ordinance from Zia-ul-Haq's time was removed, & there are many people that are standing up against the Blasphemy Law today, calling it un-Islamic.

In the US ? When did it happen in the US ?

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

i have seen a tendence among shias to put country above religion . Not all but more than sunnis .

There are certain Pakistani Shias (peaceful though) that prefer Iran (to them, Iran represents their Shia identity, & they place their Shia identity over Pakistan) over Pakistan, & I think it is just wrong. So it is not right to generalize segments of society. In most cases, Shias resort to peace because they follow God's commandment of loving the oppressed, & hating the oppressors. This was taught by God, & practiced by His loved creatures. And it is clear to see that religious extremists have oppressed the majority Pakistani people, & caused inexplicable harm to the nation of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom